Saw palmetto and testosterone replacement therapy.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hi

Thinking of taking S P whilest on TRT to support the prostate. Would would there be a conflict and would i be doing more harm than good?

As i see it if i had a normal supply of test ie produced by the body, then id still have the option to use S P but seeing i receive an external supply of test , is it any different?

Thanks

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I would be careful with Saw Palmetto and other DHT inhibitors is a slight increase in estrogen. I remember taking SP and Beta Sitosterol seperately and noticed some slight estrogenic sides so I stopped. I've also seen a lot of feedback on the hair loss forums of people using natural DHT inhibitors as a substitute for Propecia in order to block DHT, and they also noticed a rise is estrogen.

In regards to your question, no. Whether it be an outside form of test or your own natural test, the effects will be the same on your prostate all depending on the amount of test in your system and your prostate's resistance or susceptability to test/DHT induced side effects.

I would try the SP and just look out for any sides. Good luck.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
thanks dosage is 320 mg per day , in addition i am taking transreservatrol and i dont drink alcohol and have very little fat- all helps i guess to keeping E low

according to a book i have by ray sahelian , it just nudges dht into the right window so ill see

what were your sides?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Not advisable can cause issues similar to finasteride and may be estrogenic in nature.
I would use DIM, pygenum, zinc, and other prostate supporting nutrients

Hi

Thinking of taking S P whilest on TRT to support the prostate. Would would there be a conflict and would i be doing more harm than good?

As i see it if i had a normal supply of test ie produced by the body, then id still have the option to use S P but seeing i receive an external supply of test , is it any different?

Thanks

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
thanks dosage is 320 mg per day , in addition i am taking transreservatrol and i dont drink alcohol and have very little fat- all helps i guess to keeping E low

according to a book i have by ray sahelian , it just nudges dht into the right window so ill see

what were your sides?
What I did notice when using SP and Beta Sitosterol, both on seperate occasions was increased exhaustion throughout the day, less pumps in the gym, eratic sex drive (up and down), increased water retention and facial bloating, very groggy when waking in the AM, and itching/sensitivity of the breasts.

I felt the exact same sides when I was using Finasteride (Propecia) for a brief period of time. Which is why I stopped using all of these lol.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
How much DIM and pygenum is a good amount to start with?

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
how much DIM and pygeum is a good amount to start with?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Not advisable can cause issues similar to finasteride and may be estrogenic in nature.
I would use DIM, pygenum, zinc, and other prostate supporting nutrients
i notice you have chosed Dim OVER I-3 -C , Is that personal preference or have you read something to suggest dim is better than the other?

thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i notice you have chosed Dim OVER I-3 -C , Is that personal preference or have you read something to suggest dim is better than the other?

thanks
MOst people have low stomach acid which can not convert ic to DIM

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
how much Dim should someone take to begin with for prostate protection/issues.