life after hyopothyroid treatment

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
How has it affected you hypothyroid people? Anyone have to eat more to maintain mass? How do you feel?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How has it affected you hypothyroid people? Anyone have to eat more to maintain mass? How do you feel?
Every one is different. One thing I will caution you about is in the insert of the drug it tells you. Please do not administer drug, with out checking for adrenal insufficiency. Hardly any medical professionals checks for this as a result people feel good for 2-3 weeks. When t4 starts changing over to t3 the adrenals can not handle the increased metabolism which can result in depression, lack of energy, ect. The Dr's are baffled then send them to a shrink because they do not know what else to do. This is common scenerio I see a lot in the Dr's patients past history. Do not get caught up in this make sure adrenals are evaluated properly by a good DR not an endo.

jdub1980

Awards
I am dealing with hypothyroidism also. Went to doc to get hormone levels checked. TSH and thyroid antibodies came back high and cortisol levels came back in range but on the low side. He put me on Synthroid .75 mg and I started treating adrenal insufficiency with Isocort. I later asked him to put me on Armour thyroid, but he didn't feel comfortable using natural desiccated. Since then, I have ordered Thiroyd from Thailand and am taking 2.5 grains per day. Seems to be working fine.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am dealing with hypothyroidism also. Went to doc to get hormone levels checked. TSH and thyroid antibodies came back high and cortisol levels came back in range but on the low side. He put me on Synthroid .75 mg and I started treating adrenal insufficiency with Isocort. I later asked him to put me on Armour thyroid, but he didn't feel comfortable using natural desiccated. Since then, I have ordered Thiroyd from Thailand and am taking 2.5 grains per day. Seems to be working fine.
By resolving GI issues i have found in many cases antibodies come down. With hashimotos I am very cautious of having Dr's use glandular. It is the thyroid glands that feeds the antibodies in the first place. Your body does not know the difference between human and pig thyroid. It will potentially attack both. When lowering antibodies balancing the GI tract along with synthetic T4 and little t-3 with selenium 200 mcgs over top of your multivitamin can go a long way to dealing with the issue. Again I would focus on GI tract.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I know it's been two years, but OP how has life been? I have recently been told by my primary that I'm Hypo. I went to see the doc cause I was having Vertigo symptoms while on Epi,doc sent me to get blood work. Blood work showed TSH 5.3 and prescribed me on T4.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^longer than 2 years ;)

Life pretty much goes on as usual after replacement, for the majority

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what the underlying cause of why you need it in the first place. Once the causation of why you are having thyroid issues is resolved many times your body will start working on its own. I have had this happen many times from cases I have worked on from physicians