Just had Test Level tested, and it is very low- what to expect, advice?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'm 37 and months ago made the commitment to give up aas for good. Prior to use, I suspected my T was low. After quitting I tried everything to get back to normal- natural aids as well as clomid, nolva etc. I have been off for 6 months and I am miserable. I just had bloodwork done and my test level was 115! I have all the typical symptoms, low sex drive, gaining fat, weakness etc.

My doc referred me to an endocrinologist and I go next thursday. I really want to avoid all the guesswork and ups and downs associated with the patch, gel etc. and would much rather be put on injections. This is really affecting my life and I 'm sick of the way I feel.

What is the typical approach used by doctors, and what can I expect with a level that low in terms of what I'll be prescribed. I want to make sure I'm prescribed correctly and have heard many bad experiences. Also, is it common now to also be prescribed something to deal with estrogen? Are doctors typically receptive to my concerns or is there a strict protocol in deciding treatment?

Also, I want to be clear- I'm not doing this to get a legal way to use drugs and I wish I didn't have to. It is a quality of life issue and I just want to feel normal. Any advice would be appreciated.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm 37 and months ago made the commitment to give up aas for good. Prior to use, I suspected my T was low. After quitting I tried everything to get back to normal- natural aids as well as clomid, nolva etc. I have been off for 6 months and I am miserable. I just had bloodwork done and my test level was 115! I have all the typical symptoms, low sex drive, gaining fat, weakness etc.

My doc referred me to an endocrinologist and I go next thursday. I really want to avoid all the guesswork and ups and downs associated with the patch, gel etc. and would much rather be put on injections. This is really affecting my life and I 'm sick of the way I feel.

What is the typical approach used by doctors, and what can I expect with a level that low in terms of what I'll be prescribed. I want to make sure I'm prescribed correctly and have heard many bad experiences. Also, is it common now to also be prescribed something to deal with estrogen? Are doctors typically receptive to my concerns or is there a strict protocol in deciding treatment?

Also, I want to be clear- I'm not doing this to get a legal way to use drugs and I wish I didn't have to. It is a quality of life issue and I just want to feel normal. Any advice would be appreciated.
Age of 37 you would qualify for HRT hands down no exception. With a scare of 115 TT I would be asking question, but would not hold be held against you. Again you need to look at other factors out side of hormones, just to be sure. I have several people contact me they are on HRT and still feel like crap even with optimal numbers. These cases are the ones I like because they are a challenge and keep my mind sharp. Goto endocronlogist feel him out tell him you used prohormones in the past and have learned from your mistake.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Age of 37 you would qualify for HRT hands down no exception. With a scare of 115 TT I would be asking question, but would not hold be held against you. Again you need to look at other factors out side of hormones, just to be sure. I have several people contact me they are on HRT and still feel like crap even with optimal numbers. These cases are the ones I like because they are a challenge and keep my mind sharp. Goto endocronlogist feel him out tell him you used prohormones in the past and have learned from your mistake.
Thank you for the reply. One of my concerns was slightly elevated liver enzymes. I have read that exercising,a taking niacin, drinking, aspirin -all of which I do, can raise these levels. Here are the results:

Protein, Total7.06.0 - 8.4g/dL
Albumin4.53.5 - 5.0g/dL
Calcium9.98.5 - 10.5mg/dL
Bilirubin, Total1.00.0 - 1.5mg/dL
Alkaline Phosphatase8240 - 150U/L
AST487 - 40U/LH
Glucose9365 - 100mg/dL
BUN1910 - 25mg/dL
Creatinine0.850.70 - 1.40mg/dL
Sodium139135 - 146mmol/L
Potassium4.23.5 - 5.0mmol/L
Chloride10398 - 110mmol/L
CO22723 - 32mmol/L
Anion Gap90 - 15mmol/L
ALT905 - 50U/L

Is this going to be a concern when treating for low T? My lipids and prolactin came back normal, although my HDL is slightly low and triglycerides are slightly high.

Triglyceride15730 - 149mg/dLH
Cholesterol177100 - 199mg/dL
HDL Cholesterol43>45 - mg/dLL
VLDL Cholesterol316 - 40mg/dL
LDL Cholesterol10360 - 129mg/dL
Fasting Time12hrs
TC:HDL Ratio4.121.00 - 5.00
LDL:HDL Ratio2.400.50 - 3.55
Non HDL C13490 - 159

I haven't disclosed any aas use and I'm not sure how much I sould due to insurance concerns. But I feel confident that I've been off long enough and tried everything to get my levels up that if it was going to happen it would. How much of this should I disclose? Does my bloodwork point to AAS anyway?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Lifting weights can cause that for upto 3 days after. Steroids? You.mean otc prohormones. No indication of steroids use in blood, but you walking into office well that verybe a given unless he was totally clueless. You can cover up i am sure. Tell.him you.used.in past but no longer have for a while. This is.not.lying but giving him a heads. Up. Insurance can not hold it against you. If that was true majority of Dr patients i work.with would.be screwed. If that was true then all the.people.who smoked weed.parties back in the day woold be in the same boat.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the advice. I have a lot of anxiety about my appointment. I have read so much that endocrinologists aren't the best choice for this problem abut that is who my Dr. referred me to. Physically and mentally, I'm miserable and just want to feel normal. I'm worried that being bigger than average is going to cause the doc to be hesitant to treat me properly, but my bloodwork is what it is. I also have 2 close friends who went thru this and they were put on gels and patches-which didn't work out for them but wasted months. I don't want to mess with that stuff but I'm afraid of seeming to eager in asking for injections and giving the wrong impression. I noticed in some of your posts you mentioned that you know of Dr.'s that you would recommend. Do you happen to know any in the northeast ohio area? i'm west of cleveland, my current doc is at the cleveland clinic.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If you are willing to travel i know one which.may accept insurance and is a.great.Dr. Actually i know of 2 about. One in Philadelphia on north if Detroit.Michigan.