Question on some symptoms

codered5

Awards
So I have been changing my diet up lately in order to feel better and become more healthy. I am basically starting to go about 80% paleo, and have eliminated all processed wheat, sugars, etc. However, I do have some questions that have been bothering me. I thought a lot of my issues were due to caffeine so i stopped caffeine for 3 weeks and felt like a brand new person. However, if i DO have caffeine, even in tiny amounts, like a 4 oz cup of coffee with 50 mg in it, I can tell for days that I have had it. Like if I had it at 8 am, I will have trouble sleeping that night and I will wake up with a pounding heartbeat that I can feel which generally doesn't go away until the afternoon. Same thing with alcohol, if I go out for a night on the town with the boys I typically have a two day hangover...the second day isn't so bad but its just my heart rate is elevated all day and I feel uncomfortable. I have gone on/off caffeine and alcohol multiple times and felt great, but it seems like even one instance of consuming these messes me up... does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this? I mean it's no biggie for the caffeine, but I would like to be able to drink with my friends sometime.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So I have been changing my diet up lately in order to feel better and become more healthy. I am basically starting to go about 80% paleo, and have eliminated all processed wheat, sugars, etc. However, I do have some questions that have been bothering me. I thought a lot of my issues were due to caffeine so i stopped caffeine for 3 weeks and felt like a brand new person. However, if i DO have caffeine, even in tiny amounts, like a 4 oz cup of coffee with 50 mg in it, I can tell for days that I have had it. Like if I had it at 8 am, I will have trouble sleeping that night and I will wake up with a pounding heartbeat that I can feel which generally doesn't go away until the afternoon. Same thing with alcohol, if I go out for a night on the town with the boys I typically have a two day hangover...the second day isn't so bad but its just my heart rate is elevated all day and I feel uncomfortable. I have gone on/off caffeine and alcohol multiple times and felt great, but it seems like even one instance of consuming these messes me up... does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this? I mean it's no biggie for the caffeine, but I would like to be able to drink with my friends sometime.
Caffeine depending on how the liver clears it can cause problems by increasing estrogens, irritating the GI lining, and also altering neurotransmitter function. Having a great diet is one thing absorbing , assimilating, and eliminating properly is a whole other story.

codered5

Awards
Matrix where are you located and do you have anyone near the central Ohio area?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix where are you located and do you have anyone near the central Ohio area?
No one in ohio unfortunately or near by...

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ohio is waaaay behind in the HRT dept

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Its.not about just hrt. its about a person.total.wellness not.just addressing one aspect.of.it. As i.am.finding adjusting hormones is down the cascade addressing lifestyles.and.finding.out.why is.top.of the chain then modalities.can be added to help bridge.to.help.relieve symptoms till further.exploration is down. If levels are low making that person feel.good is important. One should not stop there, but loom.for.reason to why he's needs it in.the.first.place. After identifying and.removing the cause then one tries to get them going on their own. Address the issue support the symptoms till body rebalances.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its.not about just hrt. its about a person.total.wellness not.just addressing one aspect.of.it. As i.am.finding adjusting hormones is down the cascade addressing lifestyles.and.finding.out.why is.top.of the chain then modalities.can be added to help bridge.to.help.relieve symptoms till further.exploration is down. If levels are low making that person feel.good is important. One should not stop there, but loom.for.reason to why he's needs it in.the.first.place. After identifying and.removing the cause then one tries to get them going on their own. Address the issue support the symptoms till body rebalances.
What ya think about visting Dr.Crisler worth the trip?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What ya think about visting Dr.Crisler worth the trip?

if.hormones is.what.you wanting then he is.goodt. As.mentioned.there are more.to.picture then.just hormones.for.optimal.health. They are a small.piece of.the puzzle.people.are finding out.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if.hormones is.what.you wanting then he is.goodt. As.mentioned.there are more.to.picture then.just hormones.for.optimal.health. They are a small.piece of.the puzzle.people.are finding out.
He isn't the kind of doc that will dig to find the root cause?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
He isn't the kind of doc that will dig to find the root cause?

With.many.hrt dr your hormones are.low then get addressed. Rather then.why are.your.hormones low could.it.be from.environment, emotional stress , biological,or structural..as.well.as.lifestyles.. When did a Dr ask.you give a 3 day food diary, or ask you.tell.me about.your.current relationship, or past.jobs. One guy low t i found out worked in nyc As a truck.mechanic. Found high.levels of.xylene which is from.petrofuels over loaded in.system. Drs what him on hrt right away. Once cleared his system of the xylene by boosting phase 1 and 2 of.liver 6 months later ttestosterone is in the 600 and down.30 lbs in the process. Its all.about immune system and.controlling inflammation and.rebalance the proper system.

hitest

Awards
I have similar responses to coffee even when I was young and healthy. A cup of coffee would take 2 to 4 days to clear. I also feel the effects of alcohol longer - usually more fatigue - so I don't drink very much. The funny thing is that having more coffee didn't really have any additional effect. One night in college I had 24 cups of coffee and it did not make it any worse. So a few times I used to have coffee for a couple of weeks and then stop again. I haven't had coffee for 30 years now.