muscle repair and DHT

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Now you see how I possible help medical professionals...Get them to think about other views and approaches. This high school diploma guy just has few things then can start the precis for doctorate. all 2500+ clinical hours have been completed under MD supervision. Unfortunately I got late start like many others..
    You are not being consistent Matrix. You have advised against AIs for me. You have stated it is difficult to control E2 with AIs. You have stated that working on the gut is a better way to control E2 but that this is not easy. You have tried to ween yourself off of AIs for these reasons. But your post here implies complete agreement with DetroitHammer's statements about recommending AIs and easy control of E2.


  2. I don't see the point of trying to self-diagnose yourself instead of going to a doctor. A qualified medical professional is going to be able to help you a lot more than a bodybuilding message board on the internet. Your personal doctor also knows your medical history. Self diagnosis over the internet is a recipe for disaster.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't see the point of trying to self-diagnose yourself instead of going to a doctor. A qualified medical professional is going to be able to help you a lot more than a bodybuilding message board on the internet. Your personal doctor also knows your medical history. Self diagnosis over the internet is a recipe for disaster.
    My problem is rare. I see doctors and they do not know what is going on nor do they have time to research my condition. So they are providing zero help apart from running some lab tests that I ask for. In such a situation the internet provides the advantage of reaching a much broader audience than a few local doctors. The hope is that someone else with relevant experience will see my posts and share their story. It may be a long shot but that is better than no chance.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    My problem is rare. I see doctors and they do not know what is going on nor do they have time to research my condition. So they are providing zero help apart from running some lab tests that I ask for. In such a situation the internet provides the advantage of reaching a much broader audience than a few local doctors. The hope is that someone else with relevant experience will see my posts and share their story. It may be a long shot but that is better than no chance.

    If you don't like your doctor than search for a new one. It seems as though you already self diagnosed yourself though, saying that low DHT is your problem. Just go to the doctor and tell him what is going on and he should be able to give you an answer. If you don't like the answer he gives you than I don't know what to tell you. You shouldn't be going into the doctor and telling them what is wrong with you. Would you go to the mechanic and tell him how to do his job also?. Just go in and describe your symptoms. Sure someone else might have injuries that may not heal very fast also, but that isn't really going to help you any. You are your own person with your own medical and psychiatric history. We don't know that history and are not doctors.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    If you don't like your doctor than search for a new one. It seems as though you already self diagnosed yourself though, saying that low DHT is your problem. Just go to the doctor and tell him what is going on and he should be able to give you an answer. If you don't like the answer he gives you than I don't know what to tell you. You shouldn't be going into the doctor and telling them what is wrong with you. Would you go to the mechanic and tell him how to do his job also?. Just go in and describe your symptoms. Sure someone else might have injuries that may not heal very fast also, but that isn't really going to help you any. You are your own person with your own medical and psychiatric history. We don't know that history and are not doctors.
    I seen several doctors already. They don't give any answer. They don't have a clue. At that point if I share my ideas they generally think they are reasonable but we still don't know. If you read all my posts then you will have as extensive a history as I can share with my doctors.

    I did not conclude that low DHT is my entire problem or even the main one. I have done a series of experiments. Initially I suspected high SHBG and high estrogen. Taking an AI was not helpful and had bad side effects. Taking DHT was somewhat helpful but not enough to be sure that is my main issue. Avodart itself could have additional specific sides in me or my immune system issues may be partly responsible. My gut problems which are tied to my immune system issues are also a candidate. The problem with the later 2 issues is that so far I have not solved those problems either. Most of the time my focus has been on these problems but since progress has not been made I have also started to address the newer problems directly that may or may not be related.

    There are lots of people that have medical problems beyond the reach of medicine. These can be with or without a diagnosis. Many of those people post on these boards. Haven't you noticed how many people post here that have seen doctors for their problems and got no help? That's why they come here. Of course, they usually don't seem to be getting help here either. It seems that you have been so fortunate as to not had a problem beyond what your doctor knows. If you ever do then you will better understand what I am talking about.
    •   
       


  6. I saw Matrix 3 weeks ago and I am already improving. I saw docs on and off for 10 years and all gave different approaches to my prostate issues. My prostate issues are largely do to my GI issues!

  7. Problem with controlling e2 in some people is the issue of the Cyp 450 and how the drug may be metabolized. In proper modulation of estrogen in general you need to look at the process from start to finish. As noted before elevated SHBG is a response to something else inflammatory going on in the body. (liver, GI, prostate, or some kinds of meds). With out knowing the whole story behind the case it makes it virtually impossible to get the information needed. I had suspicion of what fanzdslpwr1 issue was but it did not dawn on me until I saw the testing results which prompted me to ask a few more detailed solution. His case is similar to mine is that WTF can a person have good e2 levels, good DHT levels end up with BPH? It most likely from the translocation of the bacteria from the GI tract into the prostate. Until you have all the data one can not make any educate recomendations. As I find out many times on forums, what appears as one thing on here is totally different when the person is sitting right there in front of you. I understand there are complex cases which go out side the realm of traditional medicine. These cases take more time and further investigation into other areas such as epigenetics, neurotransmitters, environmental, ect..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    So now you are claiming that you are the know-it-all for this board and that no one knows any better than you. If that is the case then I am wasting my time here.
    I believe that with your attitude that you are wasting your time posting here. You argue with everyone who is trying to help, challenging everything they say and seem to enjoy being a real jerk about all the responses you're getting. You argue with studies, doctor's advice and the member's advice. Not only are you wasting your time, you're wasting our time as well. You're not looking for help, just an arguement. Good luck, you'll need it with your attitude.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    I believe that with your attitude that you are wasting your time posting here. You argue with everyone who is trying to help, challenging everything they say and seem to enjoy being a real jerk about all the responses you're getting. You argue with studies, doctor's advice and the member's advice. Not only are you wasting your time, you're wasting our time as well. You're not looking for help, just an arguement. Good luck, you'll need it with your attitude.
    I really had to hold back on my responses to your original dogmatic postings. I gave you plenty of chances to actually notice what I was saying and respond appropriately. You never answered my questions I specifically asked you. You did not cite studies. You belittled my source as obscure when in fact it is it is one of the most famous studies published in one of the most famous journals (NEJM). You disputed that my position on BPH was mainstream even though it came straight from Wikipedia. You challenged my personal experience as if it just could not be true. You prescribed a treatment including AIs that was clearly at odds with my experience with taking them as well as with many others posting on this board. It is not even clear that you even successfully tried the protocol you suggested.

    Seriously Bro you need to take a look in the mirror and stop focusing on your muscles - your post here describes yourself.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    I really had to hold back on my responses to your original dogmatic postings. I gave you plenty of chances to actually notice what I was saying and respond appropriately. You never answered my questions I specifically asked you. You did not cite studies. You belittled my source as obscure when in fact it is it is one of the most famous studies published in one of the most famous journals (NEJM). You disputed that my position on BPH was mainstream even though it came straight from Wikipedia. You challenged my personal experience as if it just could not be true. You prescribed a treatment including AIs that was clearly at odds with my experience with taking them as well as with many others posting on this board. It is not even clear that you even successfully tried the protocol you suggested.

    Seriously Bro you need to take a look in the mirror and stop focusing on your muscles - your post here describes yourself.
    The problem I have with your posts are that it's all in your head. You have no facts to back anything up. You "feel" aromasin" was not working but have no blood work to back it up. In fact, you have nothing to back up anything you're saying except you "feel" a certain way. And you cite Wikipedia as if it were the final say on anything. You made some good points and had you been able to substantiate your claims with some tangible evidence, then your claims would have been very interesting, but you fail to bring any facts to the table, just a "feeling." And true, your c ocky attitude caused me to respond in a like-wise manner, but that's the nature of these boards. You brush off a doctor's advice as if he were some quack. In fact, he's not my doctor but a well respected doctor on this site under "Supplements." Check it out and you may learn something, I did. After having a serious bout of prostatitis last year I dug deeply into prostrate issue and at the time I just "knew" it was DHT. But I didn't go with my feeling, I went with clinical studies, backed up by my own blood work after trying stupid stuff like Saw Palmetto. And I was wrong. It was E2 not DHT that caused prostatitis. I can't prove that with direct evidence, only circumstantial, but at least I didn't rely on a "feeling" to come to a clinical conclusion. I always get blood work done to test any theory I may be working on and never rely on hearsay and never pass on hearsay. I would have just liked to see you back up your claims with blood work and tone done the c ockiness.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    The problem I have with your posts are that it's all in your head. You have no facts to back anything up. You "feel" aromasin" was not working but have no blood work to back it up. In fact, you have nothing to back up anything you're saying except you "feel" a certain way. And you cite Wikipedia as if it were the final say on anything. You made some good points and had you been able to substantiate your claims with some tangible evidence, then your claims would have been very interesting, but you fail to bring any facts to the table, just a "feeling." And true, your c ocky attitude caused me to respond in a like-wise manner, but that's the nature of these boards. You brush off a doctor's advice as if he were some quack. In fact, he's not my doctor but a well respected doctor on this site under "Supplements." Check it out and you may learn something, I did. After having a serious bout of prostatitis last year I dug deeply into prostrate issue and at the time I just "knew" it was DHT. But I didn't go with my feeling, I went with clinical studies, backed up by my own blood work after trying stupid stuff like Saw Palmetto. And I was wrong. It was E2 not DHT that caused prostatitis. I can't prove that with direct evidence, only circumstantial, but at least I didn't rely on a "feeling" to come to a clinical conclusion. I always get blood work done to test any theory I may be working on and never rely on hearsay and never pass on hearsay. I would have just liked to see you back up your claims with blood work and tone done the c ockiness.
    In the end we are all here to learn, myself included. We learn through trial and error. I learned the hard way by almost ended up dead a few times, but from our mistakes people learn. As one Dr told us what makes a good medical professional is being able to admit you are wrong even if the mistake may have ended in some one dying. If a person is willing to admit his mistake it may save multiple lives in the future....Unfortunately people do not see it that why.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    The problem I have with your posts are that it's all in your head. You have no facts to back anything up. You "feel" aromasin" was not working but have no blood work to back it up. In fact, you have nothing to back up anything you're saying except you "feel" a certain way. And you cite Wikipedia as if it were the final say on anything. You made some good points and had you been able to substantiate your claims with some tangible evidence, then your claims would have been very interesting, but you fail to bring any facts to the table, just a "feeling." And true, your c ocky attitude caused me to respond in a like-wise manner, but that's the nature of these boards. You brush off a doctor's advice as if he were some quack. In fact, he's not my doctor but a well respected doctor on this site under "Supplements." Check it out and you may learn something, I did. After having a serious bout of prostatitis last year I dug deeply into prostrate issue and at the time I just "knew" it was DHT. But I didn't go with my feeling, I went with clinical studies, backed up by my own blood work after trying stupid stuff like Saw Palmetto. And I was wrong. It was E2 not DHT that caused prostatitis. I can't prove that with direct evidence, only circumstantial, but at least I didn't rely on a "feeling" to come to a clinical conclusion. I always get blood work done to test any theory I may be working on and never rely on hearsay and never pass on hearsay. I would have just liked to see you back up your claims with blood work and tone done the c ockiness.
    I really don’t understand your comments about discounting how you feel. The only reason I started this thread is that several of my muscles/tendons are painful. All I care about is making them “feel” better so that I can resume full training. There is no lab test to determine that status of my muscles. The problem with aromasin is that I felt worse on the drug. By worse I mean that my previous muscle problems did not improve and my shoulder problems started while I was taking it. It also dramatically slowed my running and had irregular and mostly unwelcome effects on my libido. Why would I want to take a drug that makes me feel worse? The only reason to consider lab testing is to see if my increased symptoms came from driving E2 too low. But I was aware of this issue and started at a very low dose (1/50 pill) and increased very slowly and even my highest dose was very small. So I think it was unlikely that my E2 was too low. Even if I am wrong about this I do not see how I could dose this and keep it in a sweet spot if there even was such a thing for me because I never found a sweet spot. At best it was a moving target.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    I really don’t understand your comments about discounting how you feel. The only reason I started this thread is that several of my muscles/tendons are painful. All I care about is making them “feel” better so that I can resume full training. There is no lab test to determine that status of my muscles. The problem with aromasin is that I felt worse on the drug. By worse I mean that my previous muscle problems did not improve and my shoulder problems started while I was taking it. It also dramatically slowed my running and had irregular and mostly unwelcome effects on my libido. Why would I want to take a drug that makes me feel worse? The only reason to consider lab testing is to see if my increased symptoms came from driving E2 too low. But I was aware of this issue and started at a very low dose (1/50 pill) and increased very slowly and even my highest dose was very small. So I think it was unlikely that my E2 was too low. Even if I am wrong about this I do not see how I could dose this and keep it in a sweet spot if there even was such a thing for me because I never found a sweet spot. At best it was a moving target.
    I went back and re-read your initial post. I think your muscle soreness got subsumed by the discussion on prostrate health, which you mentioned only as a reason for taking Avodart. You really didn’t intend to get into a discussion about the prostrate. I would only urge you to reconsider E2 as a prostrate antagonist, more so than DHT.

    I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm going on memory. As I recall you're about 50 years old and are a distance runner? I used to run 6 miles eod and did so for about 30 years. I noticed I was losing muscle tone and my lifts were getting horrible as I aged. I did some research and found out that running reduces your testosterone levels (confirmed by blood tests I had done later). The "runner's high" may be attributed to increased serotonin secretion, while dopamine is reduced due to less testosterone. It's possible that as you drive the DHT down further (already down due to lower test levels) you're hindering recovery. One study suggests that decreased performance due to taking Proscar is "...most likely it is due to the reduction of androgenic effects in other parts of the body that contribute to the ergogenic effects. Specifically the CNS, which is stimulated by androgens to increase neural output leading to greater strength and greater recoverability. Another possibility is a reduction in the production of androgen dependent liver growth factors (such as IGF-1), since DHT is an important androgen in the liver." And I think you were on the right track in adding DHT to see if you feel better.

    In my case I stopped running for reasons I won't go into here and my natural test levels went up, but not high enough for me. I went on AAS, muscles felt great, recovered like the Million Dollar Man and my blood profile was much better on all levels. Then I got carried away and got prostatitis.

    So I understand how you place weight on how you feel, but a blood panel, an anti aging blood panel, may help shed light on a lot of things we're just speculating on now. Aromasin can have adverse sides so you may have experienced some of those sides. My recommendation, for what it's worth, is to dry out on everything and let your body stabilize natural homeostasis. Get a blood profile, see how you feel with natural levels of DHT and then make some adjustments if need be. You and I are both concerned about the prostrate. I'm literally staking my life on what I'm telling you, so please reconsider how DHT and E2 affect the prostrate so you never have to worry about cancer.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    I went back and re-read your initial post. I think your muscle soreness got subsumed by the discussion on prostrate health, which you mentioned only as a reason for taking Avodart. You really didn’t intend to get into a discussion about the prostrate. I would only urge you to reconsider E2 as a prostrate antagonist, more so than DHT.
    I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm going on memory. As I recall you're about 50 years old and are a distance runner?
    Yes, I think the prostate stuff is better for another thread but it is the back story on why I started Avodart.

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    I used to run 6 miles eod and did so for about 30 years. I noticed I was losing muscle tone and my lifts were getting horrible as I aged. I did some research and found out that running reduces your testosterone levels (confirmed by blood tests I had done later). The "runner's high" may be attributed to increased serotonin secretion, while dopamine is reduced due to less testosterone.
    Running does knock down T levels but this is not usually a permanent reduction. They normally come back after some rest albeit perhaps slower for us over 50 year olds.

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    It's possible that as you drive the DHT down further (already down due to lower test levels) you're hindering recovery. One study suggests that decreased performance due to taking Proscar is "...most likely it is due to the reduction of androgenic effects in other parts of the body that contribute to the ergogenic effects. Specifically the CNS, which is stimulated by androgens to increase neural output leading to greater strength and greater recoverability. Another possibility is a reduction in the production of androgen dependent liver growth factors (such as IGF-1), since DHT is an important androgen in the liver." And I think you were on the right track in adding DHT to see if you feel better.
    Avodart crushes DHT levels to below what the typical labs can measure (>95% reduction). This is going to be the dominant factor in DHT. It is very important to note that my running performance and strength did not decrease after I went on Avodart. The only thing that went wrong is my susceptibility to injury and recovery. My first injury started about 1 year after I went on the drug. It was something that should have been sore muscles for a few weeks and then full recovery. Instead it is still a problem 4 years later. I do suspect that DHT is important in the recovery process especially if tendons have been strained.

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    In my case I stopped running for reasons I won't go into here and my natural test levels went up, but not high enough for me. I went on AAS, muscles felt great, recovered like the Million Dollar Man and my blood profile was much better on all levels. Then I got carried away and got prostatitis.
    A while ago I had prostatitis too - but that is a subject for another thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    So I understand how you place weight on how you feel, but a blood panel, an anti aging blood panel, may help shed light on a lot of things we're just speculating on now. Aromasin can have adverse sides so you may have experienced some of those sides. My recommendation, for what it's worth, is to dry out on everything and let your body stabilize natural homeostasis. Get a blood profile, see how you feel with natural levels of DHT and then make some adjustments if need be. You and I are both concerned about the prostrate. I'm literally staking my life on what I'm telling you, so please reconsider how DHT and E2 affect the prostrate so you never have to worry about cancer.
    I've had fairly extensive testing now. Only things that registered are high SHBG, slightly high E2 and of course low DHT. I do have another condition that could be a factor as well. I have pan-CD3 lymphopenia. That means low T cells, low B cells and low NK cells. These may also be important for recovery. But this problem predates my injuries by more than Avodart. Nevertheless, as we get older this could become more of a factor.

    As for drying out the annoying thing about Avodart is the incredibly long half life. It would take more than 6 months to get down to low levels of the drug. That is why using DHT cream is a much faster way to see if adding back DHT will help. I have restarted the cream at a lower dose and so far have avoided the thermoregulation sides. This side effect is clearly an indirect consequence of higher DHT levels because it takes a while to begin after I start DHT. Again it seems to be helping some but I'm still a long way from recovered.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    How much arimidex and/or aromasin were you taking?
    I don't think I answered this before. For arimidex I started with 1/4 pill and had bad sides right away (it made me dizzy and feel like crap) so I stopped right away. The text below was copied from my previous thread with the answer for aromasin.

    Then I started aromasin at just .5mg (yes just 1/50th of a tab) for 2 days. Sides were OK so I increased to 7mg for one day. Sex was good. I backed off to 3mg the next day. Still good but running was slower and injury was not responding. My mojo started to ramp up despite cutting the dose back again to only 1.5mg. Mojo still too high (needed sex every day) so cut back to 1mg for a couple days. Sex peaked the next day and I continued to cut back to only .5mg again. At this point my mojo moderated so I slightly increased to .75mg for a couple days. Then my mojo got lower so I increased to 3mg for 2 days. I strained my shoulders doing a head to handstand press. My sense is that this was making me weaker and my running was still slower. Mojo boosted up again so I backed aromasin down to 1.5mg for a couple days. Mojo got low again so I went back to 3mg for 3 days and then 4.5 mg. I ran a 5K race in 21:16 which is slow for me. After that got constipated and sex was bad and lots of fatigue. At this point I stopped aromasin. A few days later things got better and my running got faster again.

    My conclusions are:
    1) Aromasin did not seem to help with my muscle injuries. In fact it clearly made my running slower and may have made me weaker and contributed to my shoulder injury.
    2) The biggest effect of aromasin was on my mojo which went really high for a while but was not sustainable. I do not believe that this was caused by going too low on E2 because my dosages were so small. Instead I believe that feedback loops opposed the changes making me worse than before. Perhaps SHBG dropped and made for more free E2 than before or receptors for E2 got up-regulated. Aromasin affects so many hormones that it is hard to say what was going on.

    The bottom line is that aromasin looks like it will not be the answer for me. I can see what people mean about having regulation issues with these AIs but I think the problem is worse that just managing E2 levels. Even though the sides of aromasin were much better than arimidex I never felt that good on the drug. It did not help fatigue and hurt strength.

    So I am back to searching for a solution to my muscle issues and other hormonal imbalances. The only thing that seems to help the muscles is MGF but it is not a cure. I think that the matrix is right that gut issues are a big part of this. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do any better than I already have done.

  16. I have real aromasin and it's so small ...real size is like this "O" just about impossible to cut it down and measure. How did you cut the pill?
    It's possible you feel fatique, aromasin or any other AI will lower estrogen making your body ache and feel crappy the trick is to take small amounts. Arimidex might be a better choice, easier to control and it stays in your system shorter than aromasin.

  17. I've never in my years heard of this type of response to an AI in such minute doses. I honestly don't think it's the AI making you feel this way. I would look into other issues, as you were saying.

    Have you had any sort of testing for fybromyalsia, rheumatic diseases, lupus, etc?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    I have real aromasin and it's so small ...real size is like this "O" just about impossible to cut it down and measure. How did you cut the pill?
    It's possible you feel fatique, aromasin or any other AI will lower estrogen making your body ache and feel crappy the trick is to take small amounts. Arimidex might be a better choice, easier to control and it stays in your system shorter than aromasin.
    Yeh, this is hard to do. At first I tried to crush it to a powder and dissolve in liquid and dose by measuring amounts with eye dropper. Problem is that aromasin doesn't dissolve easily so you had to shake it right before measuring. I switched to cutting off slivers. I have access to a high precision lab scale that can measure very small amounts. Arimidex made me feel very bad right away as I noted.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I've never in my years heard of this type of response to an AI in such minute doses. I honestly don't think it's the AI making you feel this way. I would look into other issues, as you were saying.

    Have you had any sort of testing for fybromyalsia, rheumatic diseases, lupus, etc?
    The drug effects were huge. The diseases you listed do not drive your mojo through the roof. I think the effects may have been more pronounced because I take Avodart.

  20. I'm not talking about the effects on sex drive though, but the effects on your muscle/joints etc. Those effects seem severe..which I wouldn't personally attribute to the AI or E2, but would look to other things for the source which may be non-hormonal as well.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I'm not talking about the effects on sex drive though, but the effects on your muscle/joints etc. Those effects seem severe..which I wouldn't personally attribute to the AI or E2, but would look to other things for the source which may be non-hormonal as well.
    At the moment I think the avodart is the most likely culprit for my muscle/tendon issues. I have been weening myself off this drug this month. I'm at about 40% full dose serum levels now. There has been some improvement in my knee injury so far. For sure I have other issues that may predispose me to more problems. I have a history of gut issues and pan-CD3 lymphopenia. But these predate the muscle problems by a long time. My first muscle problems started within the first year of starting avodart.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    Yeh, this is hard to do. At first I tried to crush it to a powder and dissolve in liquid and dose by measuring amounts with eye dropper. Problem is that aromasin doesn't dissolve easily so you had to shake it right before measuring. I switched to cutting off slivers. I have access to a high precision lab scale that can measure very small amounts. Arimidex made me feel very bad right away as I noted.
    It makes sense somewhat, arimidex works rather quickly compared to aromasin which take up to 7 days to clear your system. I tend to agree with the other poster avodart may cause some odd drug interactions with arimidex and aromasin.

  23. I have been off Avodart for another month. To counter potential estrogen issues I have been taking reservatrol, some phytosterols and I3C. I did not take any nettle yet because of my immune deficiency. At this point my serum levels of Avodart should be down to 20% of a full dose. My prostate symptoms returned as expected but the I3C has controlled the prostatitis part fairly well. So far my thermoregulation issues have not returned and reservatrol may deserve the credit for this. There has been more night-time wood - sometimes so much so it keeps me awake - lol. Unfortunately, there has been no improvement in my main problem - muscle/tendon issues. It is starting to look like DHT is not the problem even though the DHT cream seems to help reduce pain in the short term. Still it may be too early to tell as a 20% dose may still be enough to keep my DHT levels below normal.

  24. Just another thought....could you be allergic to some foods which prevents your body to take in necessary nutrients?
    This could explain why your body has a hard time recovering and perhaps you also have some inflamation as well.
    What do you eat?
    Do you have food allergies of any kind?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by daAMx View Post
    Well actually DHT itself technically decreases growth hormone levels, but it increases IGF-1 binding sites from what I hear. So it's DHT + Test + IGF-1 + E2 are all necessary for healing. People who have low estrogen but high DHT tend to have lower growth hormone levels. DHT might be good to balance E2 out. You might also want to look into the new healing peptides ACT-1 and BPC157.
    Hey daAMx, thanks for the post. For sure it is a mix of stuff needed for healing including E2. I'm a big fan of peptides but somehow I missed these. I will check them out. I know these are not addressing the root cause but I'll take whatever help I can get while I figure it out.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Just another thought....could you be allergic to some foods which prevents your body to take in necessary nutrients?
    This could explain why your body has a hard time recovering and perhaps you also have some inflamation as well.
    What do you eat?
    Do you have food allergies of any kind?
    I have a history of food intolerances but not allergies. These have gotten a lot better. But I also have a history that is a form of irritable bowel syndrome that has gotten worse. For sure I have some malabsorption problems but these are on the side of too much. I don't have any nutrient deficiencies show up on tests. In fact my B12 is elevated. Still my gut is likely part of the problem. My gut is leaking microbial products causing chronic immune activation. This is either a cause or effect of my lymphopenia. Since the immune system is also involved in injury repair this could be part of it. But this problem predates my healing problems although the IBS aspects have gotten worse.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    I have a history of food intolerances but not allergies. These have gotten a lot better. But I also have a history that is a form of irritable bowel syndrome that has gotten worse. For sure I have some malabsorption problems but these are on the side of too much. I don't have any nutrient deficiencies show up on tests. In fact my B12 is elevated. Still my gut is likely part of the problem. My gut is leaking microbial products causing chronic immune activation. This is either a cause or effect of my lymphopenia. Since the immune system is also involved in injury repair this could be part of it. But this problem predates my healing problems although the IBS aspects have gotten worse.
    Could be that is just got worse. It just seems to me that you are not geting enough nutrients into your system thus the muscle cant repair itself properly. Did you ever try to eliminate wheat(celliac?) and stick with more protein and higher fat?
    Might be worth a try.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Could be that is just got worse. It just seems to me that you are not geting enough nutrients into your system thus the muscle cant repair itself properly. Did you ever try to eliminate wheat(celliac?) and stick with more protein and higher fat?
    Might be worth a try.
    I did eliminate wheat and tried every other kind of diet too. No diet can fix my problems. That would be way too easy.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by hitest

    I did eliminate wheat and tried every other kind of diet too. No diet can fix my problems. That would be way too easy.

    I finding a.lot.of.resolution to these types of issues through using genetic snps
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I finding a.lot.of.resolution to these types of issues through using genetic snps
    What do you mean by "genetic snps"? I'm aware of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) as a form of genetic mutation but this is not something you can use - it is something that you have.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Ulitmate Joint Repair and Muscle Repair Cream
    By LG Sciences in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:52 AM
  2. LG Sciences Joint/Muscle Repair Observation
    By OCCFan023 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
  3. Lg's Joint/muscle Repair Liquid!
    By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 12:58 AM
  4. LG Joint/Muscle Repair Liquid
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 03:15 PM
  5. muscle repair for us old geezers
    By bassgirl in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Log in
Log in