Next steps advice

Tuigim

Awards
I am 36, and I have had many of the symptoms of low T for many years. I have sleep apnea, and many of the symptoms are the same, so I thought my issues were sleep related. After getting bloodwork and starting on provigil, some of the sleep deprivation issues have cleared up, but I still have all signs of low T.

My origional bloodwork (last Oct) Showed Total T: 409, and free T of 9.7. Doc said that I was within range, so I was "normal", so it can't be a T problem.

I stopped all vitamins and supliments that I have been taking for three weeks, and just did the "cheap female hormone test" that is listed here in the forums...
Test in serum: 296
LH: 3.2
FSH: 3.1
Est: 24.7

What are my next step? My general doc that I go to would be worthless, and I have self-referral under my insurance.

What other bloodwork and such do I need to make an accurate determination, and does anyone have advice on a doc to see in Maryland? I really don't want to play roulette with this and try to find a doc with a clue on my own.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am 36, and I have had many of the symptoms of low T for many years. I have sleep apnea, and many of the symptoms are the same, so I thought my issues were sleep related. After getting bloodwork and starting on provigil, some of the sleep deprivation issues have cleared up, but I still have all signs of low T.

My origional bloodwork (last Oct) Showed Total T: 409, and free T of 9.7. Doc said that I was within range, so I was "normal", so it can't be a T problem.

I stopped all vitamins and supliments that I have been taking for three weeks, and just did the "cheap female hormone test" that is listed here in the forums...
Test in serum: 296
LH: 3.2
FSH: 3.1
Est: 24.7

What are my next step? My general doc that I go to would be worthless, and I have self-referral under my insurance.

What other bloodwork and such do I need to make an accurate determination, and does anyone have advice on a doc to see in Maryland? I really don't want to play roulette with this and try to find a doc with a clue on my own.
Find a good Dr one which I know of close to you specializing in this stuff. PM
Your T levels are find, need to look deeper into other issue which may be affecting the utilization of it

Tuigim

Awards
Matrix, I would, but am still below the "newbie 7 post limit". Do you know what other extended bloodwork, etc. the doc will likely request? I can go get that now so that I can just bring all the paperwork with me to the initial intake visit.

Tuigim

Awards
BTW: I'm looking for a perm fix if I can find one... The idea of having to stick myself all the time is not cool... I get faint every time I get blood drawn. Lifestyle wise, I have more than the average bear's level of stress, so I likely have high cortisol levels, etc. that is causing issues.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
BTW: I'm looking for a perm fix if I can find one... The idea of having to stick myself all the time is not cool... I get faint every time I get blood drawn. Lifestyle wise, I have more than the average bear's level of stress, so I likely have high cortisol levels, etc. that is causing issues.
95% of cases are due to low cortisol levels and inability to produce the demand need for the high stress levels. It's kind of decieving.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Aka: I have a LOT to learn about this.
Took me over 8 years and 10,000 hour research to finally start putting the pieces together from an integrative approach. Now some times get board to easy and need something more challenging to stimulate my mind :)

Tuigim

Awards
aaahhh. That would explain why you know most of the good docs around then.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
aaahhh. That would explain why you know most of the good docs around then.
Yes I work with several through out the country...

deadliftin

Awards
You are managing your apnea on Cpap or you had surgery ? Overweight?

Have you tried taking more protein at bedtime to give some building blocks for t tobe created? Not that this is going to give you an big pop in t but every points help.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You are managing your apnea on Cpap or you had surgery ? Overweight?

Have you tried taking more protein at bedtime to give some building blocks for t tobe created? Not that this is going to give you an big pop in t but every points help.
We have found sleep apnea is a symptom of the cause which can be hypothyroid, neurotransmitter, iron and oxygen transport with different forms of anema. Simple losing weight has resulted in decrease of people needing CPAP machines. One needs to look at multiple factors in volved with this sleep disorders. Some times a CPAP machine may be needed in the beginning but over time as the circumfrence of the neck decreases to <17-18 inches the machine can be discontinued.

Tuigim

Awards
my neck has never been that large. my max weight was 210ish. I have lost 40lb sinc Oct 1 when I started fixing things wrong with me. I use an oral bite guard device, not a cpap.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
my neck has never been that large. my max weight was 210ish. I have lost 40lb sinc Oct 1 when I started fixing things wrong with me. I use an oral bite guard device, not a cpap.
Do you have TMJ or some kind of other structural imbalance in the jaw area?

Tuigim

Awards
the "sleep dentist" that the sleep center sent me to after the dx has made no mention of anything being structurally abnormal.

deadliftin

Awards
We have found sleep apnea is a symptom of the cause which can be hypothyroid, neurotransmitter, iron and oxygen transport with different forms of anema. Simple losing weight has resulted in decrease of people needing CPAP machines. One needs to look at multiple factors in volved with this sleep disorders. Some times a CPAP machine may be needed in the beginning but over time as the circumfrence of the neck decreases to <17-18 inches the machine can be discontinued.
Where is your position paper on this ? "we " being whom?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Where is your position paper on this ? "we " being whom?
5 years of clinical experience with documented cases with the MD I have been associated is identified as "We".
PM clear

deadliftin

Awards
5 years of clinical experience with documented cases with the MD I have been associated is identified as "We".
PM clear
Associated. Meaning what. A md scribe? His office boy... Physican assistant?
You tout your not an md.. Yet recommend med dosages, routes and treatment regime, If you Not licensed , then that is practicing medicine without legal license. That is against the law,many times you have time and time on the site here giving advice that is clearly medical.
If you are licensed, then. Why are you hiding? Tell us your license and state holding so you can be verified as any member of the public is entitled to do.
If your a med student.. What school? What year?

If you want to compare clinical resume. .. Try 22 years of clinical practice in my health discipline and I can ensure you it isn't a massage therapist or podistrist either.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^^ I'd think with all that education you'd have a better command of the written English language.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You tout your not an md.. Yet recommend med dosages, routes and treatment regime, If you Not licensed , then that is practicing medicine without legal license. That is against the law,many times you have time and time on the site here giving advice that is clearly medical.
If you are licensed, then. Why are you hiding? Tell us your license and state holding so you can be verified as any member of the public is entitled to do.

If you want to compare clinical resume. .. Try 22 years of clinical practice in my health discipline and I can ensure you it isn't a massage therapist or podistrist either.
I am a physician's consultant. I am contracted by medical professionals when they need to do further research on complex medical cases.

I am just sharing my experience with cases I have worked with under an MD supervision. These principles and regimens can be found anywhere online in various forums, and are reported hundred times over. Unfortnately, Dr's do not have time to goto seminars, webinars, research latest trends, or 2-3 conferences and run a full time practice on top.
I am a informational resource tool for Dr's, I provide information (which can be found on line, seminars, journal, other medical professionals I have networked with) to medical professionals to make the best decision for their patients. Dr's refer cases out to me to research deeper. I then present the information to the Dr where we collaborate on the case TOGETHER to come up with the best solution which he prescribes to his patient.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Interesting. Over 3 years membership here on the board and you have decided to post 9 times in one day with an unusual interest in Matrix.

Where did you get your education? What year? Where are you licensed? What is your field of practice?

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
I have never seen Matrix recommend dosages of any drug, act as a MD or do anything illegal. If anything he steers people in the right direction or says you need bloodwork before anything can be recommended by your doctor. If anything Matrix is a huge asset!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have never seen Matrix recommend dosages of any drug, act as a MD or do anything illegal. If anything he steers people in the right direction or says you need bloodwork before anything can be recommended by your doctor. If anything Matrix is a huge asset!
Thanks for the support
I am used to dealing with types of situations. Due to medical professionals in the past I have encounter who would nothing more to see me fry me at the stake like some witch, proper safe guards are put in order to protect from myself by having proper indemnifications in place, fortifying an LCC, ect. I am not here to get into pissing matches of who has more credentials or who has the biggest balls. I am here to provide an inside look to latest techniques and priniciples from an information standpoint I have suggested to Dr's in order provide the best options for each of THEIR patient. When was the last time you heard a dr say "Let me makes some calls to my colleagues I will be glad to look into that for you and get back to you"...Never because they are too busy with their own practice. Dr refer me the case to research. If I do not know the answer, I know medical professionals I have relationships with who do .. I have learned from being in this field allows build bridges never burn them. Silence is golden and People will lie in the bed they make over time by their own actions not mine...What makes a great medical professional is his ability to optimize best resource tools, good office management work flow, and most importantly good bed side manor..I am sure you provided great service to many over the years, I wish you many more years of continued success.:cheers: MAN UP