Would Friday lab tests be bad timing?

peabody

Awards
I'm due to get E2 tested at Labcorp, and I'd like to go in Friday morning to have the blood drawn. But that would mean the blood sample would be sent to Dallas Friday night, and I don't know if the tests would be done normally, or not until Monday. Does anyone have an opinion about this?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm due to get E2 tested at Labcorp, and I'd like to go in Friday morning to have the blood drawn. But that would mean the blood sample would be sent to Dallas Friday night, and I don't know if the tests would be done normally, or not until Monday. Does anyone have an opinion about this?
It freezed so it would not matter. I am no longer recommending people to lab corp just for e2 testing due to constant erraneous results which when compared to quest test coincide with symptoms.

When you have a guy 6 on 3-70 e2 senitv eand has estrogen imbalance not knowing it high or low then trying to boost his e2 past on lab testing. Symptoms are not getting any better even worse. Later you find out it was actually an e2 of 40 with proper lab testing from quest. Just think what other men are going through. This guy was going to lab corp for years getting consistant low readings, been to urologist, endos, and finally found his way to our door when I finally figured it out. He just started on an AI few days a go and doing much better....

peabody

Awards
I'm doing the Labcorp regular test, the 7.6 - 42.6. It's the one I've done for several years. The last two tests have been a bit lower than before - as low as 15, down from about 25, on the same dose of arimidex. So I was going to try the sensitive test, but it appears to produce invalid low results, as you described. So for now I going to stick with the standard test. I have no access to Quest tests.

I did find a page on the Labcorp site that says the sample is refrigerated, but is stable for 14 days. So it looks like Friday testing will be ok.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That test is still 10-15 points on the lower end of what it really is. Stick with the 7.6-42 test its way more accurate then the 3-70 test.