using insulin needle for t shot?

boxerboy29

Awards
hi guys

i am going to be using a insulin needle to keep scare tissue down etc....

how do u use them do u just draw straight up form a 10 ml vial then inject

or is it best to draw up from 10 ml vial with a normal needle and syringe and pop off needle from syringe and draw out oil with insulin needle and shot?

whats the best way
as my insulin needle has a fixed needle

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
hi guys

or is it best to draw up from 10 ml vial with a normal needle and syringe and pop off needle from syringe and draw out oil with insulin needle and shot?

whats the best way
Use draw with big one then pull plunger fill up small one..

CharlosCarlie

Awards
I was using 30g insulin pins and even drawing up 1/2 a cc didn't take much longer than two minutes or so. Definitely worth the extra time IMO since they're pretty much completely painless.

boxerboy29

Awards
think i have completcated things

i bought insulin pins 27 ones 1/2ml i want to inject with them as had enough or big pins and syringes etc.....

can i just stick insulin pin straight in vial draw up then shoot with it etc.....?

or do i use a normal syringe to draw from vial take of the draw needle take my insulin pin and put in to syringe and draw up what i need then shoot?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I use the insulin pin to draw and shoot. It's slow, but no waste between syringes. I inject into delts and sides of outer glutes.

4johnybravo

Awards
i broke an insulin needle off in my leg two yrs ago injecting test p for trt. spent 5 hrs in an e.r. with a realtime x-ray machine looking into my left upper leg and having two nurses try and find it with some tweezers, it eventually worked its way to my leg bone. they numbed it up with some lidocane and epinephrine shots, then called the doctor in to try and fish it out, he got it out in 20 minutes... moral of the story, i now inject with the same insulin needle in my leg but now i only do sub q shots. and my levels stay the same.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i broke an insulin needle off in my leg two yrs ago injecting test p for trt. spent 5 hrs in an e.r. with a realtime x-ray machine looking into my left upper leg and having two nurses try and find it with some tweezers, it eventually worked its way to my leg bone. they numbed it up with some lidocane and epinephrine shots, then called the doctor in to try and fish it out, he got it out in 20 minutes... moral of the story, i now inject with the same insulin needle in my leg but now i only do sub q shots. and my levels stay the same.
I use half inject in shoulder 29 gauge 2 times a week. Works like a charm and has been for the past 5 years.

Onenut

Awards
I use a 21g to load then switch the needle to a BD PrecisionGlide 27G x 1/2 to shoot. I do mine in the outer part of my quads since there is no fat there and the 1/2" is fine for my typical .35 to .45ml injection.

If you are concerned about wasting a little T when switching needles, after you load, pull back on the plunger a little to clear the Test from the 21g needle base - then you wont waste any.

I tried a 28g insulin pin to load and shoot and found that it was a little painful while the setup above works great. I assume it was dull from going through the stopper.

jdub1980

Awards
I've been using 27 and 28 gauge insulin syringes with great results. Started out injecting in thighs and delts. Thigh injections are kinda painful for me, so I started using pecs as a new injection site. Delts and pecs are the best injections sites for insulin syringes IMO.

No need to switch out syringes. I inject with the same syringe I use to draw with and have had no issues. The only benefit from switching syringes is that the new one will be a little sharper and penetrate skin easier. This is really a non-issue when using small gauge syringes.

BTW, I inject 25 units of 200 mg/mL, which is 50 mg, twice a week. I wouldn't recommend injecting more than 50 units or .5 ml at a time with insulin syringes.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
hi guys

whats the best way
test shots are ment for IM (in muscle) insulin pins are NOT a good pick. drop the ide on it already.
ify ou want a smalle rpin get a 25g 1-1.5' long. draw with a 22-23g and then pin with 25g if you must.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Dang, drawing and pinning 1-1.5ml with a slin would take forever!!