TRT and back/shoulder acne.

ntense

Awards
I am 38 and I have been on test cyp for over a year now. My initial test levels were 250. My doctor started me at 2cc's every other week for about six months getting blood work done every month for the first few months. She backed me down to 1cc every other week when I started to break out with cystic acne and my test levels were in the 900 range. Since then my levels have dropped to 550 and the acne cleared up until about two months ago. The acne is back AND my levels have dropped some. She wants to run more blood work in another month, should I ask about estrogen levels or is there something else I need to ask about?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am 38 and I have been on test cyp for over a year now. My initial test levels were 250. My doctor started me at 2cc's every other week for about six months getting blood work done every month for the first few months. She backed me down to 1cc every other week when I started to break out with cystic acne and my test levels were in the 900 range. Since then my levels have dropped to 550 and the acne cleared up until about two months ago. The acne is back AND my levels have dropped some. She wants to run more blood work in another month, should I ask about estrogen levels or is there something else I need to ask about?
As noted here people are getting better results with 2 times a week injection of 50-70 mgs IM. I would check estrodial senstive essay (7.6-42) lab corp or quest estradial 4021. There could be other issues which may be going on which are unrelated to HRT.

ntense

Awards
Twice a week with cypionate? That's interesting since the half life is supposed to be eight days. Curious what the benefit to twice a week would be.
Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Twice a week with cypionate? That's interesting since the half life is supposed to be eight days. Curious what the benefit to twice a week would be.
Thanks.
PeaK after 200 mgs per shot 2 days later would be 1800 nd/dl
14 days later you are at 300-400 ng/dl total testosterone

you are going from a peak of 1800-400 which is huge rollercoster ride of TT and e2
2 times a week peak would be 1200 before injection you be 900 TT

1800-400
1200-900

you do the math? Which one has more stable serum levels ?

ntense

Awards
Yes sir, I see your logic and it makes sense. Might help with the crash toward the end of each week. Maybe that will settle the acne down too.
Thank you.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir, I see your logic and it makes sense. Might help with the crash toward the end of each week. Maybe that will settle the acne down too.
Thank you.
Check DHT levels and e2. If one both are high this has been a common sequence I see in Dr's patients.

ntense

Awards
Okay, I'm gonna split my dosages to 50mg 2x /week and when its time for my blood work next month, ask my doctor to check my DHT and estrogen levels also, right? Sorry to ask such basic questions but it's hard to find this kind of in depth info in layman's terms so to speak.
Thank you.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I try to.keep.it as simple as possible.for.people.to.understand .