First self-inject today of TRT...question

lboston

lboston

Awards
Gentlemen-
I did my 1st self inject of test cyp today. Doc has me on 200mg EOW. My last shot was given by the nurse at the office.

This morning, after the shot, I forgot to apply pressure and looked down to see a bit of solution coming back out on my leg. Do you think it would have been enough to make a diff in the amount I injected? The tissue paper was pretty oily when I dabbed it off.

Thoughts are appreciated!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen-
I did my 1st self inject of test cyp today. Doc has me on 200mg EOW. My last shot was given by the nurse at the office.

This morning, after the shot, I forgot to apply pressure and looked down to see a bit of solution coming back out on my leg. Do you think it would have been enough to make a diff in the amount I injected? The tissue paper was pretty oily when I dabbed it off.

Thoughts are appreciated!
NOthing to be worried about one can adminster 50 mgs 2 times weekly m,th and be much better off keeping stable plasma levels. One can also only use a 29 gauge syringe to inject in to their quad or shoulder which is much more convient and less oil.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Like Matrix says doing shots EOW is very old and does not work very well it puts you on a roller coaster ride up after the dam big shot your going to peak over 1500 on your levels by the 3rd. day then fall very low by your next shot. It's when your levels fall to low we feel like creap. Also doing this big shot most of it is going to tury into Estradiol and high Estraidol levels un dose any good TRT can do for you. It will drive up your SHBG this will bind up your T in your body making it not working. You will have good labs but it will be bound up and not working your Free T will show very low.

This is so old that I can't see why a Dr. would do this it only tells me he is not up on TRT he is reading the insert that comes in the box. And Drug Co.'s are not going to spend the money redoing stuides to change the insert.

Even in the AACE Guildelines on page 11 it states to do shots every 7 to 10 days starting with about 100 mgs and this is very old. Print out page 11 and show this to your Dr.

Even Dr. Shippen who did the book "The Testosterone Syndrome" now does shots to his self every 3 days and his book is dated and in it he was down on shots. Today he feels doing shots E3D helps him keep more leveled and helps keep Estradiol levels down.

And you do need to check your Estraidol levels if they are high you need Arimidex or Aromasin to get this down and keep it down best level is about 20 pg/ml if it's over 30 your going to not feel very good and it can kill your sex life.

After reading Dr. Shippen dose his test C shots E3D I got my Dr. to let me do this and it's the best way I found to do TRT.
https://www.aace.com/sites/default/files/hypogonadism.pdf

lboston

lboston

Awards
Matrix-
I have a follow up for blood work on the 9th of jan. I plan on switching up injection times after that. About a week and 2 days after my last injection I felt like I hit a wall!!! Like you had mentioned would happen in another thread. It eventually got a bit better, but there were two days that were pretty rough!

I was scripted for 20g, 1" needle and used that.

With a tad running back out the quad this morning, no reason to add more?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Wow that is a dam big needle I use a 27g 1ml. x 1/2" lg. needle and shoot into my thigh been doing this for yrs and I have very good levels no pain doing this.

nkautz1

Awards
Oil coming out at injection site usually means the injection was done too quickly , which is easily done with a large gauge needle (like 20g). The oil needs a chance to disperse somewhat inside the muscle. 23g * 1.5" inch is ideal for quadricep and gluteal injections , unless you dont' have much meat on your bones in which case 1" is better.
Also, once a week injections of test cyp/enan is about the longest you want to wait. It's better to split shots into bi-weekly.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Oil coming out at injection site usually means the injection was done too quickly , which is easily done with a large gauge needle (like 20g). The oil needs a chance to disperse somewhat inside the muscle. 23g * 1.5" inch is ideal for quadricep and gluteal injections , unless you dont' have much meat on your bones in which case 1" is better.
Also, once a week injections of test cyp/enan is about the longest you want to wait. It's better to split shots into bi-weekly.
No wonder why it was seeping. It left a huge hole in your azz LOL. I use 29 gauge half inch with bigger ones to draw. Never had an issue...

lboston

lboston

Awards
No wonder why it was seeping. It left a huge hole in your azz LOL. I use 29 gauge half inch with bigger ones to draw. Never had an issue...
Hah! I don't even feel it at all...hadn't felt it either time...leg is sore the day after, but no pain on injection!

lboston

lboston

Awards
If like to do them bi-weekly, but was going to wait until next apt in early January before doing that. Don't want doc to fuss about directions yet!

lboston

lboston

Awards
Woke up this morning with no soreness whatsoever in my quad where I injected. I switched legs from the one the nurse injected last time...the day after that I was sore as h:ll!

Should I be concerned that there is no soreness?

nkautz1

Awards
Woke up this morning with no soreness whatsoever in my quad where I injected. I switched legs from the one the nurse injected last time...the day after that I was sore as h:ll!

Should I be concerned that there is no soreness?
If you injected into fresh meat and there is no soreness, then something might be wrong. Only time I don't get sore , is when I inject into a location that has received many injections before. I like to move my injection site around on my leg, try to hit a new spot every time. I seem to get better absorption that way. I've come to like the soreness, it's reassuring. If I'm not sore , It's possible to have injected into a vein. Sometimes oil can get trapped between 2 seperate muscles. Also, one time I had a "capsule" of oil in my leg that wasn't absorbing. I could feel the lump there. Eventually I had to drain it with an 18g.

You're probably fine, just a little underdosed this time.

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
If you injected into fresh meat and there is no soreness, then something might be wrong. Only time I don't get sore , is when I inject into a location that has received many injections before. I like to move my injection site around on my leg, try to hit a new spot every time. I seem to get better absorption that way. I've come to like the soreness, it's reassuring. If I'm not sore , It's possible to have injected into a vein. Sometimes oil can get trapped between 2 seperate muscles. Also, one time I had a "capsule" of oil in my leg that wasn't absorbing. I could feel the lump there. Eventually I had to drain it with an 18g.

You're probably fine, just a little underdosed this time.
Test cyp is different. Majority of people that get test cyp injections feel no pain other than the needle stick. Feeling pain or soreness with test cyp would worry me. To the OP, no need to get into a a rush while injecting, just take your time. An injection every 7 days of half your biweekly dose should be evenly spaced enough to keep your plasma levels very consistant. The half life of test cyp is 14 days, so your levels should stay fairly even all the time. Mine do, and I inject every Monday. I've been on test cyp injects for awhile now, and there is no need for any concern in your case. Just slow the injection down to around 30 seconds and you will be just fine. I would stick to injecting in your glutes. Leave your quads alone for now. You will probably want to use those for other injectables later ;)

lboston

lboston

Awards
Test cyp is different. Majority of people that get test cyp injections feel no pain other than the needle stick. Feeling pain or soreness with test cyp would worry me. To the OP, no need to get into a a rush while injecting, just take your time. An injection every 7 days of half your biweekly dose should be evenly spaced enough to keep your plasma levels very consistant. The half life of test cyp is 14 days, so your levels should stay fairly even all the time. Mine do, and I inject every Monday. I've been on test cyp injects for awhile now, and there is no need for any concern in your case. Just slow the injection down to around 30 seconds and you will be just fine. I would stick to injecting in your glutes. Leave your quads alone for now. You will probably want to use those for other injectables later ;)
Preciate' it man. So you never feel much soreness the day after. It's just strange since last time there was a ton--on the other quad. I am going to switch to the glutes next time. Also, definitely going to slow it down a bit next time....let that baby marinade in!

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Preciate' it man. So you never feel much soreness the day after. It's just strange since last time there was a ton--on the other quad. I am going to switch to the glutes next time. Also, definitely going to slow it down a bit next time....let that baby marinade in!

Never felt soreness. Or any to speak of really. If there is soreness, it shouldnt be blatantly painful. Make sense? You probably just balked on pushing the needle in right. Its easier in the glutes tbh. Well easier mentally anyway. You could get someone else to do the injection for you. Somebody else's form and injection speed is always better than your own as they don't have to think about it as much since its not their body.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Never felt soreness. Or any to speak of really. If there is soreness, it shouldnt be blatantly painful. Make sense? You probably just balked on pushing the needle in right. Its easier in the glutes tbh. Well easier mentally anyway.
Jeth...About how long after an inject did you feel the positive effects? I feel like crud today...tired, irritable, very short with the kids I teach (more so than usual!).

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Give it three or four weeks for everything to level out. You really should be injecting weekly and not biweekly. More stable levels equal a more stable mood. Dr's who have never tried it don't understand how why it's better. Yes, the half life of cyp is 2 weeks, so theoretically a biweekly injection should be sufficient, but in reality your levels just fluctuate too much. I'm no dr. And what I say isn't medical advice, but I can tell you from personal experience that it took about a month for me to level out on weekly injections.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Give it three or four weeks for everything to level out. You really should be injecting weekly and not biweekly. More stable levels equal a more stable mood. Dr's who have never tried it don't understand how why it's better. Yes, the half life of cyp is 2 weeks, so theoretically a biweekly injection should be sufficient, but in reality your levels just fluctuate too much. I'm no dr. And what I say isn't medical advice, but I can tell you from personal experience that it took about a month for me to level out on weekly injections.
I appreciate the personal experience you share. That often tells much more than a textbook the drs use. I have an appointment jan 9 and I am supposed to have two blood draws prior to that. I was going to switch to weekly injects, but did not know whether or not that would make a diff In the bloodwork the doc wanted to see...don't want to get scolded just yet and afraid that's mess up the script he would write me....
I am going to tell him I'd like to do every week at 100mg since I'm biweekly at 200mg now.

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
I appreciate the personal experience you share. That often tells much more than a textbook the drs use. I have an appointment jan 9 and I am supposed to have two blood draws prior to that. I was going to switch to weekly injects, but did not know whether or not that would make a diff In the bloodwork the doc wanted to see...don't want to get scolded just yet and afraid that's mess up the script he would write me....
I am going to tell him I'd like to do every week at 100mg since I'm biweekly at 200mg now.
Personally I would think a weekly inject would yield the most accurate t level readings in your bloodwork. Everything should be more stable and predictable with weekly injections. I don't understand the need for two blood tests prior to jan 9th. Usually one blood test every 3 months is sufficient. Are you getting the cyp injects for trt only, or are you getting them because its basically legal steroids?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Personally I would think a weekly inject would yield the most accurate t level readings in your bloodwork. Everything should be more stable and predictable with weekly injections. I don't understand the need for two blood tests prior to jan 9th. Usually one blood test every 3 months is sufficient. Are you getting the cyp injects for trt only, or are you getting them because its basically legal steroids?
Trt, but I am hoping to yield the anabolic benefits as well--i lift heavy 3-4 times a week. I'm 27 yrs old and my total test was 192...I have nearly all the symptoms of low t. In regards to the blood work, doc wants to see levels at "peak and trough".

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Trt, but I am hoping to yield the anabolic benefits as well--i lift heavy 3-4 times a week. I'm 27 yrs old and my total test was 192...I have nearly all the symptoms of low t. In regards to the blood work, doc wants to see levels at "peak and trough".
You should yield some anabolic benefits of the trt, but probably nothing like you hope. Depending on how spaced apart your blood tests are after you have "leveled out" it might be possible to hoard and then blast your gear for extreme anabolic benefits. Something to think about anyway.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
with those levels of 192 don't take the knuckleheads advice and blast and hoard. You will be healthier at a stable level and if you have decent genetics your body will respond quite well to high normal test ranges.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Like Matrix says doing shots EOW is very old and does not work very well it puts you on a roller coaster ride up after the dam big shot your going to peak over 1500 on your levels by the 3rd. day then fall very low by your next shot. It's when your levels fall to low we feel like creap. Also doing this big shot most of it is going to tury into Estradiol and high Estraidol levels un dose any good TRT can do for you. It will drive up your SHBG this will bind up your T in your body making it not working. You will have good labs but it will be bound up and not working your Free T will show very low.

This is so old that I can't see why a Dr. would do this it only tells me he is not up on TRT he is reading the insert that comes in the box. And Drug Co.'s are not going to spend the money redoing stuides to change the insert.

Even in the AACE Guildelines on page 11 it states to do shots every 7 to 10 days starting with about 100 mgs and this is very old. Print out page 11 and show this to your Dr.

Even Dr. Shippen who did the book "The Testosterone Syndrome" now does shots to his self every 3 days and his book is dated and in it he was down on shots. Today he feels doing shots E3D helps him keep more leveled and helps keep Estradiol levels down.

And you do need to check your Estraidol levels if they are high you need Arimidex or Aromasin to get this down and keep it down best level is about 20 pg/ml if it's over 30 your going to not feel very good and it can kill your sex life.

After reading Dr. Shippen dose his test C shots E3D I got my Dr. to let me do this and it's the best way I found to do TRT.
https://www.aace.com/sites/default/files/hypogonadism.pdf
Thank you for sharing this. I may print and bring it to my next alt. I am very concerned about Estrogen, but the doctor I see will not test for it right now as he doesn't feel it's "necessary". I mentioned the two AI meds you listed, but he dismissed it. I've looked at OTC options, but I know there is nothing that can compare. I've looks online, but you never know what "prescrip" meds like these are legit there.

You are right, he is no up to date and will admit that...unfortunately there aren't many options in my area that hey refer to. I made an apt with and endo...currently see urologist...just for a second opinion on treatment.

I'm very health conscious--as a cancer survivor and 27 I have to be! Just want to make sure I'm getting the best care.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Meant every other week--not bi-weekly.

lboston

lboston

Awards
with those levels of 192 don't take the knuckleheads advice and blast and hoard. You will be healthier at a stable level and if you have decent genetics your body will respond quite well to high normal test ranges.
Ill be happy just to have the energy to play with my almost one year old daughter! I have nearly NO energy most days....before getting blood work done I just thought it was normal being someone who exercised often, teaches special needs children, and has a young child. It just felt/ feels unnaturally tired if that makes sense.

If it does help in the gym, Anything would certainly be icing on the cake. Genetics are good--other than being short an having cancer when I was younger. I always gain strength and size easily. I'm 5'6 and 198...squatted 405 for 3 sets of 4 the other day so strength I'm comfortable with...but still working on. It would be nice to tone up a bit?