5-htp to Serotonin Conversion - Matrix Question

bomb402

Awards
Your PM BOX was full, probably because I just messaged you yesterday something else. lol K. I have one quick question. I am on hydrocortisone replacement therapy, TRT with an anti estrogen, and fludrocortisone. I am definitely getting this nutri-eval test done when I get paid since it is $450 apparently. Question is, when I take Lexapro at just 2.5mg (quarter pill), my chronic fatigue disappears and my immune system seems to start working. I have tried taking 5-htp and that just gives me heart palps and want to pass out. When I take tryptophan at first it converted to niacin and quinolenic acid then I added supplemental niacin and it started putting me to sleep. If I take a higher dose of lexapro it puts me to sleep. But my point is, no matter what dose of 5-htp or tryptophan I still feel ****ty. I feel good on lexapro at this small dose daily. I am assuming I am lacking the enzyme that converts 5-htp to serotonin. Is there any way around this other than taking lexapro on a regular basis? The methylation protocol of tmg, p5p, methylcobalamin, and Same got rid of my insomnia, but the fatigue and extreme brain fog are still there. I have a history of gut infections (even pathogenic e.coli) and parasites, which I am ordering human strain probiotics from pharmex for and have corrected by doing gallbladder flushes and tried antibiotics but they come back. I have used the best digestive enzymes and they do help my acne a bit on my back but only if I use them to the point of them eating a hole in my stomach. All else I am thinking is l-theanine to possibly elevate serotonin in the brain. Lexapro could be elevating other things in the brain. Wellbutrin and adderall make me feel ****ty after several days of taking them unlike lexapro at this small dose, so I am assuming the issue is the 5htp-serotonin conversion. I am getting the nutri-eval done next pay period but just want to know if you have seen such a thing. I read in one of your posts you had abnormal low serotonin. Believe me when I say I have tried everything aside from getting this extensive test.

Also I have always had hyperactivity issues since a kid. Even flailing hands and stuff when I used to get excited over a video game or something. I would assume this could be a symptom of the low serotonin. I've always had psychological issues even since a child that would closely relate to being introverted and not extremely sociable with depression. I also come from a family of alcoholics and my grandfather takes lexapro.

Chinese doctors say my liver is overstimulated and weak. I am assuming this is from a functional serotonin deficiency (one that only seems to respond to lexapro).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Your PM BOX was full, probably because I just messaged you yesterday something else. lol K. I have one quick question. I am on hydrocortisone replacement therapy, TRT with an anti estrogen, and fludrocortisone. I am definitely getting this nutri-eval test done when I get paid since it is $450 apparently. Question is, when I take Lexapro at just 2.5mg (quarter pill), my chronic fatigue disappears and my immune system seems to start working. I have tried taking 5-htp and that just gives me heart palps and want to pass out. When I take tryptophan at first it converted to niacin and quinolenic acid then I added supplemental niacin and it started putting me to sleep. If I take a higher dose of lexapro it puts me to sleep. But my point is, no matter what dose of 5-htp or tryptophan I still feel ****ty. I feel good on lexapro at this small dose daily. I am assuming I am lacking the enzyme that converts 5-htp to serotonin. Is there any way around this other than taking lexapro on a regular basis? The methylation protocol of tmg, p5p, methylcobalamin, and Same got rid of my insomnia, but the fatigue and extreme brain fog are still there. I have a history of gut infections (even pathogenic e.coli) and parasites, which I am ordering human strain probiotics from pharmex for and have corrected by doing gallbladder flushes and tried antibiotics but they come back. I have used the best digestive enzymes and they do help my acne a bit on my back but only if I use them to the point of them eating a hole in my stomach. All else I am thinking is l-theanine to possibly elevate serotonin in the brain. Lexapro could be elevating other things in the brain. Wellbutrin and adderall make me feel ****ty after several days of taking them unlike lexapro at this small dose, so I am assuming the issue is the 5htp-serotonin conversion. I am getting the nutri-eval done next pay period but just want to know if you have seen such a thing. I read in one of your posts you had abnormal low serotonin. Believe me when I say I have tried everything aside from getting this extensive test.

Also I have always had hyperactivity issues since a kid. Even flailing hands and stuff when I used to get excited over a video game or something. I would assume this could be a symptom of the low serotonin. I've always had psychological issues even since a child that would closely relate to being introverted and not extremely sociable with depression. I also come from a family of alcoholics and my grandfather takes lexapro.

Chinese doctors say my liver is overstimulated and weak. I am assuming this is from a functional serotonin deficiency (one that only seems to respond to lexapro).
REfractory depression is when you take medicine but they no longer work. You are taking dirty oil and just running it through the engine over and over again. Over time things are not going to work the same. You need to have an oil change 5 thp would be that (clean oil) for your receptors. I have worked with Dr's to help patients lower there SSRI and even get off them by modulating serotonin and other neurotransmitters by rebalancing the body and using OTC stove. When dealing with alcholic you are probably dealing with methylation issues depending what your heritage is. American indians have a high incident of alcoholism due to alterations in methylation and specific mutations.

I suspect low serotonin levels and dopamine levels may be fine, but could be converting to NE and adrenaline too. Low serotonin levels may explain why infections keep coming back.

bomb402

Awards
Yes, I guess a neurotransmitter urine test is the only way to tell (I think). Though even then I may just get metabolites. Does the nutri-eval test serotonin levels? Like I said Matrix, when I take 5-htp I do not feel good. Tryptophan puts me to sleep similarly. Maybe I should try tryptophan tomorrow. But 5-htp gives me very bad heart palps and high blood pressure and then makes me go to sleep.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The secret to neurotransmitters are you need to not look at the amounts but the balance between excitory and inhibitory ones, some time the body will be compensating ..if serotonin is low then GABA should be screaming since its the back up system for serotonin. Once you get the results, they we will see whats going on. Like I said, I have some of the top resources in the business if I need to ask a question just an email away. I am not afraid to bounce ideas off other Dr's I know to get there input.

bomb402

Awards
When I last checked the Nutri-Eval does not show gaba/dopamine/serotonin results in the urine test, correct? So I would need a separate test to determine this? Sure it may show tryptophan concentration or something but also wouldn't I need a urine NT metabolite test? Do you have a link to where I can buy that or is this in nutri-eval and I am mistaken?

Also I checked out your "[h=2]Lab testing and getting to the core" post and I do not see how this is free. Are you saying that if I get my doc to open an account with geneva it will be free? I am confused. Thanks.[/h]

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When I last checked the Nutri-Eval does not show gaba/dopamine/serotonin results in the urine test, correct? So I would need a separate test to determine this? Sure it may show tryptophan concentration or something but also wouldn't I need a urine NT metabolite test? Do you have a link to where I can buy that or is this in nutri-eval and I am mistaken?

Also I checked out your "Lab testing and getting to the core" post and I do not see how this is free. Are you saying that if I get my doc to open an account with geneva it will be free? I am confused. Thanks.
it shows all the neurotransmitters
Genova will provide a one time "educational kit" to the Dr when they open an account. They can use this test on anyone at no charge..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So it can be a chiropractor, right?
Some states yes..Some chiroptactors can order blood tests too I know in florida they can..