normal LH and FSH with low test? - AnabolicMinds.com

normal LH and FSH with low test?

1. New Member

normal LH and FSH with low test?

Got my results last week and started on clomid since Friday. I have been on 50 mg everyday. I have had terrible headaches everyday I have taken it. Waiting to hear back from DR. I can't believe that clomid made me feel worse than before. I really hope I find an answer soon. Here are my results:
    LH 8.8 (1.4-9.1)
    FSH 6.3 (1.4-18.1)
    Total test was 171 (300-1080),
    free 43 (low)
    SHGB 14

Any suggestions? Does clomid or hcg really restart things or is it just a bandaid? I am trying to stay positive!

2. Advanced Member

what about estrogen?
  3. Elite Member

Levels like.that there is definitely underlying cause . I.see red.flags.for.insulin.resistan ce and potential.thyroid.issues.or.ev en adrenaline.related..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   

4. New Member

estrogen was high
    thyroid
    insulin in normal ranges?
    I can't keep taking clomid because of the terrible headaches. Will hcg work as well?
  5. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jack2000 View Post
    estrogen was high
    thyroid
    insulin in normal ranges?
    I can't keep taking clomid because of the terrible headaches. Will hcg work as well?
    HCG is not long term. Who every is prescribe this does not have any understanding of the dangerous side effects of clomid as well as the ways to minimize them. Its not the drug which is the issue its the uneducation person giving it to you does not know how to prescribe it properly.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. New Member

Heard from my doc. He wants me to take 2 days off of clomid completely and than start back up taking half the dose (25mg). Does that sound better?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Please post your E2 lab results and ranges.
    Do you have Cortisol and DHEAs lab results?

You have very good LH levels......... Why would you be on CLOMID?
  8. Elite Member

Heard from my doc. He wants me to take 2 days off of clomid completely and than start back up taking half the dose (25mg). Does that sound better?
    Still too much, In these cases I had Dr have their patients take a 2-3 week break then start back 12.5 m,w,f along with providing supporting factors. When trying your approach which, you will be more likely to fail because other factors have not been put into place. You are trying to build a mansion on a crappy foundation. It just does not work and will crumble as many have found out in the past from other Dr's..I have done enough restarts with Drs to know, once they under stand the methodology behind it. They feel like they had a blonde moment. Yes it does take a little extra work and some Drs do not want to do. Instead they feed you a magical pill expecting it to work. Simple principle I use when working with Dr to increase their success rate is "They cannot see the forest for the trees." Musarion [1768], Canto II, translated instead "all you have to do is look under your nose the answer is right there instead of turning it into some medical enigma" The most power tool, a dr has they rarely use.. .Common sense
  9. New Member

I will get my results and post them. Have any of you ever heard of a vasectomy causing low test? My symptoms came on 9 months ago and I had my vasectomy about 9 months ago.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

yes, yes, yes . VASECTOMY!!!!!!!!
  11. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    yes, yes, yes . VASECTOMY!!!!!!!!
    http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=1680.0
  12. New Member

Thank you guys. I got the rest of my labs:
    LH 8.8 (1.5-9.3)
    fsh 6.3 (1.4-18.1)
    prolactin 6.0 (2.1-17.7)
    estradiol 16.4 (10-42)
    ferritin 139 (25-388)
    test 171 (300-1080)
    free test 43 (47-244)
    shgb 14 (11-80)

Only my testosterone and free testosterone were out of range!?!? Why would my doctor want to give me clomid if my LH and FSH are normal, and on the high end? Could my vasectomy really have caused my nuts to shut down so hard and is there anything I can do to fix it? I really appreciate all of your help.
  13. Elite Member

Your T is low because your Dr caused a down regulation to your own LH. Made your self immune to your own LH production (similar to insulin resistance) REAL SMART !! I can see probably about 20 other factors working against you which your Dr probably would not see. Typical Dr's look at things on one plane. I have the ability to see things on 3D plane which gives me an advantage I am looking in the fish bowl while they are only looking out. e2 can not be measured properly on clomid. In your situation, there are more then one way more way to skin a cat..

Thank you guys. I got the rest of my labs:
    LH 8.8 (1.5-9.3)
    fsh 6.3 (1.4-18.1)
    prolactin 6.0 (2.1-17.7)
    estradiol 16.4 (10-42)
    ferritin 139 (25-388)
    test 171 (300-1080)
    free test 43 (47-244)
    shgb 14 (11-80)

Only my testosterone and free testosterone were out of range!?!? Why would my doctor want to give me clomid if my LH and FSH are normal, and on the high end? Could my vasectomy really have caused my nuts to shut down so hard and is there anything I can do to fix it? I really appreciate all of your help.
  14. New Member

These tests were all done before I was on any medication. He put me on clomid AFTER getting the results. I took it for 4 days and then stopped taking it yesterday because of the terrible headaches. All of my thyroid results were normal. After seeing these results, I assume you think clomid was not the best choice? IF I have to start taking testosterone, so be it, I just want to get back to feeling like me again. I feel like a shadow of myself.
  15. New Member

BTW Matrix, I really appreciate you and your help. I see my doctor later this week so I am trying to figure out what I should do next.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

I would get DHEA-S checked, because, it would be easy to fix and low DHEA could cause the same lab results (low FT, TT, E2, high LH, FSH).
  17. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    I would get DHEA-S checked, because, it would be easy to fix and low DHEA could cause the same lab results (low FT, TT, E2, high LH, FSH).
    You need to fix what is causing the low DHEA which is usually linked to an imbalance in the immune system in 90% of the case referred to me by Drs. You still looking at symptoms vs the cause.
  18. New Member

Normal to high normal LH with low T I think indicates you are primary hypogonadic. In other words your testicles aren't producing much testosterone. So HCG or clomid won't help much. In fact I've been on HCG for about a month and have been getting dull headaches. I revisited some old labs from 2 years ago before going on trt and I too had normal LH and low t. Perhaps primaries on HCG/clomid get headaches. I will discontinue hcg for a while and see what happens.
  19. New Member

The standard diagnosis for what you have with normal/high LH/FSH, is Primary Hypodonadism. Your nuts don't work. The pituitary is fine.

So, have them figure out why your nuts aren't producing Testosterone, because your body is sending plenty of LH/FSH to your nuts telling it to do something. They just aren't listening.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Normal test but low LH and FSH.
    By anabolicscuba in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
  2. Help with blood test (high estradiol, normal test)
    By diablosho in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
  3. Test. restuls, low t, normal free T?
    By brianb123 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 06:17 AM