dhea

  1. New Member
    boxerboy29's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    52
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    70%

    dhea


    hi guys


    is dhea supplements any good at all?

    what do they do?

    do they help with libido?
    do they raise estrogen levels?

    as only cheap form health shops and seem to help alot of people....

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerboy29 View Post
    hi guys


    is dhea supplements any good at all?

    what do they do?

    do they help with libido?
    do they raise estrogen levels?

    as only cheap form health shops and seem to help alot of people....
    I am starting to look now at both DHEA and DHEA-s in the serum. For people that have low DHEA-S and high DHEA in the serum usually means their sulfuration pathways in the liver may be blocked for several reasons. I have begun to look for the correlation between the effect of the GI tract, the liver into these imbalances. The results are still anedoctal, but very promosing. When consulting one of most knowledgable resources in this area Dr Peter Rouse he highly agreed that medical professionals need to be looking factors effecting conversion pathways then giving hormones. He agreed concurred one the fact look to conversion steps. With making advances in nutrigenomics the more abstract thinking health professionals are looking into alteration in DNA Gene expression. Common with this problem I am highly suspecting multation with in the SULT1A gene which helps conversion of sulfuration pathway in the liver. I am know exploring area to why this is occuring in each individual case. May be in the future DHEA supplementation may not be needed as once thought in male HRT or in general.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,675
    Rep Power
    64118
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerboy29 View Post
    hi guys


    is dhea supplements any good at all?

    what do they do?

    do they help with libido?
    do they raise estrogen levels?

    as only cheap form health shops and seem to help alot of people....
    AS men age, their DHEA and testosterone levels decline. Also when men are prescribed TRT -- blood levels of Dhea and dhea-s decline as well.

    Dhea can convert to different inter mediate and target hormones through different pathways. But yes for most people they will raise libido and estradiol levels too.

    We just came out with AndroDrive which is dhea and pregenolone attached to fatty acid esters and absorbed superior to regular capsules. It is marketed as a "neorological androgen" and from user feedback the neuro boosting effects have come to life. Increased energy for taking on daily activities, almost like an adhd medication.

    As a side benefit favorable body composition changes can be achieved as well.

    As the poster above mentioned Dr Peter Rouse, happens to be a great customer of our androgen products.

    -Matt
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    AS men age, their DHEA and testosterone levels decline. Also when men are prescribed TRT -- blood levels of Dhea and dhea-s decline as well.

    Dhea can convert to different inter mediate and target hormones through different pathways. But yes for most people they will raise libido and estradiol levels too.

    We just came out with AndroDrive which is dhea and pregenolone attached to fatty acid esters and absorbed superior to regular capsules. It is marketed as a "neorological androgen" and from user feedback the neuro boosting effects have come to life. Increased energy for taking on daily activities, almost like an adhd medication.

    As a side benefit favorable body composition changes can be achieved as well.

    As the poster above mentioned Dr Peter Rouse, happens to be a great customer of our androgen products.

    -Matt
    For the general population I would agree 100%
    In the population which Drs and I are dealing with there are a lot of variables which have to be taken into consideration. As Dr Rouse has discussed many indept conversation of the integrity of GI and alteration with in the liver pathways which are highly over looked in modern medicine. I under stand when DHEA and DHEA-s levels are low, but cases I tend to deal with Dr's are the complete opposite. I understand HRT depletes DHEA-S and using pregenolone and DHEA to help back fill those pathways. I am just thinking out side the box for people who may not follow the norm. As I deal more these cases, they are showing up more and more. Majority of cases I am dealing with are ex steroid users who trying to rebalance their bodies with HRT, but still have deeper issue which they are exploring with their DR and I.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    168
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerboy29 View Post
    hi guys


    is dhea supplements any good at all?

    what do they do?

    do they help with libido?
    do they raise estrogen levels?

    as only cheap form health shops and seem to help alot of people....
    I have seen reports of DHEA helping people but like TRT it seems to downregulate natural production so after a while you need more. Long term I wonder if this is really a good way to go. I think it would be much better if you can figure out why your levels are low to begin with and see if something can be done about it. If not I would still look for other ways to help.
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    I have seen reports of DHEA helping people but like TRT it seems to downregulate natural production so after a while you need more. Long term I wonder if this is really a good way to go. I think it would be much better if you can figure out why your levels are low to begin with and see if something can be done about it. If not I would still look for other ways to help.
    Amen, Looking for why levels are low is always first step. Low DHEA is usually due to prolonged stress, infections, thyroid, immune imbalances, as well as insulin.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 7-oxo-DHEA and 7-keto-DHEA doses
    By nattydisaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 02:37 AM
  2. DHEA vs 7-keto DHEA
    By grigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
  3. Life Extension DHEA Supplements: DHEA vs. 7-Keto DHEA?
    By steve999 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
  4. Difference between pharmacy compounded DHEA and online DHEA?
    By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 04:01 PM
  5. SD,Transdermal DHEA/7oxo DHEA cycle plan
    By Mach .78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in