A Little WORRIED about my LIVER :(

jonko

Awards
I tend to obsess over my health. Iv convinced myself that I have cirrhosis.
I used to indulge in alcohol.
A few years ago I had an ultrasound which showed moderate fatty liver with mild enlargement. Bloods were all normal
That scared me so I stopped drinking altogether.
Last year I had another ultrasound which was normal other then very mild fatty liver with no enlargement.

Ever since that liver "scare" I have always been examining myself for signs of liver failure.
I do seem to have a few spider nevi (I think) on my upper chest and arms. Im not really sure, they are tiny red spots that are raised. I don't see capillarys or legs extending from a raised center, but they are small and its hard to see. They look more like tiny mosquito bites.
My face is always red and is my neckline like a permanent sunburn.
My palms look red to me at times I seem to have pale fingernails. But admittedly my fingernails have been pale all my life since I was a child, and so have my dads.
Lastly, I have been on a diet and just dropped a ton of weight doing a paleo style diet. I am starting to see some visible abdominal veins (I read distended abdominal veins are a sign of portal hypertension). I realize a lot of this is my own nerosis and hypochondria.

Now on the flip side: I have been on T replacement for over a year and have been having issues with E2. I read that the reason people with liver disease get these spider veins and red palms etc is due to the livers inability to remove estrogens from the blood.
So can the same be said for guys on testosterone who are converting too much to estrogen? Iv never heard of people on these boards complaining of skin changes due to high E2 though.

On a positive note: in the last 18 months of testosterone treatment I have been having blood tests almost monthly because we can't seem to dial it in. Included in all those blood tests are my liver function tests. Liver functions have always been normal with the exception of one time bilirubin was 1.3 (normal is under 1.1)

Last test
AST 35
ALT 36
Albumin 4.5
Bilirubin .08
Total T 1050
E2 95

I WAS feeling good about those numbers, doctor says liver is fine when I get blood results.
Then I read somewhere online that you could be in end stage liver failure and have normal LFTs :(
WTF!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yep that is true, but only occurs in most likely in elderly people ..people read too much make them.selves sicker ..

jonko

Awards
Yep that is true, but only occurs in most likely in elderly people ..people read too much make them.selves sicker ..
Im 47. At one time I thought anyone over 40 was elderly :)

Google is the devil