should I still take supplements?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I know this is probably a really stupid question, but I've gotta get it out. I used to take supplements such as ZMA, wild oats, Vitamin D, etc to try and keep optimal natural test levels. Now that I'm on TRT, should I continue taking supplements like this? Maybe continue taking them, but not as much?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is probably a really stupid question, but I've gotta get it out. I used to take supplements such as ZMA, wild oats, Vitamin D, etc to try and keep optimal natural test levels. Now that I'm on TRT, should I continue taking supplements like this? Maybe continue taking them, but not as much?
I would take them because those listed are essential for life. Magnesium is one trace mineral that everyone seems to be lacking nowadays and vitamin d levels are very important for all hormones. Not just testosterone. Unless they are exogenous hormones it shouldn't really be a problem continuing them. Just let your doc know. And get your vit D levels checked.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
ZMA Should be stable in any bodybuilders or athletes supplement stash, vitamin D should also be in every American daily vitamins. One should always have proper vitamin D levels measure to be 70-80 when supplemented.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
ZMA Should be stable in any bodybuilders or athletes supplement stash, vitamin D should also be in every American daily vitamins. One should always have proper vitamin D levels measure to be 70-80 when supplemented.
What about supplements such as stinging nettle, avena sativa, silymarin, chrysin, etc?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What about supplements such as stinging nettle, avena sativa, silymarin, chrysin, etc?
too many variables to know what is doing what.. keep things simple less variables

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would take them because those listed are essential for life. Magnesium is one trace mineral that everyone seems to be lacking nowadays and vitamin d levels are very important for all hormones. Not just testosterone. Unless they are exogenous hormones it shouldn't really be a problem continuing them. Just let your doc know. And get your vit D levels checked.

Yep supplements are essential for life. You will die if you don't take supplements.

F

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
how much vitamin D should an athlete take every day?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
F

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
I take 1600iu daily. I have been tested for it before but the doc said I was within range. I have no idea what the number was though.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I take 1600iu daily. I have been tested for it before but the doc said I was within range. I have no idea what the number was though.
I usually take around 5000iu of Vitamin D3 a few times a week. I noticed on my last blood test my DHEA was in the low range, should I possibly supplement DHEA? Since I'm on TRT, and I've heard some DHEA is produced by the testes, could it be possible that it is low due to TRT? I can't find much good info on DHEA supplementation, and the long term effects are unknown..

Oh, and Steve Ballmer just began TRT, here he is after accidentally giving himself a 600mg injection of Test-E:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
In range can be 21 optimal is 70-80. Go figure..
average is between 5-10000 ius a day not 1600 LOL