Arimidex, Aromasin or Letrozole?

  1. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Arimidex, Aromasin or Letrozole?


    I not longer recommend Aromasin to keep Estradiol levels down. I have been on it 11 months now and I am finding the longer I am on it the more I need.

    I posted around about this happening and got a lot of reply's from other men saying they had the same problems.

    I have been on TRT over 30 yrs about 12 yrs ago I figured out most of my problems with not doing good on TRT were due to high Estradiol levels.

    So I started out on Arimidex this med worked great but as time went on it lost it's effect. Now I can't say if this is just me or the med.

    But I got to the point I needed a 1 mg. pill / day of Arimidex to keep my levels down. When my levels go up I have an old Panic Problem from childhood and the feelings of Estradiol going high set me off with Panic feelings and at time a bad Panic Attack.

    I would take 1 mg. of Arimidex in the morning and the rebound effect that happens to us men after being on Arimidex for some time would hit me by bed time and I would be high again. It just seams nuts to me to need 1 mg. of Arimidex every 12 hrs.

    So the first of the yr. I talked my Dr. into letting me try Aromasin. I started out at one half a pill E3D and in time I needed more.

    Now from what I read about Aromasin it kills Aromatase and if you go to low it will take longer for your Estraidol levels to come back up. So most Dr.'s don't what to give this out to men.

    But here is what I found being on it about a yr. The longer I am on it the more I needed and my Dr. told me yesterday he has other men having the same problem with Aromasin. Yesterday I did my E3D shot of Test C 70 mgs. And over that day I needed Aromasin 25 mgs every 4 hrs to keep the panic feels and sweating down. So that was 4 pills in one day it just is not working anymore.

    The men I talked to that had the same problem switched to Letrozole and this is what I am going to do switch to Letrozole it is said to be the strongest Aromatase Inhibitor out there I don't know if anyone is having this problem but if you are please reply to this post.

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    I not longer recommend Aromasin to keep Estradiol levels down. I have been on it 11 months now and I am finding the longer I am on it the more I need.

    I posted around about this happening and got a lot of reply's from other men saying they had the same problems.

    I have been on TRT over 30 yrs about 12 yrs ago I figured out most of my problems with not doing good on TRT were due to high Estradiol levels.

    So I started out on Arimidex this med worked great but as time went on it lost it's effect. Now I can't say if this is just me or the med.

    But I got to the point I needed a 1 mg. pill / day of Arimidex to keep my levels down. When my levels go up I have an old Panic Problem from childhood and the feelings of Estradiol going high set me off with Panic feelings and at time a bad Panic Attack.

    I would take 1 mg. of Arimidex in the morning and the rebound effect that happens to us men after being on Arimidex for some time would hit me by bed time and I would be high again. It just seams nuts to me to need 1 mg. of Arimidex every 12 hrs.

    So the first of the yr. I talked my Dr. into letting me try Aromasin. I started out at one half a pill E3D and in time I needed more.

    Now from what I read about Aromasin it kills Aromatase and if you go to low it will take longer for your Estraidol levels to come back up. So most Dr.'s don't what to give this out to men.

    But here is what I found being on it about a yr. The longer I am on it the more I needed and my Dr. told me yesterday he has other men having the same problem with Aromasin. Yesterday I did my E3D shot of Test C 70 mgs. And over that day I needed Aromasin 25 mgs every 4 hrs to keep the panic feels and sweating down. So that was 4 pills in one day it just is not working anymore.

    The men I talked to that had the same problem switched to Letrozole and this is what I am going to do switch to Letrozole it is said to be the strongest Aromatase Inhibitor out there I don't know if anyone is having this problem but if you are please reply to this post.
    I have been recommending aromasin to a lot of Dr's and they been having positive feed back from it. I think there may be underlying individual factor which may be causing this abnormal fluctuations in estrogens. Personally I would drop HCG and just run on T in people with cases with e2 sensitvity. It would just reduce the variables which ones needs to content with. I know that some interaction with certain meds may alter the cytochrome 450 and how the liver may metabolize certain drugs. I would look into this avenue. I bet you Jansz could find some correlation between what medications may be be interfering with the body's ability to utiize the Aromasin. I would also look at what changed in your current regime of meds and what was a possible reprocussion of side effect of that change. If this is doing it with other drugs tells me there is an underlying mechanism which may not be related to the aromasin, but something else. With letzerol, that will kill estrodial like anything else which makes it incredible hard to properly dial in if one has abnormal fluctuations.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I stopped HCG about 5 weeks ago remember when I told you I mixed a new batch and took my normal shots and it put me into a full Panic Attack so bad all I could do is sit for 6 hrs. At this time I was doing one pill of Aromasin every other day.

    The only thing that changed was my Pain med I was on Vicodin for my pain starting the first of the yr. And it gave me a bad bladder infection that went onto my kidneys. We tired 5 kinds of antibiotics that did not work until we changed my pain med.

    So about 3 months ago I went on Norco 3x's /day but we can't see how this can have an effect on my Estraidol levels and I was needing more and more Aromasin as time went on long befor changing the pain meds.

    My Dr. was thinking the new pain meds Norco was lowering my Testosterone levels so he had me do shots 40 mgs everyday for 2 weeks. He was wrong all this did was make the Estraidol problem worse now I need 4 pills of generic Aromasin / day and I still have very good and hard Rem Sleep Wood all night long so I am not going to low.

    So I am back on my old dose of TRT and my Dr. ordered the none generic Aromasin he is thinking the generic is no good. If the real Aromasin dose not work then we are going on letzerol.

    And I am not the only one having this problem I have about 5 guys that posted back to me at diff. forums that the aromasin they were on for about a yr. stopped working for them.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    I stopped HCG about 5 weeks ago remember when I told you I mixed a new batch and took my normal shots and it put me into a full Panic Attack so bad all I could do is sit for 6 hrs. At this time I was doing one pill of Aromasin every other day.

    The only thing that changed was my Pain med I was on Vicodin for my pain starting the first of the yr. And it gave me a bad bladder infection that went onto my kidneys. We tired 5 kinds of antibiotics that did not work until we changed my pain med.

    So about 3 months ago I went on Norco 3x's /day but we can't see how this can have an effect on my Estraidol levels and I was needing more and more Aromasin as time went on long befor changing the pain meds.

    My Dr. was thinking the new pain meds Norco was lowering my Testosterone levels so he had me do shots 40 mgs everyday for 2 weeks. He was wrong all this did was make the Estraidol problem worse now I need 4 pills of generic Aromasin / day and I still have very good and hard Rem Sleep Wood all night long so I am not going to low.

    So I am back on my old dose of TRT and my Dr. ordered the none generic Aromasin he is thinking the generic is no good. If the real Aromasin dose not work then we are going on letzerol.

    And I am not the only one having this problem I have about 5 guys that posted back to me at diff. forums that the aromasin they were on for about a yr. stopped working for them.
    I have been wondering about generic as well because I took a brand name 1/2 one day and felt incredible. My girl saw the gleam in my eye and body was fucntioning better as well. Now since taking generic till I get my GI balanced I did not get that response.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Medco pushs you to buy the generic it's cost is $20 for 90 pills to get the none Generic Aromasin my cost is $120 for 90 pills. There are a number of meds I can't take the generic one is the generic to Synthroid.
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Medco pushs you to buy the generic it's cost is $20 for 90 pills to get the none Generic Aromasin my cost is $120 for 90 pills. There are a number of meds I can't take the generic one is the generic to Synthroid.
    Is yours a new batch by chance of aromasin you got? May be got bad batch
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I called medco this morning to check and see if they got the new script of none generic Aromasin and I was told all I needed to do was call them and tell them the generic was not working and order the none generic Aromasin. So it's coming in a few days I can't see how anyone could take 4 pills of Exemestane (Aromasin) 25 mg. and not go to low. It's just not working unless the new pain med is keeping the E2 out of my cells in my blood and it's not getting washed out by my liver. Yet no where dose it say Norco has a side that dose this and I am down to one half a pill 3x's a day of Norco. This morning I am feeling some pain not bad though and yesterday I was out walking a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Is yours a new batch by chance of aromasin you got? May be got bad batch
  8. New Member
    RPHMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    60.64%

    I have seen at least one study (can't remember where) that made a link between opiate pain meds and testosterone/estradiol issues, but it was not very significant and should not have enough of an effect to not allow the Aromasin to work. I would do some checking into liver issues and get on a good probiotic supplement if your not already. The gut bacteria have an impact on estradiol metabolism/excretion.
  9. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thanks but we are on top of my liver and gut all is good. I do feel this pain med is keeping the E2 on the blood as if fills the cells not letting E2 in. So it is getting much better as I lower the dose of Norco I am down to one half a pill 3x's /day or every 8 hrs.

    Today is the 3rd. day on the lower dose and my flashing and panic is way down not and I am getting by today on only 2 pills of Aromasin but I do my Test C shot in the morning so we will see how bad it gets after the next shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPHMark View Post
    I have seen at least one study (can't remember where) that made a link between opiate pain meds and testosterone/estradiol issues, but it was not very significant and should not have enough of an effect to not allow the Aromasin to work. I would do some checking into liver issues and get on a good probiotic supplement if your not already. The gut bacteria have an impact on estradiol metabolism/excretion.
  10. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by RPHMark View Post
    I have seen at least one study (can't remember where) that made a link between opiate pain meds and testosterone/estradiol issues, but it was not very significant and should not have enough of an effect to not allow the Aromasin to work. I would do some checking into liver issues and get on a good probiotic supplement if your not already. The gut bacteria have an impact on estradiol metabolism/excretion.
    I have been saying that for years, but.people total over looked it. Heal the gi tract estrodial level may come down. May be after 5 years people.will finally get the message.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Not everyone has liver and gut problems I don't I had this all checked out a few months ago.

    I don't know any men on TRT over the age of 40 that don't need to take an AI to keep E2 levels down even some of them men not on TRT. I would tell them have your liver and gut checked out they do and it's not the problem. Men over that age of 30 with the crap they put in the food we eat and the water we drink men are ending up with higher levels of E's then there wifes.
    http://www.lef.org/news/LefDailyNews...HealthBulletin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I have been saying that for years, but.people total over looked it. Heal the gi tract estrodial level may come down. May be after 5 years people.will finally get the message.
  12. New Member
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    21.9%

    Loss of effectiveness seems to be a common problem with meds (especially for hormones). You may have noticed my post about my experience with arimidex and aromasin. Arimidex I dropped right away because of the sides. It only took a couple weeks before the benefits of aromasin wore off at a given dosage. I know my E was not going too low with this because my dosage was very low. I was not willing to increase because from the beginning it made me weaker. I felt better after going off the drug.
  13. New Member
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    21.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Medco pushs you to buy the generic it's cost is $20 for 90 pills to get the none Generic Aromasin my cost is $120 for 90 pills. There are a number of meds I can't take the generic one is the generic to Synthroid.
    I have had problems with some generics too. The aromasin I took was Xtane which is the generic version. Now I am wondering if a brand name version would be different.
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Liver and GI issues will not be found on normal blood test. I have several women with occuring UTI infections for years and wondered why. When evalutate further they had major GI imbalance which where total asymptomatic. When GI was rebalanced properly from removing pathogenic bacteria, UTI significantly reduced. Bacteria can travel through out the body easily even from GI to urinary tract.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I got some Aromasin coming none generic I will post if it works better.
  16. New Member
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    21.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Thanks but we are on top of my liver and gut all is good. I do feel this pain med is keeping the E2 on the blood as if fills the cells not letting E2 in. So it is getting much better as I lower the dose of Norco I am down to one half a pill 3x's /day or every 8 hrs.

    Today is the 3rd. day on the lower dose and my flashing and panic is way down not and I am getting by today on only 2 pills of Aromasin but I do my Test C shot in the morning so we will see how bad it gets after the next shot.
    I'm agnostic about your case but I do not believe that anyone has the technology to definitely diagnose gut issues. Most of the time doctors don't even use what little diagnostic capability they do have. For example, did you have your gut permeability tested?

    In my case, I have long standing gut problems that are pretty obvious but these predate my hormonal issues so it is unclear what the relationship is. Perhaps when you get older you become more sensitive to gut issues.
  17. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    I'm agnostic about your case but I do not believe that anyone has the technology to definitely diagnose gut issues. Most of the time doctors don't even use what little diagnostic capability they do have. For example, did you have your gut permeability tested?

    In my case, I have long standing gut problems that are pretty obvious but these predate my hormonal issues so it is unclear what the relationship is. Perhaps when you get older you become more sensitive to gut issues.
    Number of food allergies increase significant in older people, I see this trend alot. Again things can be asymptomatic, but silent inflammation could be the end. When looking for GI I tend to look in stool, blood, and also urine metabolites to confirm there is something there.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Yep that is what my Dr. did he told me my gut is fine and not to worry about all this I have a lot on my plate Hypopituitary, Statin Drug damage to my muscles and the dam Heart Bypass Surgery I needed. It is just one thing after the other I don't mind the pain as much as this dam panic feelings I get from high E2 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Number of food allergies increase significant in older people, I see this trend alot. Again things can be asymptomatic, but silent inflammation could be the end. When looking for GI I tend to look in stool, blood, and also urine metabolites to confirm there is something there.
  19. New Member
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    21.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Yep that is what my Dr. did he told me my gut is fine and not to worry about all this I have a lot on my plate Hypopituitary, Statin Drug damage to my muscles and the dam Heart Bypass Surgery I needed. It is just one thing after the other I don't mind the pain as much as this dam panic feelings I get from high E2 levels.
    Are you absolutely sure the panic is from high E2?? I ask because panic has often been associated with low E2.

    So far you have tried arimidex, aromasin and progesterone to counter E2. All of which eventually stopped helping.
  20. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Yes I am sure I gage my Estradiol levels by my Rem Sleep Wood when I am to low on E2 I can't get it up taking Viagra.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    Are you absolutely sure the panic is from high E2?? I ask because panic has often been associated with low E2.

    So far you have tried arimidex, aromasin and progesterone to counter E2. All of which eventually stopped helping.
  21. New Member
    zeroshens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    1055
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%

    your post reads like the drug works just fine, for a while. it's long-term treatment for your problem, but it is not a CURE.

    you shouldn't be surprised if your body becomes desensitized to a drug over time. it is also lame that you say you cannot recommned the drug to others, even though you are aware you have a chronic problem with your TvsE levels.

    aromasin/exemestane is a great drug that works well for most people.
  22. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Just an update about this post we found out the pain meds I was on for the pain I have from having been on Statin Drugs was stopping my aromasin/exemestane and Arimidex from working. And now I am on aromasin/exemestane and been off pain meds a long time and the aromasin/exemestane is not wroking fine.

    I only need one half a pill per day on some bad days I will take the other half after 12 hrs. Also due to being on pain meds they slowed down my voiding and I had a bad bladder infection that I did not know about due to being on the pain meds would not feel it.

    I was put on Antibodies meds and they were not working I was on the for 6 refills before we figured out it was the pain meds doing this. Now due to the Antibodies I was on they messed up my gut and thanks to Matrix and his help I am on some supplements that are fixing this problem.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. arimidex vs aromasin during TRT
    By Jupiter in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 08:54 PM
  2. Why do TRT guys use Arimidex instead of Aromasin?
    By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 10:12 PM
  3. Arimidex vs Letrozole
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
  4. Aromasin versus Arimidex
    By CryingEmo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
  5. Aromasin instead of Arimidex because of IGF-1
    By jimmylonghorn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 04:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in