Sexual Dysfunction, No Libido, Depression-The Matrix and Others

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. hitest- sorry for such a late reply. I've been away from these boards for a while getting things sorted out and I no longer use the email that was attached to this account.

    I took the nutreval back in mid December. Had the results early January and then had a phone consult with the matrix to go over the results and what they mean. We went over the results and he made some recommendations as far as diet and supplementation. The test is expensive and the whole processfor getting the kit in and samples taken is a pain in the ass, but when it comes to health, I was more than willing to do it.

    Was it worth it? Im not sure. Right now I am on a anti-yeast diet and supplements that are really nothing special aside from being uber-expensive. I have noticed better bowel movements and sleep, this after elimnating all sugars, coffee, and alcohol. After two months on the diet, I still have anxiety, foggy brain, and no social life nor desire to socialize. I have even less motivation to workout on this diet as well. I have noticed that my libido is a bit better, but still not where it should be. One good thing is that I am getting more frequent morning erections.

    It is expensive, and unfortunately I have only one use for it now and that is with the matrix. The test results say that I am fine in many things, but matrix says otherwise. In the future I will try to consult with others that can interpret it, but right now I have spent a lot of money and need to take things easy. Soon I will try to have my mercury fillings removed, but that is something that I was planning on before tis test and the consult.

    hitest- you seem to have a pretty good handle on where you are with your health. I'm also curious to see what you end up doing. Good luck to you.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    hitest- sorry for such a late reply. I've been away from these boards for a while getting things sorted out and I no longer use the email that was attached to this account.

    I took the nutreval back in mid December. Had the results early January and then had a phone consult with the matrix to go over the results and what they mean. We went over the results and he made some recommendations as far as diet and supplementation. The test is expensive and the whole processfor getting the kit in and samples taken is a pain in the ass, but when it comes to health, I was more than willing to do it.

    Was it worth it? Im not sure. Right now I am on a anti-yeast diet and supplements that are really nothing special aside from being uber-expensive. I have noticed better bowel movements and sleep, this after elimnating all sugars, coffee, and alcohol. After two months on the diet, I still have anxiety, foggy brain, and no social life nor desire to socialize. I have even less motivation to workout on this diet as well. I have noticed that my libido is a bit better, but still not where it should be. One good thing is that I am getting more frequent morning erections.

    It is expensive, and unfortunately I have only one use for it now and that is with the matrix. The test results say that I am fine in many things, but matrix says otherwise. In the future I will try to consult with others that can interpret it, but right now I have spent a lot of money and need to take things easy. Soon I will try to have my mercury fillings removed, but that is something that I was planning on before tis test and the consult.
    hitest- you seem to have a pretty good handle on where you are with your health. I'm also curious to see what you end up doing. Good luck to you.
    It is just a starting point as things progress,slowly things will be reduced. Remember you are just supporting all the issues which are being blocked up by mercury, It is a known fact one can not get rid of bad bacteria till you get rid of the mercury, right now you just keeping things at bay the best you can. Be thankful, I had to go through over $70,000 of life savings and lossing 7 years of my life just to find out what I already knew, but could not prove it to drs because they where so bullheaded, just want to give me antidepressants and other unnecessary meds. It is not an easy task, for all and all you have made improvements where are much further then you where 2-3 months ago. I can not emphasize to people, It did not happen over night and will not get resolved over night. Majority of people have spent $10,000's traveling to specialized Dr's and still not getting any progress for years. As noted in cases like these it can take up to 6 months or longer really to see the true benefits. Its only been 3 months, modifcations will be made along the way to accompany your needs very easily. Remember once the cells recieve the proper changes which can take 2-3 months then the cells have to recycle and heal the damage at the tissue level which can take 6 months or longer. Children with autism can take years to make progress. It just takes patients and keep moving in the right direction which you are with what progression has been seen already. Several hours are also spent out side reviewing cases with medical professionals who are also well respected in the field who I use frequently to get their imput on things and vice versa. This is why having a huge network of diverse medical professionals is crucial who are willing to work together for the benefit of client/ Dr's patient.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    It is just a starting point as things progress,slowly things will be reduced. Remember you are just supporting all the issues which are being blocked up by mercury, It is a known fact one can not get rid of bad bacteria till you get rid of the mercury, right now you just keeping things at bay the best you can. Be thankful, I had to go through over $70,000 of life savings and lossing 7 years of my life just to find out what I already knew, but could not prove it to drs because they where so bullheaded, just want to give me antidepressants and other unnecessary meds. It is not an easy task, for all and all you have made improvements where are much further then you where 2-3 months ago. I can not emphasize to people, It did not happen over night and will not get resolved over night. Majority of people have spent $10,000's traveling to specialized Dr's and still not getting any progress for years. As noted in cases like these it can take up to 6 months or longer really to see the true benefits. Its only been 3 months, modifcations will be made along the way to accompany your needs very easily. Remember once the cells recieve the proper changes which can take 2-3 months then the cells have to recycle and heal the damage at the tissue level which can take 6 months or longer. Children with autism can take years to make progress. It just takes patients and keep moving in the right direction which you are with what progression has been seen already. Several hours are also spent out side reviewing cases with medical professionals who are also well respected in the field who I use frequently to get their imput on things and vice versa. This is why having a huge network of diverse medical professionals is crucial who are willing to work together for the benefit of client/ Dr's patient.
    I do like some of the supps, I should have worded my previous post differently. A few I like, while others I could care less for. I agree, I have to remember that the mercury is potentially a big buffer to progress right now. I think maybe I shouldn't be voicing my frustrations too much as my mind is in a chronic state of stress. The truth is that I am seeing very slow, but steady progress, but its hard to remember that. I get so caught up in the things that are wrong and everything else that I have to do, and the time needed to get better. The slow progress makes me feel as if there is no progres at all sometimes, but I agree with you that this will take time. Your quote above but somethings into better perspective.

    A big problem, as we discussed, is my inability to function without coffee/caffeine. Since I reintroduced coffee, some symptoms have gotten worse i.e. worsening bowel movements, anxiety, insomnia, lack of sleep. I did get more work done while I was on it (for about a week), but at the cost of what I think is a set back (these symptoms). I stopped the coffee last weekend and started with the acetyl l tyrosine and doubled the dose recently, but it is not doing a damn thing. It seems like a lot of supplements for as long time don't do much for me, the ALT being another one. I need to do something about the dopamine reward pathway, so that I can stay motivated and yet not suffer the side effects that I mentioned. I still have 2/3 of deprenyl citrate which I haven't taken since last year. Do you think I can start on that? What would be a good dosage/protocol fo it? The fact that it is sublingual alone should mean better efficacy than the ALT.

  4. Some times giving substrates may not help because the problem is at the receptor level. Let me do some research then hit you up an email.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  5. Appears to be the case with me in terms of the substrates not working. Let me know what you find.

    Knowing that this healing will take time it is still frustrating because I had more energy and a better mood, albeit more inflammation, when I was eating sugars and complex carbs, and drinking coffee with real sugar in it. I've been burning ketones for a while now, but it doesn't seem to be enough on it's own--the body feels stronger, yet the mind feels weaker.

    And I have a lack of satiety from my veg, meat and fat meals which I can stop if I eat tubers.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    Appears to be the case with me in terms of the substrates not working. Let me know what you find.

    Knowing that this healing will take time it is still frustrating because I had more energy and a better mood, albeit more inflammation, when I was eating sugars and complex carbs, and drinking coffee with real sugar in it. I've been burning ketones for a while now, but it doesn't seem to be enough on it's own--the body feels stronger, yet the mind feels weaker.

    And I have a lack of satiety from my veg, meat and fat meals which I can stop if I eat tubers.
    Healing the body is the easier part, healing the mind is much more of a challenge. One needs to have a strong mind in order to complete the healing process. Give me something to work on for the next few days.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  7. Did your research tell you anything?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    Did your research tell you anything?
    A lot of medical Dr's where off today should be in office tomorrow..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  9. OK let me know. I'm curious to see what they say.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    OK let me know. I'm curious to see what they say.
    They said its most likely the inablity to turn over dopamine or it could be from just mental stress which is also shown to elevate it in clincal studies. I have been working on revamping things cutting down on alot of things to make things more manageable.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  11. OK so how do I fix it? What pisses me off is that with all the money I have spent, all the effort, and the labs, I still don't know what the hell is going on.

    There won't be another consult. The second consult was a huge dissapointment. You recommended things that didn't make sense and made me doubt that you know what you are doing. I think you did help point me in the right direction in terms of the gut, I'll give you that. Thank you. I'll take it from here.

  12. /thread

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    OK so how do I fix it? What pisses me off is that with all the money I have spent, all the effort, and the labs, I still don't know what the hell is going on.

    There won't be another consult. The second consult was a huge dissapointment. You recommended things that didn't make sense and made me doubt that you know what you are doing. I think you did help point me in the right direction in terms of the gut, I'll give you that. Thank you. I'll take it from here.
    Your right I would have not had another one either because you know what you have to do, and I understand your frustration. I took you as far as I could. Now the rest is up to you..
    If people only knew half a clue what I go through to get the proper information. While other people where spending holiday weekend with their familys I had the opportunity to talk to one of the worlds leading specialist in functional medicine Dr Rouse. After spending a good hour of my time and his on a weekend (when he is available majority of the time), it was obvious what needs to be done. He even suggested to tigthen up on the diet even more. For a person to see him ($500+/hour). I am very lucky to have access to him as he not only helps me with cases, but also has helped me with my own issues in the past by putting me in the right direction to research in order to learn and better my self to help others. During the next few days I spoke to a DR of neurology(one of the most respected in the field), ND, my MD, to get their feed back on things as well. Every one been saying the same thing I have been saying from the start. One can only support the systems (GI, liver, ect) until the metabolic road blocks are removed. With out the inability to get deeper into the issue through proper testing, there is only speculation that there may be a possible viral load (lyme, ect). We all did agree on when heavy metals are involved it can throw a monkey wrench into the whole HPTA system and other organs. The blood tests could be perfect, but could result in a functional deficeincy from binding of metals to receptor sites, or even hormones it self. It is a known fact unless you get rid of the heavy metals, your immune system will always be compromised and open to any opportunistic infections. Just alone time talking to these people would have been several hundred dollars. Information I provides come from the best resources in the world. Before making any recommendations to a Dr to their patient, I review it with other medical professionals if I am unsure to get there feed back. You may not turning dopamine over or it is a sign of mental stress and anxiety causing a catecholamine release. If a person was to take a drug to increase dopamine levels and they where to have a negative effect then it would be obvious the problem was not in the level, but rather in the ability to turn it over properly at the receptor sites. What you asked me the other day this would answer your question. If one decides to do this then any kind of precursor for dopamine would not be a good idea as this could put you into a bliss state which is very dangerous from excessive of dopamine. Personally its a real gamble, I would not recommend it. Using OTC subrates to build and help dopamine levels are one thing when messing with drugs is completely another. Which is highly unadvisable.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    hitest- sorry for such a late reply. I've been away from these boards for a while getting things sorted out and I no longer use the email that was attached to this account.

    I took the nutreval back in mid December. Had the results early January and then had a phone consult with the matrix to go over the results and what they mean. We went over the results and he made some recommendations as far as diet and supplementation. The test is expensive and the whole processfor getting the kit in and samples taken is a pain in the ass, but when it comes to health, I was more than willing to do it.

    Was it worth it? Im not sure. Right now I am on a anti-yeast diet and supplements that are really nothing special aside from being uber-expensive. I have noticed better bowel movements and sleep, this after elimnating all sugars, coffee, and alcohol. After two months on the diet, I still have anxiety, foggy brain, and no social life nor desire to socialize. I have even less motivation to workout on this diet as well. I have noticed that my libido is a bit better, but still not where it should be. One good thing is that I am getting more frequent morning erections.

    It is expensive, and unfortunately I have only one use for it now and that is with the matrix. The test results say that I am fine in many things, but matrix says otherwise. In the future I will try to consult with others that can interpret it, but right now I have spent a lot of money and need to take things easy. Soon I will try to have my mercury fillings removed, but that is something that I was planning on before tis test and the consult.

    hitest- you seem to have a pretty good handle on where you are with your health. I'm also curious to see what you end up doing. Good luck to you.
    Thanks for the updates. I've been away from the boards for a while too. I was looking for a new job. Now that I have a new position I am back poking around. I'm not surprised that you did not solve all your problems already but at least it seems that you made some progress. These are typically hard problems. Diagnostic testing has not advanced far enough to reveal all. I was hoping you would post specific test results that were abnormal. I presume that some of these were indicating gut yeast issues based on your diet changes. Do you have a normal blood counts?

  15. in each case of high shbg I have dealt with there have been issues with major gut dysbiosis/ and or heavy metal issues which has been identifed or the people are on thyroid meds which just increased the. I have cases I am working on shbg are >130 it's mind boggling even with having TT of >1200 without supplementation. When trying to manipulate shbg the T drops..T and shbg are in direct lock step..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  16. My situation sounds very similiar. where did you get the deprynel citrate from? How is everything going now

  17. Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    Thanks for the updates. I've been away from the boards for a while too. I was looking for a new job. Now that I have a new position I am back poking around. I'm not surprised that you did not solve all your problems already but at least it seems that you made some progress. These are typically hard problems. Diagnostic testing has not advanced far enough to reveal all. I was hoping you would post specific test results that were abnormal. I presume that some of these were indicating gut yeast issues based on your diet changes. Do you have a normal blood counts?
    Yeah, I'm looking for a job right now too. I don't know if I have a normal blood count (honestly), I can check the nutreval though. I have other test results like a thyroid panel, SHBG, Cortisol/DHEA and Vitamin D that I can post as well when I have more time. I'm thinking of getting a MTHFR test done.

    As far as the nutreval, It is a lot of information on a pdf. If you want I can post specific things from the test, for example, the gut yeast indicators, if Matrix can refresh my memory as to which ones they were...

    Quote Originally Posted by jsals22 View Post
    My situation sounds very similiar. where did you get the deprynel citrate from? How is everything going now
    Somedays are better than others. I'm still isolating a lot. I feel angry and irritable. Cannot function well without coffee/caffeine. Trying to stay positive...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jsals22 View Post
    My situation sounds very similiar. where did you get the deprynel citrate from? How is everything going now
    I wouldn't actually recommend the deprenyl citrate, because I just do not know if it works or what bad sides it causes, but if you want I can send you a PM with a link.

  19. These are my other recent labs:

    Cortisol Panel
    8am- 5.03 ng/ml in 3.5-6.3 range
    Noon- 2.25 ng/ml in 1.4-2.8
    4pm- 1.37 ng/ml in 0.8-2.4
    8pm- 1.01 ng/ml in 0.6-1.6
    Midnight- 0.82ng/ml 0.3-1.2
    4am- 1.80 ng/ml 0.3-1.7

    DHEA
    8am- 3.0 ng/ml in 2.8-12.7 range
    8pm- 2.2 ng/ml in 2.7-9.0
    Midnight- 2.0 ng/ml in 1.8-8.1

    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab006676 7 in 0-34 IU/mL range
    Antithyroglobulin Ab006692 <20 in 0-40 IU/mL

    TSH+T4F+T3Free
    TSH004264 0.664 in 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL range
    Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum010 389 4 in 2.0-4.4 pg/mL
    T4,Free(Direct)019745 1.42 in 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

    Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 282 in 250-450 ug/dL range
    UIBC- LOW- 89 in 150-375 ug/dL
    Iron- HIGH- 193 in 40-155 ug/dL
    Iron Saturation- HIGH- 68 in 15-55%
    Ferritin- 73 in 30-400 ng/mL

    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy range
    40.3 in 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

    Transferrin- 245 in 200-370 mg/dL range

    Sex Horm Binding Glob- HIGH- 102.0 in 16.5-55.9 nmol/L range

    If you guys/gals can suggest anything that would be great.

  20. Stinging nettles supposed to help lower shbg along w avena sativa

  21. Would lowering SHBG be a good thing? As it may lower TT. Vitamin D is supposed to lower it as well and I have been taking 5000i.u. since that last test. I can look into stinging nettle and avena sativa, but I am already taking lots of supps.

    Matrix thinks high SHBG is an indicator of gut inflammation. My diet and supps should help reduce the inflammation, but that will take time. I need to do something now to get my life back to a place where I can at least feel decent, have some motivation (without caffeine), socialization, better sleep, increase libido/having sex again--enjouying my youth or whatever I have left of it because right now I feel like I am wasting much of it away.

  22. Our situations sound very similiar. Actually getting ready to go back to dr to get more extensive bloodwork today. Pretty much at my wits end sure you know the feeling. Just want to feel normal

  23. Yeah man I totally know it. Desperate times, got to keep plugging away at this. Won't give up the fight.

  24. Dr took more bloodwork and prescribed me an anti anxiety and once a day cialis, hopefully helps

  25. Been down that road. Levitra and anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds. Now I am trying to get to the root cause instead of taking meds like these which cause bad sides. I guess that stuff can help you get by until your bloodwork gets in and you can investigate further. Just try not to become reliant on the cialis. I have no experience with cialis or the once a day stuff, maybe it is different. The levitra worked for me, but made me red in the face and uncomfortable. Good luck and keep us posted.

  26. high T + LH = Mais.I told you before but you don't listen to me.

  27. High LH means that your brain thinks your T is low and your nuts aren't producing enough.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    These are my other recent labs:

    Cortisol Panel
    8am- 5.03 ng/ml in 3.5-6.3 range
    Noon- 2.25 ng/ml in 1.4-2.8
    4pm- 1.37 ng/ml in 0.8-2.4
    8pm- 1.01 ng/ml in 0.6-1.6
    Midnight- 0.82ng/ml 0.3-1.2
    4am- 1.80 ng/ml 0.3-1.7

    DHEA
    8am- 3.0 ng/ml in 2.8-12.7 range
    8pm- 2.2 ng/ml in 2.7-9.0
    Midnight- 2.0 ng/ml in 1.8-8.1

    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab006676 7 in 0-34 IU/mL range
    Antithyroglobulin Ab006692 <20 in 0-40 IU/mL

    TSH+T4F+T3Free
    TSH004264 0.664 in 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL range
    Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum010 389 4 in 2.0-4.4 pg/mL
    T4,Free(Direct)019745 1.42 in 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

    Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 282 in 250-450 ug/dL range
    UIBC- LOW- 89 in 150-375 ug/dL
    Iron- HIGH- 193 in 40-155 ug/dL
    Iron Saturation- HIGH- 68 in 15-55%
    Ferritin- 73 in 30-400 ng/mL

    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy range
    40.3 in 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

    Transferrin- 245 in 200-370 mg/dL range

    Sex Horm Binding Glob- HIGH- 102.0 in 16.5-55.9 nmol/L range

    If you guys/gals can suggest anything that would be great.

    If you think that you have gut inflamation why not switch to a protein and fat diet with some natural fruit sprinkled in there. Most gut issues are due to grains. Fruit for the most part is well tolerated by almost everyone.
    Second, since you have dopamine issues try dostinex or caber. Start at .5mg a week and up it to 1mg.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    If you think that you have gut inflamation why not switch to a protein and fat diet with some natural fruit sprinkled in there. Most gut issues are due to grains. Fruit for the most part is well tolerated by almost everyone.
    Second, since you have dopamine issues try dostinex or caber. Start at .5mg a week and up it to 1mg.
    Most likely dealing with major inflammation with in liver or GI tract.
    Would also rule out hemochromatosis with your DR which could be causing inflammation to raise SHBG.
    Vitamin D is down need 8-10,000 ius of emulsified form
    Immune system is taken a beating from some type of pathogen. possible mold or myctoxins

    What type of house do you live in or how old is the house.

    Genetically our immune systems are weaker then past 10-15 years, just in the last 5 years I have seen a radical change in immune compromise. People are getting more chemically and food senstiive with no rational explanation. Reason why? Food, water, air we consume is altered genetic expression for the worst. Autism is 1 in 88 now ...Duh I wonder why?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Most likely dealing with major inflammation with in liver or GI tract.
    Would also rule out hemochromatosis with your DR which could be causing inflammation to raise SHBG.
    Vitamin D is down need 8-10,000 ius of emulsified form
    Immune system is taken a beating from some type of pathogen. possible mold or myctoxins

    What type of house do you live in or how old is the house.

    Genetically our immune systems are weaker then past 10-15 years, just in the last 5 years I have seen a radical change in immune compromise. People are getting more chemically and food senstiive with no rational explanation. Reason why? Food, water, air we consume is altered genetic expression for the worst. Autism is 1 in 88 now ...Duh I wonder why?
    The food source is a joke, primarely because I think in order to make more profits companies modify the heck out of it and adding all kind of chemicals to add test, color etc.
    I also have read some studies in northern europe where lack of vitamin d in some cases had either destroyed or impaired beta cells from producing insulin so from birth ppl end up with type 1 diabetes. I do believe vit D is very important for cell function.
    You know now that you mention it there are more and more cases of ppl geting sick. I have the pleasure of dealing with some HS kids and I just learned that the HS has a phyc on staff!
    I asked them why?
    That's because many kids has learnning disability and behavior problems in other words autistic that they need constant help. I was floored when I heard that.
    Such different times than when I grew up
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 06:06 AM
  2. Sexual sides- Libido
    By MadMas in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 03:43 AM
  3. dysfunction from test?
    By bigred869 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Log in
Log in