Unexplained Dizziness/Medical enigma

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Exclamation Unexplained Dizziness/Medical enigma


    Back in early September I came down with what appeared to be a cold/flu.

    My symptoms were fatigue and dizziness and just felt all around weak & sick.

    Went to my general Dr and he prescribed Augmentin for 10 days and after several days a Z-pak as well as the Augmentin which both didnít seem to be effective.

    After those medications had no effect he order a sinus X-Ray which came back clear then sent me to an ENT who diagnosed it as an inner ear infection, vestibular. The ENT prescribed a 6 day prednisone taper and Lorezapam.

    My symptoms seemed to improve fairly well on the prednisone but then they came back about a week or 2 later. It was a sudden onset.

    I went back to the ENT and he didnít think another round of prednisone would help and said to try prozac to calm in inner ear nerve & meclizine. Also, ordered a CT scan of the sinus which came back clear. He said if symptoms didnít improve to see a neurologist.

    Symptoms didnít improve so I went to the neuro who questioned the Prozac (as well as myself) The Neuro did an initial exam and couldnít find anything and advised to seek a 2nd opinion from another ENT.

    In the mean time the neurologist ordered blood work, chest X-Ray and an MRI & MRA w & w/o contrast brain scan which all came back clear.

    Went to another ENT for a 2nd opinion who viewed the CT scan and said he thought it was Neurological as a possible A-Typical migraine or Allergies,

    I seen an allergist who ruled out anything allergy related.

    Back to the Neuro and she didnít think it was migraine related because the dizziness is constant, but prescribed a migraine medication to see if any improvement. Took it for one day and woke up feeling horrible/worse so I stopped it.

    In early Nov I tried another round of prednisone but this time for 10 days rather than 6 at a higher dose of 5mg. That seemed to have worked temp but now I feel the dizziness coming back, however not as bad but itís still very apparent.

    Also, I have seen a cardiologist who did a stress test EKG, Tilt table and heart sonogram which all came back fine.

    What tends to make the dizziness/fatigue worse is working out or anything that involves concentrating or problem solving. My ears/sinus currently feels pressured.

    The meds I have been on and tried are:

    Agumention, lorezapam, meclizine, prozac, z-pak, prednisone, musinex d. allergra d, omaris, ambien, fluticasone prop, amtriptyline hcl, qvar 80 mcg administered in the nose as well as a sinus saline bottle blaster thing 2x/day.

    Drís that I have seen are:

    Internist (my general MD), Neuro, 2 ENTís, Allergist, & Cardiologist.

    Currently taking:

    Ĺ cc test cyp/week and have for yrs, kolonopin, Omnaris, doxy, multivitamin(recently started aprox month ago), 50mg of Zinc/day & sinus saline bottle blaster thing 2x/day.

    Also, Iíve had no changes in diet.

    Iím at a total loss here and think I have run out of Drís, anyone have any ideas as to what this could be or somewhere I could go or post this that deals with complex/difficult cases?

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Back in early September I came down with what appeared to be a cold/flu.

    My symptoms were fatigue and dizziness and just felt all around weak & sick.

    Went to my general Dr and he prescribed Augmentin for 10 days and after several days a Z-pak as well as the Augmentin which both didn’t seem to be effective.

    After those medications had no effect he order a sinus X-Ray which came back clear then sent me to an ENT who diagnosed it as an inner ear infection, vestibular. The ENT prescribed a 6 day prednisone taper and Lorezapam.

    My symptoms seemed to improve fairly well on the prednisone but then they came back about a week or 2 later. It was a sudden onset.

    I went back to the ENT and he didn’t think another round of prednisone would help and said to try prozac to calm in inner ear nerve & meclizine. Also, ordered a CT scan of the sinus which came back clear. He said if symptoms didn’t improve to see a neurologist.

    Symptoms didn’t improve so I went to the neuro who questioned the Prozac (as well as myself) The Neuro did an initial exam and couldn’t find anything and advised to seek a 2nd opinion from another ENT.

    In the mean time the neurologist ordered blood work, chest X-Ray and an MRI & MRA w & w/o contrast brain scan which all came back clear.

    Went to another ENT for a 2nd opinion who viewed the CT scan and said he thought it was Neurological as a possible A-Typical migraine or Allergies,

    I seen an allergist who ruled out anything allergy related.

    Back to the Neuro and she didn’t think it was migraine related because the dizziness is constant, but prescribed a migraine medication to see if any improvement. Took it for one day and woke up feeling horrible/worse so I stopped it.

    In early Nov I tried another round of prednisone but this time for 10 days rather than 6 at a higher dose of 5mg. That seemed to have worked temp but now I feel the dizziness coming back, however not as bad but it’s still very apparent.

    Also, I have seen a cardiologist who did a stress test EKG, Tilt table and heart sonogram which all came back fine.

    What tends to make the dizziness/fatigue worse is working out or anything that involves concentrating or problem solving. My ears/sinus currently feels pressured.

    The meds I have been on and tried are:

    Agumention, lorezapam, meclizine, prozac, z-pak, prednisone, musinex d. allergra d, omaris, ambien, fluticasone prop, amtriptyline hcl, qvar 80 mcg administered in the nose as well as a sinus saline bottle blaster thing 2x/day.

    Dr’s that I have seen are:

    Internist (my general MD), Neuro, 2 ENT’s, Allergist, & Cardiologist.

    Currently taking:

    Ĺ cc test cyp/week and have for yrs, kolonopin, Omnaris, doxy, multivitamin(recently started aprox month ago), 50mg of Zinc/day & sinus saline bottle blaster thing 2x/day.

    Also, I’ve had no changes in diet.

    I’m at a total loss here and think I have run out of Dr’s, anyone have any ideas as to what this could be or somewhere I could go or post this that deals with complex/difficult cases?
    Your Gi tract is out of balance which is causing a whole cascade of issues, Again you need to look at the pathology of the problems from the start. Cases like these are not complex, Dr are micomanaging things rather then looking at the over all picture. Again throwing the crap against the wall and seeing what sticks in not the way to handle a complex issues. Yes it takes time to do a little "Work" which Dr's do not want to take the time to do in challenging cases.

    Need to identify the hidden imbalances in psyshological, biological, lifestyles, environmental, as well as structure aspect of the person. I have worked on ton of these cases and when it is all broken down to the smallest part the dots will be easily connected. Proper evaluations of neurological, immune and endocrine system would be first places I suggest to the Dr's I work with start.

    Fix the GI tract amazingly peoples depression, mood, clarity, change literally with in weeks.
    Where are many of your neurotransmitters and immune factors produced ? THE GUT... DING DING
    You are one toxic individual which is being pumped full of drugs to treat symptoms not the root cause..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Your Gi tract is out of balance which is causing a whole cascade of issues, Again you need to look at the pathology of the problems from the start. Cases like these are not complex, Dr are micomanaging things rather then looking at the over all picture. Again throwing the crap against the wall and seeing what sticks in not the way to handle a complex issues. Yes it takes time to do a little "Work" which Dr's do not want to take the time to do in challenging cases.

    Need to identify the hidden imbalances in psyshological, biological, lifestyles, environmental, as well as structure aspect of the person. I have worked on ton of these cases and when it is all broken down to the smallest part the dots will be easily connected. Proper evaluations of neurological, immune and endocrine system would be first places I suggest to the Dr's I work with start.

    Fix the GI tract amazingly peoples depression, mood, clarity, change literally with in weeks.
    Where are many of your neurotransmitters and immune factors produced ? THE GUT... DING DING
    You are one toxic individual which is being pumped full of drugs to treat symptoms not the root cause..
    Sorry for the ignorance but how/where do I go about getting this done/looked at?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Sorry for the ignorance but how/where do I go about getting this done/looked at?
    Where are you located at? Majority of cases I deal with Drs are from people who have been to 20 or different specialist with no resolution. Basically its from people that have slipped through medical cracks which is a lot of people. Common cases I deal with are chronic fatigue, depression, and other hormonally related issue.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Where are you located at? Majority of cases I deal with Drs are from people who have been to 20 or different specialist with no resolution. Basically its from people that have slipped through medical cracks which is a lot of people. Common cases I deal with are chronic fatigue, depression, and other hormonally related issue.
    Im in Tampa, FL - This is more so Dizziness. All the specialist say the same thing "your symptoms are Non-Specific" It feels as though my ears are clogged/pressured. But the ENT's say there is nothing wrong there.....
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Im in Tampa, FL - This is more so Dizziness. All the specialist say the same thing "your symptoms are Non-Specific" It feels as though my ears are clogged/pressured. But the ENT's say there is nothing wrong there.....
    Yep and they never looked at your aldosterone or renin levels.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12136909

    Taking antidepressants can strain your adrenal glads which can alter its hormones such as cortisol levels. As time goes on cortisol, dhea and then aldosterone get depleted. Again goes back to the root cause of the problem which is an underlying stressor to the body. This is why my freinds call me "House". Crap load of medical professionals never looked into something so trivial? It also can be side effect from meds you are taking
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Yep and they never looked at your aldosterone or renin levels.

    Taking antidepressants can strain your adrenal glads which can alter its hormones such as cortisol levels. As time goes on cortisol, dhea and then aldosterone get depleted. Again goes back to the root cause of the problem which is an underlying stressor to the body. This is why my freinds call me "House". Crap load of medical professionals never looked into something so trivial? It also can be side effect from meds you are taking
    What would explain the prednisone temp "fixing" the issue...

    Also, would I ask my MD to run these test and if so is this just adding medication or stopping the kolonipin?
  8. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    What would explain the prednisone temp "fixing" the issue...

    Also, would I ask my MD to run these test and if so is this just adding medication or stopping the kolonipin?
    Prolong use of predisone with deplete dhea and aldosterone..
    It tells me that you have sub clinical adrenal insufficency which may be from some kind of under lying impact on the immune system from inflammation
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Prolong use of predisone with deplete dhea and aldosterone..
    It tells me that you have sub clinical adrenal insufficency which may be from some kind of under lying impact on the immune system from inflammation
    To confirm and treat this whould I go to my MD ask him to run test or?
  10. New Member
    Chris98vobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    48
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    54.26%

    Is your dizziness just fairly light or is it all out vertigo?

    I have BPPV from an accident but it can be caused by viruses also. It won't let me post a link because I am new but you can Google BPPV and find a lot about it. Mine tends to flair up when allergies are high or if for some reason my inner ear has extra fluid. However, even when not really bad, I can feel a general dizziness if I try to sleep on my right side or move my head too rapidly. I have to be careful with bench presses.

    I have recently been taking hydrocordisone to increase my cortisol levels. Cortisol, when low, can put your immune system in high gear, which can cause interesting allergy-type reactions. I have found that my dizziness has decreased some when on this. I speculate it is because my inner ear fluid is reduced. My ENT had me on a diuretic that focused on the inner ear and that really helped. Keep in mind that that there is very little blood in the inner ear area so any inflammation can take a very long time to go away.

    This all may tie together for you and your issues. Adrenal fatigue seems like a possible issue.

    If it seems like you have fluid in your inner ear then reducing that will certainly help your situation.
  11. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris98vobra View Post
    Is your dizziness just fairly light or is it all out vertigo?

    I have BPPV from an accident but it can be caused by viruses also. It won't let me post a link because I am new but you can Google BPPV and find a lot about it. Mine tends to flair up when allergies are high or if for some reason my inner ear has extra fluid. However, even when not really bad, I can feel a general dizziness if I try to sleep on my right side or move my head too rapidly. I have to be careful with bench presses.

    I have recently been taking hydrocordisone to increase my cortisol levels. Cortisol, when low, can put your immune system in high gear, which can cause interesting allergy-type reactions. I have found that my dizziness has decreased some when on this. I speculate it is because my inner ear fluid is reduced. My ENT had me on a diuretic that focused on the inner ear and that really helped. Keep in mind that that there is very little blood in the inner ear area so any inflammation can take a very long time to go away.

    This all may tie together for you and your issues. Adrenal fatigue seems like a possible issue.

    If it seems like you have fluid in your inner ear then reducing that will certainly help your situation.
    I'm convinced it's something with my inner ear. They ruled out vertigo as mecalizine was not effective nor was Ativan.

    It's a constant dizziness/fatigue with sinus pressure and feels as though my ears need to pop as well as if there is fluid. When I do the sinus blaster thing and blow my nose. It's like world war 3 in my ears.

    The only thing that appears to work is prednisone. But then it comes back.

    What's meds have been successful for you & How were you diagnosed?

    All my MRI & CT scans came back clear. I've had an insane amount of test & none have shown anything abnormal.
  12. New Member
    Chris98vobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    48
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    54.26%

    Mine was diagnosed by head movement. I had vertigo at the time and the ENT was able to bring it on. He shared with me how little they really know about the inner ear because it is totally sealed so they can only look at cadavers. If they open up a live person's then it destroys the hearing. Fluid build up can absolutely cause dizziness. I am on nothing now except when it flairs up I take that diuretic for a few days. I am travelling at the moment so can't give you the name. Any will work but the one I was one "preserves" potassium and targets the inner ear (so I was told). But when out I have taken others and it has worked as well. I also take an antihistamine when it flairs up.
  13. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris98vobra
    Mine was diagnosed by head movement. I had vertigo at the time and the ENT was able to bring it on. He shared with me how little they really know about the inner ear because it is totally sealed so they can only look at cadavers. If they open up a live person's then it destroys the hearing. Fluid build up can absolutely cause dizziness. I am on nothing now except when it flairs up I take that diuretic for a few days. I am travelling at the moment so can't give you the name. Any will work but the one I was one "preserves" potassium and targets the inner ear (so I was told). But when out I have taken others and it has worked as well. I also take an antihistamine when it flairs up.
    What type of Antihistamine do you take & where can I get a diuretic to try?

    I'm at a loss with whatever this is. At this point I'd eat saw dust if I thought it would work!!
  14. New Member
    Chris98vobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    48
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    54.26%

    I just use a generic antihistamine from Walgreens that is really Benadryl, I think. Again, any diuretic will do but I can get back to you in a couple of days with the name of the one I take. My last order was from overseas and it was very cheap. I only take it when I feel a problem coming on. Maybe once every 3-6 months. The diuretic does more than the antihistamine but I use both. Also, don't forget to have your adrenals checked. That may be the root issue.
  15. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris98vobra View Post
    I just use a generic antihistamine from Walgreens that is really Benadryl, I think. Again, any diuretic will do but I can get back to you in a couple of days with the name of the one I take. My last order was from overseas and it was very cheap. I only take it when I feel a problem coming on. Maybe once every 3-6 months. The diuretic does more than the antihistamine but I use both. Also, don't forget to have your adrenals checked. That may be the root issue.
    Again going.back to.root cause which be most likely the adrenals which has i provided medical.research to back.it.up.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  16. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Again going.back to.root cause which be most likely the adrenals which has i provided medical.research to back.it.up.
    Matrix - can you provide some direction as to how I can get tested for this - is this something I ask my general MD to do or?
  17. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Matrix - can you provide some direction as to how I can get tested for this - is this something I ask my general MD to do or?
    Md do.not believe in these test unless.there.open minded. I.will.touch base. I am.exhausted.from working with a ton.of.patients today and.going non.stop.for 14 hours..
    Time.to.give my.mind a rest.for.the night.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Md do.not believe in these test unless.there.open minded. I.will.touch base. I am.exhausted.from seeing a ton.of.patients today and.going non.stop.for 14 hours..
    Time.to.give my.mind a rest.for.the night.
    Ok, Please do when you can as this is getting worse - I'm stongly considering going to the walk in clinic to get some prednisone for temp relife...or back to the ENT or soemthing...this sucks!!!!
  19. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Fix why you.need.more cortisol.then.issue will.be resolveed predisone is.bandaid.effect way it never holds.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  20. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    What do I take to resolve the issue, hydrocordisone?
  21. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    What do I take to resolve the issue?
    As with any case I have worked on, there needs to be detailed medical information, as well as other factors which need to be furthered explore. Due to privacy issue I would not post personal information on line. I have heard instances it can come back to haunt you. One can not evaluated a complex medical issue via back and forth correspondence via forums it just does not work, but rather by detailed evalution. Would a health professional evaluate some via email to get best results ? As a physcian consultant. I people are referred to me by other medical professionals consult with me through there currrent open minded medical professionals, or I will just provide educational information and make recommendation which may help with issues person may be dealing with (similar to what a naturopathic dr does). Since I am not a Dr I never precribe anything, but only give suggestion or recommendation based on 5 years of medical experience under MD's supervision.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  22. New Member
    Chris98vobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    48
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    54.26%

    I am back in town and can give you the name of the diuretic. It is Triamterene. I recently bought some off-shore called Ditide - It is potassium sparing diuretic.

    Good luck and do get those blood tests for your adrenals.
  23. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Blood test are space and time does.not give you the overall.picture .. Can not takes blood test while on predisone. Waste of time and blood .
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  24. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris98vobra View Post
    I am back in town and can give you the name of the diuretic. It is Triamterene. I recently bought some off-shore called Ditide - It is potassium sparing diuretic.

    Good luck and do get those blood tests for your adrenals.
    Oh thats a script? I bought one today that was over the counter as well as some Allegra D 24hr. Seems to be working a lil. Until I can figure out a way to get Adrenals tested.
  25. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Blood test are space and time does.not give you the overall.picture .. Can not takes blood test while on predisone. Waste of time and blood .
    I have been off prednisone for about a month now - is that enough time?
  26. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    21 days is usual enough for adrenal assessment, lab corp has 4 point saliva cortisol saliva test
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  27. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    21 days is usual enough for adrenal assessment, lab corp has 4 point saliva cortisol saliva test
    So I went to the ENT today - basically he said I have dried myself out with all the "self treatment" I have attempted. He did agree it could be cortisol and wrote me a script to have it tested.

    Also, I got a script for prednisone today (10mg 12 day taper) which I haven't taken any of yet.

    Would there be any adverse effects if I was to take the prednisone and then get the cortisol test about a month after I finish.

    Lab corp doesn't have any recent appointments avail and I would like to alleviate the dizziness etc.
  28. New Member
    charley's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    65
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    190
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    67.17%

    ...........this is just a thought......could it be subcutaneous oil glands, that swell up and effect the inner ear?....the swelling, do to HRT...maybe the test levels are high like when you were a young man...a feeling similar to a clogged ear.....it begins to happen 4 or 5 weeks after beginning the use of test.....

    ..I get this response from time to time.....it is a drag not being able to function normally.....
  29. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    So I went to the ENT today - basically he said I have dried myself out with all the "self treatment" I have attempted. He did agree it could be cortisol and wrote me a script to have it tested.

    Also, I got a script for prednisone today (10mg 12 day taper) which I haven't taken any of yet.

    Would there be any adverse effects if I was to take the prednisone and then get the cortisol test about a month after I finish.

    Lab corp doesn't have any recent appointments avail and I would like to alleviate the dizziness etc.
    When you are constantly blasting your body with predisone you are causing more imbalances to compromised immune system. You are going to get caught into a vicious cycle which needs to be broken other wise you are going to have major reprocussions on your health. I have people who ended up diabetes, low T, and having major nutrient imbalance from prolong use of predisione.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  30. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    When you are constantly blasting your body with predisone you are causing more imbalances to compromised immune system. You are going to get caught into a vicious cycle which needs to be broken other wise you are going to have major reprocussions on your health. I have people who ended up diabetes, low T, and having major nutrient imbalance from prolong use of predisione.
    I was on a 4mg 6 day taper in early sept then a 5mg 10 day taper in early nov - now am doing the 10mg 12 day taper which will be the last.

    Would this be considered a high dose and prolonged use?

    I'm done with it after this and will get the root problem addressed via the 4 point cortisol test.

    In the meantime I am kind of up against the wall to do this....
  31. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    I was on a 4mg 6 day taper in early sept then a 5mg 10 day taper in early nov - now am doing the 10mg 12 day taper which will be the last.

    Would this be considered a high dose and prolonged use?

    I'm done with it after this and will get the root problem addressed via the 4 point cortisol test.

    In the meantime I am kind of up against the wall to do this....
    With out going into the pathology of things, do what you have to do know then get to the root issue.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  32. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    With out going into the pathology of things, do what you have to do know then get to the root issue.
    One last thing that just came to mind.

    In mid 2010 I did a course of Accutane - could this be a contributing factor to any of this?
  33. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Well, I had the cortisol and aldosterone tested and both came back as normal. Also, I have went to the Mayo Clinic to no avail and another Neuro who tried meds for an A Typical Migrane which hasnt worked.

    Anyone have any other ideas as to what this may be?
  34. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Well, I had the cortisol and aldosterone tested and both came back as normal. Also, I have went to the Mayo Clinic to no avail and another Neuro who tried meds for an A Typical Migrane which hasnt worked.

    Anyone have any other ideas as to what this may be?
    Typical cases I deal with are from mayoclinic and other top facilities as they look at black and white not the gray areas which tend to fall on my lap. I need to see complete lab work, and whole plethora of information to know where to even begin.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  35. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix
    Typical cases I deal with are from mayoclinic and other top facilities as they look at black and white not the gray areas which tend to fall on my lap. I need to see complete lab work, and whole plethora of information to know where to even begin.
    I'm working with the head of medicine at FSU now and he's running test for specific std's which I KNOW will come back fine. He mentioned checking for lime disease & hep c also.

    All these damn test for months now and nothing at all to show for it is quite discouraging. I think I may just be a hopeless case at this point. urghhh!!!
  36. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    I'm working with the head of medicine at FSU now and he's running test for specific std's which I KNOW will come back fine. He mentioned checking for lime disease & hep c also.

    All these damn test for months now and nothing at all to show for it is quite discouraging. I think I may just be a hopeless case at this point. urghhh!!!
    Nope your typical case I am used to. I always love a challenge and open minded Dr always helps...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  37. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    Nope your typical case I am used to. I always love a challenge and open minded Dr always helps...
    I don't know about typical lol but I am spent physically, financially and emotionally.

    Actually had one Dr suggest it was psychological - he didn't know how to respond when I asked why the prednisone worked. It's def not psychological and I will argue that to no end. That's a bs attempt to get rid of me.
  38. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    I don't know about typical lol but I am spent physically, financially and emotionally.

    Actually had one Dr suggest it was psychological - he didn't know how to respond when I asked why the prednisone worked. It's def not psychological and I will argue that to no end. That's a bs attempt to get rid of me.
    Duh it.reduces inflammation lol which means.you.are.inflamed...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  39. New Member
    Jason12676's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix
    Duh it.reduces inflammation lol which means.you.are.inflamed...
    Agreed - just not sure what & I can't believe all these Dr's can't figure it out. Total discouragement.
  40. New Member
    funick972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    93
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    88.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
    Agreed - just not sure what & I can't believe all these Dr's can't figure it out. Total discouragement.
    Jason you were in the matrix world.Its time to swallow the pill and follow the rabbit.Conventional medicine is a great bull**** only designed to make profit and serve pharmaceutical cartel.Fake studies,fakes school program,lies on everything.Medical doctors are totally illetrate about real science,real medicine,.There just trained to label sympoms as diseases and prescribe drugs.

    But there is a solution:real science.Functional medicine is the way to go, and this is what the matrix practises.

    google functional medicine.

    Seems like you have gut imbalances affecting your immune system and your brain.I higly suspect candida infection.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. crazy unexplained diaherra?
    By JayRock in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 12:37 AM
  2. Dizziness after squats
    By xcfhx6604 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
  3. unexplained weight loss..
    By nephilim666 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 10:50 AM
  4. UNEXPLAINED Weight gain. Someone please help.
    By FullyBuilt in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
  5. Unexplained prob w/ Injection
    By MPFit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in