Test peak and trough question...

lboston

lboston

Awards
Hope all who read this are doing well as we approach the Christmas holiday.

I was prescribed 200mg test cyp eow at 1cc from a urologist I was referred too. I have since split that to 100mg every week at .5cc ad many of you recommended.

However, the doc had ordered blood test to look at test peak and trough with the two days after injection and two days prior to.

Will there be a noticeable difference in the labs, to the doc, since I went away from what he suggested at the 200mg eow?

Can anyone give me an idea of what those labs would probably look like? I was at 193 ng/dl TT prior to starting injections around thanksgiving.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I was just put on the same treatment. I decided to split it as well but im doing 50mg twice a week. From what I have read, I think it will result in a lower peak but higher low level if that makes sense. The reasoning is to provide a more stable level. I would like some clarification on this as well. My Dr. wants more bloodwork after the 4th shot (or 8 weeks since im splitting).

MarkLA

Awards
T Cyp has a half life of about 1 week. Injecting once a week, the peak-trough will be fairly dramatic. Peak to trough is going to be about 50%. i.e. if peak was 1000, trough would be 500.

However, you're not measuring at the right time to gauge it correctly. Trough is easy, right before your injection. Peak is harder. It could be hours or 1 day after a shot. To my knowledge, it wouldn't be two days.

Going twice per week would help to even out the peak-trough. The peak would be lower and the trough higher.

YMMV

lboston

lboston

Awards
T Cyp has a half life of about 1 week. Injecting once a week, the peak-trough will be fairly dramatic. Peak to trough is going to be about 50%. i.e. if peak was 1000, trough would be 500.

However, you're not measuring at the right time to gauge it correctly. Trough is easy, right before your injection. Peak is harder. It could be hours or 1 day after a shot. To my knowledge, it wouldn't be two days.

Going twice per week would help to even out the peak-trough. The peak would be lower and the trough higher.

YMMV
Thanks. I appreciate it....I can notice a huge difference doing it once a week compared to what I felt like on the docs initial recommendation of 200mg EOW.
Why do the docs like to look at peak and trough through labs--to see if anything needs adjusting?

lboston

lboston

Awards
I was just put on the same treatment. I decided to split it as well but im doing 50mg twice a week. From what I have read, I think it will result in a lower peak but higher low level if that makes sense. The reasoning is to provide a more stable level. I would like some clarification on this as well. My Dr. wants more bloodwork after the 4th shot (or 8 weeks since im splitting).
What was your levels like before TRT. Are you noticing anything as of yet?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please reference other thread which I covered this topic in.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I was tested at 85 total last week. I took my first shot of 50mgs 3 days ago. I haven't noticed much, except less stress from knowing that I'm going to be treated maybe, and I did feel better working out yesterday. I don't get my follow up blood work for 8 weeks. Here is my thread , where Matrix answered a lot of questions you may end up having: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/188836-bloodwork-low-test.html

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I was tested at 85 total last week. I took my first shot of 50mgs 3 days ago. I haven't noticed much, except less stress from knowing that I'm going to be treated maybe, and I did feel better working out yesterday. I don't get my follow up blood work for 8 weeks. Here is my thread , where Matrix answered a lot of questions you may end up having: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/188836-bloodwork-low-test.html
Too.long to wait
get it checked after 3-4 weeks after the change. If he won't do it checked it on your own. Pm.for.details