Matrix help please. Blood results possibly connected with past head trauma

macgyver1

Awards
Matrix, been reading here for a while and you really seem to help people with great info.

I will try to keep this brief.

38 year old male
Broke my neck and suffered a pretty good brain injury 3 years ago. Left with amnesia, short term memory loss but mostly fully recovered now.

After the injury I decided to re-dedicate to the gym. But over the three years I have felt steadily worse and worse despite getting in better shape. I am in what most would consider very good shape now. 5'9" 188 @ aprox 12%bf.

I began to worry and went and had bloodwork done. My test levels came back normal (607ng/dl), but my free and weakly bound (Bioavailable) was VERY low. (9.5% or 57.7ng/dl) From what I have gathered, this number is usually 30-60% with normal range of 72-400. (mine being only 58)

I was shocked...as I was making great progress in the gym. I have been struggling with personality changes, emotions...very low energy levels, low sex drive, losing hair on my legs...etc. All these things since the injury.

I am lifetime natural, and never used AAS or PH's.

I am fit (10-12% bf) and carry a good deal of muscle....and have not had muchh trouble gaining muscle since my injury. My strength is good, 330 bench and 530+ deadlift.....I am confused how I could be making good progress with such low bioavilable test.

My diet is very good. I track and plan all my meals. (have been doing this over a year) Macros aprox 40/30/30. Healthy balance of whole foods from 90+%unprocessed sources. I get plenty of rest. I dont drink or smoke and live relatively low stress life.

Can you provide any insight? Where should I go from here? What would you begin to look at?

Thank you so much......I have been struggling with this.

Scans of my bloodwork are attached in next post.
Main bloodwork scan below.

Test Levels came back
607ng/dl

Test % Free +Weak
9.5%

Test Free/weakly bound
57.7ng/dl

macgyver1

Awards
[edit] deleted dup post

Here are some pics of me. and bloodwork below

CIMG96816565-1.jpg

sdtfert.jpg

Attachments

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Something going on in immune system could.be s slight cold. Or.over training because of.low wbc common in people.who work out. Thyroid draws a huge red flag.as.to.further investigation with ft3 ft4 rt3.readings. Should.also check adrenals glad with 4. Point.cortisol saliva test. E2 and shbg were never looked at which May explain low bio.t. Further evaluation needs to be conducted. Lipids are off low.cholesterol.which will.hinder proper.hormone.production. These are.common with heavy.metals infections fat malabsorption and liver imbalances.

macgyver1

Awards
Matrix

Thank you.

I am scheduled next week to go in for some more tests. I also wanted to get GH levels checked because from what I have read it can cause high SHBG levels.

I found an online calculator which I know is not super accurate, but using my known albumin levels (4.7) and bio available (9.6%) it with a total test of 607, it estimates SHBG would have to be VERY high..... I really need to have it tested directly.

There is a history of hypo-thyroid in my family. Pretty much every female on both sides has it and my grandfather and grandmother were treated for goiter.

It will be nice to get some more in depth testing and get an idea of what is going on. I also wonder what if any this is connected with my head injury...as it has really seem to come out of nowhere since the injury.

Not sure what the 4 point cortisol saliva test is looking at?

Thank you very much for your insight. Right now I am just dealing with my GP, but an endo referral might prove necessary. I really like the relationship I have with my PCP though.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Use pcp to get the.proper.testing done
24 hour urine dhea and gh test from lab corp
cortisol saliva 24 hour
acth serum
need to see if other areas of the brain are affected. It May effect one not the other.

macgyver1

Awards
Thanks again. Are you saying just do the 24hr urine and gh on my own from lab corp? And the rest with my GP?

Or ask him to order all the tests?....

I have been doing some reading on head injuries and see many suggesting that a full hormone panel be done at the time of injury to later compare. I wish this had been done.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again. Are you saying just do the 24hr urine and gh on my own from lab corp? And the rest with my GP?

Or ask him to order all the tests?....

I have been doing some reading on head injuries and see many suggesting that a full hormone panel be done at the time of injury to later compare. I wish this had been done.
With proper testing then one can determine more likely probably cause.
Always run through your PCP in ordee to take advanatge of ones insurance