Lab Results - ED/Libido Issues - Prostate - Please Help!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
***I was encouraged to post here***

ey Guys,

I'm 35, great shape, longtime lifter, 190lbs, 12% BF. I started a cycle of DAA/Triazole on December 1st, 2011. I stopped on December 31st - 4 weeks total. I am an American living in Australia.

On December 28th, 2011 I noticed the following symptoms progressing weekly from this date forward: SUDDEN loss of erection quality, weaker urine stream, disrupted sleep to urinate, irritability, anxiety, libido loss, fatigue, loss of motivation, lost sense of well-being. . I saw a Urologist and explained things and he suggested I get a blood tests to check for testosterone levels and other things.

Here are (some) of the results from my 8:30am Jan. 18th, 2012 blood test:

-Prolactin - 151 mIU/?L (85 - 500)
-Cholesterol - 4.2 mmol/L (3.9 - 5.5)
-FSH - 2.4 U/L (1.5 - 13.0)
-LH - 4.8 U/L (2.0 - 10.0)
-Testosterone - 14.3 (11.5 - 32.0)

***I was ALARMED that my Test, FSH, and LH were all in the low-normal range. How could this be?? For years my libido was ALWAYS very high and I was always very aggressive and positive. I would never do steroids, because of my already aggressive personality. The low-normal scores were very surprising. I don't think the supplements had anything to do with my symptoms. I do think the these had a problem with my prostate. ***

The urologist who looked at the above results was very non-chalante and said, "Your in the normal range, so there's no problem. IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Stop worrying so much and deal with stress and anxiety better." That DID NOT answer the issue with my prostate, which he did not even bother to check. I decided to take another blood test upon the advice of my GP. I read that you can still exhibit these symptoms if you are in the low-normal range.

I asked for my GP to order a test for FREE Testosterone and here are the results from my Feb. 7th blood test (3 weeks later from 1st test):

Reproductive Hormones - Roche Method

Oestradiol - 86 pmol/L ( <160 )
Testosterone - 20.2 (11.5 - 32.0) ****UP from previous blood test***
SHBG - 28 nmol/L (15 - 50)
Free Androgen Index (FAI) - 72.1 % (15 - 100)
PSA - 1.6 ug/L ( 0.20 - 2.1 0 ) ***men 30 - 39, the median range is 0.75 ug/L. This is high for my age***

A follow up rectal exam of my prostate revealed that it was VERY inflamed. I subsequently took urine tests to test for infection and all came back negative for infection.

QUESTIONS
How could my total test go up that much in 3 weeks?
Was my stress levels high enough to lower my test and experience these symptoms?
What does my SHBG score mean: am I in a good range?
What does the FAI score mean - it appears to be in a range as a percentage?
Did they FORGET to test my FREE testosterone or is that the FAI (which is what my urologist said - I think he's wrong)?
Would my enlarged prostate cause the ED and lowered testosterone?
How do my levels look overall?
Should I get a follow up blood test in a few weeks/months?
How much test do you lose after 35 and at what rate?

Overall, I should now tell you that during this time, I am about to move overseas after living in Australia for 3 years, I have very little money, I am in a relationship with a woman I may never see again, and my business that I own was driving me crazy.

My GP also found that my prostate was enlarged and I have been taking doxycycline and that seems to be making a positive impact on things.

As of today, my well-being and erection quality is slowly coming back.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
I too was much like you. I was a upcoming national level bodybuilder then boom, I started to have prostate issues in my 20s. When my prostate became inflamed my life changed. my test levels dropped tremedously. my estrogen levels went through the roof. my body didn't even respond positively to synthetic testosterone without driving up estrogen. My test levels were in 200 range. hopefully the antibiotic will dramatically change your symptoms. I would look into how long it takes the antibiotic to peak in your system and make yourself ejaculate to get the drug to the prostate gland,vas defrens and such. good luck and stay positive

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are many variables which drive T levels so its hard to say. One needs to look at the person as a whole then determine from there.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. I'm actually returning to normal, so that is great. I realize and have read that test boosters can effect the prostate and cause it to swell.

Do you guys have any thoughts on my bloodwork? How do my levels look?

Thanks!

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
yea but if you are responding good to your antibiotic then most likely your inflammation was not because of increasing test. it probaly was bacterial then

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are many variables which drive T levels so its hard to say. One needs to look at the person as a whole then determine from there.
Hey Matrix, I agree. I think it was a combination of things. Once I saw my results, and how my testosterone went UP in just 3 weeks, I realized it must have been a combination.

What do you think of my levels in my test results: does everything look ok for a 35 year old male?

Thanks!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea but if you are responding good to your antibiotic then most likely your inflammation was not because of increasing test. it probaly was bacterial then
The antibiotic is SLOWLY working. It's been 12 days on the antibiotics and I recall taking them for about 4-6 weeks when this happened last year.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The antibiotic is SLOWLY working. It's been 12 days on the antibiotics and I recall taking them for about 4-6 weeks when this happened last year.
Then you better be blasting probiotics in after wards other wards something else will go out of balance resulting in other issues. Give one meds to cure something side effects lead into something else. Typical medical mentality. Fix the gut/immune system then testosterone and other things may come right in line. I see it on a weekly basis with many younger guys just boggles my mind how many young guys are over medicated with Testosterone. Give testosterone solves the problem then you find out 5 years down the road they had Hpylori brewing which was causing inflammation and low T. The end result was death from stomach cancer. One of guy I was working with friend just died, from it, they found this same organism He was only 36. No history of cancer, smoking, or other drugs. This is the point I have been emphasising all along, LOOK FOR ROOT CAUSE.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then you better be blasting probiotics in after wards other wards something else will go out of balance resulting in other issues. Give one meds to cure something side effects lead into something else. Typical medical mentality. Fix the gut/immune system then testosterone and other things may come right in line. I see it on a weekly basis with many younger guys just boggles my mind how many young guys are over medicated with Testosterone. Give testosterone solves the problem then you find out 5 years down the road they had Hpylori brewing which was causing inflammation and low T. The end result was death from stomach cancer. One of guy I was working with friend just died, from it, they found this same organism He was only 36. No history of cancer, smoking, or other drugs. This is the point I have been emphasising all along, LOOK FOR ROOT CAUSE.
I hear you, man. My experience with doctors in the last 3 years is that MANY are lazy and their office is like an assembly line of patients and they just apply whatever generic, easy-fix they think is necessary.

So, my libido and erections are coming back, but I still feel a bit "off" and I think it's the stress from my big move back home next week.

I'll continue the Doxy and see how I settle once I get home.

Overall, Matrix, how do my test results look to you?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I hear you, man. My experience with doctors in the last 3 years is that MANY are lazy and their office is like an assembly line of patients and they just apply whatever generic, easy-fix they think is necessary.

So, my libido and erections are coming back, but I still feel a bit "off" and I think it's the stress from my big move back home next week.

I'll continue the Doxy and see how I settle once I get home.

Overall, Matrix, how do my test results look to you?
REsults are one thing, how you feel is totally something else. ...Treat the person not the labs !!

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
wow I was diagnosed with H PYLORI over 10 years ago. I remember taking antibiotics for it. I was never re tested after the antibiotics though

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You always go back to check it could take more then one round to knock it out or something else came in to replace it. I see many.people with cfs this happened too.they were.miss labeled.

shbg82

Awards
Reasearch XYLITOL...... It will cure and prevent gum disease, which you will learn about in your 50s.
It will eliminate H PYLORI. Kill off fungal candisis. It will help with the infection in your prostate, and may have prevented it.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
isn't xylitol a artificial sweetener in gum? where do you get it and how much do you need to take? I remember chewing gum with xylitol in it and it made me sick to my stomach

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Reasearch XYLITOL...... It will cure and prevent gum disease, which you will learn about in your 50s.
It will eliminate H PYLORI. Kill off fungal candisis. It will help with the infection in your prostate, and may have prevented it.
Cure is a strong word, it may help to reduce the inflammation associated with lining of the mouth as well as other areas, possibly reducing pathogenic bacteria and candida.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
Matrix do you feel that it could possibly help with candida of the GI tract and prostate?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix do you feel that it could possibly help with candida of the GI tract and prostate?
Need to research it. I will ask my contacts who are in the top of the field who will give me straight up answer from no BS standpoint from research stand point.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the interesting info, guys.

I was diagnosed with gum disease when I was 26. WAY too you, but my dentist said it was hereditary in my case as my teeth were great otherwise. I always brushed, but didn't floss as much as I should have.

FLOSS!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the interesting info, guys.

I was diagnosed with gum disease when I was 26. WAY too you, but my dentist said it was hereditary in my case as my teeth were great otherwise. I always brushed, but didn't floss as much as I should have.

FLOSS!!!
Gum diseae = stress on adrenal glands from dealing with inflammation, why its crucial always to ask new people coming in about there gum health which no Dr ever does LOL..