Serum calcium-parathyroid

Bw2506

Awards
An anyone tell me if test injections can affect this level? My blood test in april showed my level as 10.2, 10.2 being the highest number on the scale..this was with my test levels at 402. A recent test where i had been off injections showed my calcium out of range, i believe it was 11.3 and my test levels were in the 90's..i also had my first kidney stone this year.. I am concerned with parathyroid..can injections drive this number up and what steps should i take next

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Low testosterone, low adrenal function, low vitamin D, low thyroid can cause this
Most likely it may be secondary hyperparathyroid from cortisol imbalance or low vitamin D

Bw2506

Awards
So what text next...? Will a normal pth and an ionized calcium rule out/confirm parathyroid problems

Bw2506

Awards
My thyroid panel was all normal as well as prostate and comp panel---basically im asking what should i do next

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Rule out the above with a qualified and competent medical.professional.

Bw2506

Awards
Matrix. In july i had calcium and pth checked. Calcium 11.4 (8.7-10.2) and and pth was
75 (15-65). I have an appt with and endo on the 11th. 1st day bloodwork with him will include potassium, vit d, basic urine, uric acid, cmp, cbc, pth,and t7. From my last bloods do u still think seconder hyperparathyroid. Any other bloods u would suggest. I may do my own and take them with me