Doctor prescribed Testim gel, I have a few questions

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just got a call from my endo, and he said I have testicular failure. I'm 30 years old, natural bodybuilder ever since I started. He prescribed Testim gel, but I haven't used it yet. He wants me to use it for a month, and then come back in for blood work. I've never used steroids in my life, so I'm not sure why my testicles would fail? Anyway, I would appreciate any advice about this stuff before I use it. I'm prone to hair loss, so is this going to make all my hair fall out? I'm very hesitant at the moment about using this gel, I hope my endo knows what he's talking about. As I posted before, the past bloodwork I had showed my LH was at 17, but my overall testosterone was around 490. So my pituitary was telling my balls to get to work, but they weren't really listening. What can I expect the first few days/week while on the gel? I'm pretty serious into bodybuilding, so will I notice a little more energy in the gym? Should I tell him I'd rather have injections? Thanks for any help!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just got a call from my endo, and he said I have testicular failure. I'm 30 years old, natural bodybuilder ever since I started. He prescribed Testim gel, but I haven't used it yet. He wants me to use it for a month, and then come back in for blood work. I've never used steroids in my life, so I'm not sure why my testicles would fail? Anyway, I would appreciate any advice about this stuff before I use it. I'm prone to hair loss, so is this going to make all my hair fall out? I'm very hesitant at the moment about using this gel, I hope my endo knows what he's talking about. As I posted before, the past bloodwork I had showed my LH was at 17, but my overall testosterone was around 490. So my pituitary was telling my balls to get to work, but they weren't really listening. What can I expect the first few days/week while on the gel? I'm pretty serious into bodybuilding, so will I notice a little more energy in the gym? Should I tell him I'd rather have injections? Thanks for any help!
Being at 490 I would not recommend HRT at this time, I had a few people who had LH elevated for some reasons. Through further in investigation it showed problems with androgen receptors as well as down regulation of cellular signaling. By correcting these imbalance through nutracutical intervention the body was able to response get a better response to the signal. Again these are not every day occurences so results will vary from person to person. One needs to look deeper into issue to find out why things are not working properly before commiting to HRT especially its a life time commitment.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Being at 490 I would not recommend HRT at this time, I had a few people who had LH elevated for some reasons. Through further in investigation it showed problems with androgen receptors as well as down regulation of cellular signaling. By correcting these imbalance through nutracutical intervention the body was able to response get a better response to the signal. Again these are not every day occurences so results will vary from person to person. One needs to look deeper into issue to find out why things are not working properly before commiting to HRT especially its a life time commitment.
Should I do anything to precent hair loss? I guess he's just going to put me on it for a month to see how I respond. I'm kinda afraid all my hair will fall out since I'm prone to hair loss from DHT. I was put on finasteride when I was 21 because my hair line started to recede, and had to quit taking it because it absolutely killed my sex drive 100%. Any other recommendations while on Testim? Anything I should do or take in addition to it?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Should I do anything to precent hair loss? I guess he's just going to put me on it for a month to see how I respond. I'm kinda afraid all my hair will fall out since I'm prone to hair loss from DHT. I was put on finasteride when I was 21 because my hair line started to recede, and had to quit taking it because it absolutely killed my sex drive 100%. Any other recommendations while on Testim? Anything I should do or take in addition to it?
If your DHT levels are low then gels are the way to go, If DHT are elevated then shots. People with fini withdrawl may do better on the gels because of levels being suppressed from drug. I be watching for E2 issues more so then DHT for hair loss. Dealing with fini, I have been exploring the neurological side of things with neurotransmitter testing to see if i can find a correlation. I have a few people with this issue, but as the results roll in should hopefully start to show some kind of trend developing. For hair loss proper monitoring of e2 is crucial not so much DHT unless they are both high then one will feed the other one..

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Are there any other areas I can apply Testim other than shoulders? An area of my thighs has no hair, so I thought it might work better there? Does it have to be applied in the morning , or can I shower at night and then apply it?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Are there any other areas I can apply Testim other than shoulders? An area of my thighs has no hair, so I thought it might work better there? Does it have to be applied in the morning , or can I shower at night and then apply it?
Back of knee caps since the skin is thinner there. If you have childern this will reduce chances of contamination. Unless your Girls is into some kinky things you will be fine after 2 hours. :)

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Back of knee caps since the skin is thinner there. If you have childern this will reduce chances of contamination. Unless your Girls is into some kinky things you will be fine after 2 hours. :)
I decided to try a little bit tonight just to see how I would react to it. I used about 1/4 of the tube, and was surprised how strong the smell is! I put it on, and went to the gym. I could smell it the entire time. Its not a bad smell, just a medicine/cologne mixture type smell. Of course I didn't notice a difference in the way I feel yet, but no side effects so far like rashes or anything. I'll use the rest of the tube tomorrow morning, probably on the back of my knees like you said, I don't want to be smelling like this all day at work.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
Ive been on and off TRT since I was 30.. I came off to father children and then returned back to it afterwards... I use Androgel.. It and Testim are pretty much same thing.. some repsond better to testim vs androgel and vice versa.. Personally I struggle with high e2 levels and have to be very careful not to get gyno..

I have had gyno cut out, got it in 1 nipple AGAIN from tren a few years ago, shrunk it on Letro and here recently it popped up again in a bad way.. The gels are derived from DHT so they can **** with your hairline and your tits if you are prone to certain estro problems....

If you suffer from any erection problems, the gel will aide in this department also.. you will have to weigh the pro's and cons..

I would prefer to go on shots, but my doctor would require me to come see him for each of them and that would cost me $35 a pop.. Hell I can buy a bottle of test for $50.. Damn shame the way the medical system is..

hope this gives you some insight

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Ive been on and off TRT since I was 30.. I came off to father children and then returned back to it afterwards... I use Androgel.. It and Testim are pretty much same thing.. some repsond better to testim vs androgel and vice versa.. Personally I struggle with high e2 levels and have to be very careful not to get gyno..

I have had gyno cut out, got it in 1 nipple AGAIN from tren a few years ago, shrunk it on Letro and here recently it popped up again in a bad way.. The gels are derived from DHT so they can **** with your hairline and your tits if you are prone to certain estro problems....

If you suffer from any erection problems, the gel will aide in this department also.. you will have to weigh the pro's and cons..

I would prefer to go on shots, but my doctor would require me to come see him for each of them and that would cost me $35 a pop.. Hell I can buy a bottle of test for $50.. Damn shame the way the medical system is..

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for any gyno issues. Did you have any problems with testicle shrinkage? If so, did they get back to normal when you went off TRT to have children? Man the smell of this gel is making me wanna puke. lol

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Also, I've been on cabergoline for about a month, should I continue taking it? It was prescribed to me just because my prolactin level was a bit high. For some reason cabergoline made me a lot happier, and totally eliminated my joint pain. Is it ok to take with Testim? Any benefits of taking them together?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Also, I've been on cabergoline for about a month, should I continue taking it? It was prescribed to me just because my prolactin level was a bit high. For some reason cabergoline made me a lot happier, and totally eliminated my joint pain. Is it ok to take with Testim? Any benefits of taking them together?
Happier one is stronger their immune system which can help to control pain and inflammation. Have you looked into why prolactin was high?
Thyroid, MRI, low b-6, zinc, ect.. Can not apply gel before the gym unless its longer then 2-4 hours. When you work out you will be sweating resulting in the gel not being able to be absorbed properly

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Happier one is stronger their immune system which can help to control pain and inflammation. Have you looked into why prolactin was high?
Thyroid, MRI, low b-6, zinc, ect.. Can not apply gel before the gym unless its longer then 2-4 hours. When you work out you will be sweating resulting in the gel not being able to be absorbed properly
The gel was sticky once it dried, and a couple hours later I had to peel my shirt sleeves off my shoulders. Is it still effective if your shirt sticks to the application area? In general how many days/weeks until I notice a difference?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The gel was sticky once it dried, and a couple hours later I had to peel my shirt sleeves off my shoulders. Is it still effective if your shirt sticks to the application area? In general how many days/weeks until I notice a difference?
plasma levels are.reached in a few days. Blood.can be drawn then to see if absorbing. Response can be a few days. Everyone is different.

emantest

emantest

Awards

I started on Androgel about 3 weeks ago and have seen an improvement in energy and a desire to workout. My insurance would not cover, due to my level being around 340. I asked doc to switch to compounded test, much cheaper. What should I be asking my doc when I follow up in 2 weeks. Once the Androgel is done I will switch to the compounded.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I started on Androgel about 3 weeks ago and have seen an improvement in energy and a desire to workout. My insurance would not cover, due to my level being around 340. I asked doc to switch to compounded test, much cheaper. What should I be asking my doc when I follow up in 2 weeks. Once the Androgel is done I will switch to the compounded.
After 7 days on the compounded gels then you retest blood 2 hours after application with DHT, e2, total T, SHBG, bio T, LH