44yrs old on trt for 8 months "many questions"

confused123

Awards
Ok to start out I am new here "but been on many forums" seeking information.

44yrs old on trt for 8 months-been a bumpy ride

Started 8 months ago on trt because had many symptoms of low test.."can be for numerous reasons" Hit in nuts a few times when younger or doing cycles and not knowing what i was doing. "around 6 to 8 cycles lifetime"

My Dr. and me agreed on TRT - beginning level was 219 - test done 8 months ago

was on 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks - around 5 months in things started to happen tons of acne, bloat....test only at 256

we agreed on 200mg a week to stop spikes and roller-coaster effect of every two weeks. Dermatologist put me on 200 mg of minocyline a day "100x2"

Ok this took care off acne and levelled me out! but still wasnt feeling right as to some bloat and my test level was still low o this dose. I know it sounds high but I don't feel anything on a lower dose.

So i started my research and came up with all the different testing that is involved in trt......I showed a few reports to my dr. and he said it is overkill. so he would fall into one of the dr's that are not open or whatever you want to call it.

So i decided after weeks of research to add an AI "liquid arimidex" which in two weeks noticed a big change in bloat, my mood, my energy. took awhile to get dialed in but just about there......

Then BANG some research sites get shutdown...so my research begins again finding a new reputable place "which is another journey" and brings me to this forum.....

I guess first of all any advise is appreciated on my whole protocol!

Second is I am going to talk to Dr. and see if i can get a sensitive E test to see where that is....We did a total E at beginning with quest and that was 129 I believe but is wrong E testing.

Any other blood work I should ask for?
Any other ideas why my test level stays low? blood taken right before shot so 7 days after....

At this dose most people are up in 800 or 1200 which is confusing the hell out of me. I should look like mr. Olympia at my dose LOL this is why me and dr decided to stay at 200mg a week where I feel almost great :)

I'll leave it at this been some ride for me!

Thanks great site

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arimidex, Aromasin (which is better) and other AI's are still very much available on research chem sites. Anyways, as usual, doctor is full of crap. You do need an AI to combat estradiol levels. When I was running 400+ mg Test Prop per week my E levels were between 65-80 which is pretty high.

Get some legitimate bloods done, question your doctors test cyp because you should NOT be at 200-300 T levels with 200mg/week. You should be 1500+.

And no, you wouldn't look anything like Mr. Olympia lol. You'd experience hightening sex drive and mood, strength would continually go up..basically you'd be alot like what your body was at the age of 18-20.

confused123

Awards
I see few research sites just determining which is legit!

working on blood work this week "hopefully"

second time i heard question test....what are the odds a pharmacy has bunk gear? "that would be my luck"

maybe i am so used to the cycling feeling i cannot judge a trt dose.... my dose now is making e feel much better then before i started..just the numbers dont make sense.....

thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Arimidex, Aromasin (which is better) and other AI's are still very much available on research chem sites. Anyways, as usual, doctor is full of crap. You do need an AI to combat estradiol levels. When I was running 400+ mg Test Prop per week my E levels were between 65-80 which is pretty high. Get some legitimate bloods done, question your doctors test cyp because you should NOT be at 200-300 T levels with 200mg/week. You should be 1500+. And no, you wouldn't look anything like Mr. Olympia lol. You'd experience hightening sex drive and mood, strength would continually go up..basically you'd be alot like what your body was at the age of 18-20.
With 200 mgs a week which is high IMO, Breaking the shot down to 100 mgs 2 times a week spaced out will reduce the peak and increase the trough. This what your peak and trought will no be as great. 200 mgs should put you about 2000 ng /dl TT 48 hours after the shot then dumping you to 600 levels a week later. You are still having a 1400 point swing which can put you on a rollercoaster ride with e2. IF doing it 100 mgs 2 times a week your peak may be 1700 hundred with trough at 1000-1200 which would be less fluctation of e2. In HRT more is not better but optimzing T:e2 ratio along with SHBG will get you much further. Average 18 year old is about 550-650 TT with good e2 not 1700 TT

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed.

If having legit research chems is an issue to you then I'd just go with CEL Formestane or that Forma-Stanz (if you can afford it). Both of those are OTC products that work. Buy yourself a few bottles of Form and run 100-150mg/day. That will keep your E levels pretty low. At least low enough to prevent any crazy swings when the half-life of the test approaches.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
ADC is the real deal..
I have Dr's who have patients referred here due to excessive cost of drugs.

Agreed.

If having legit research chems is an issue to you then I'd just go with CEL Formestane or that Forma-Stanz (if you can afford it). Both of those are OTC products that work. Buy yourself a few bottles of Form and run 100-150mg/day. That will keep your E levels pretty low. At least low enough to prevent any crazy swings when the half-life of the test approaches.

confused123

Awards
Agreed.

Been using liquid arimidex and its been working.....website folded....you mentioned AI's

What Is ADC?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
all day chemist. Did you look for a good endocrinologist to see since whoever you are seeing doesn't get it. You should not have to buy research chem AI's if you are on TRT, your doctor should give you Adex or Aromasin, at the least tell him you want to use it since it is pharma grade and cheap through your pharmacy. Also, the split dose per week is a good idea and wow something is up that your test is still low on 200mgs a week. Should be over 1000ng/dl as mentioned above.

confused123

Awards
all day chemist. Did you look for a good endocrinologist to see since whoever you are seeing doesn't get it. You should not have to buy research chem AI's if you are on TRT, your doctor should give you Adex or Aromasin, at the least tell him you want to use it since it is pharma grade and cheap through your pharmacy. Also, the split dose per week is a good idea and wow something is up that your test is still low on 200mgs a week. Should be over 1000ng/dl as mentioned above.
Haven't looked for another Dr yet been with this one for 15 years.haven't heard of ADC are they a sponsor?didn't see ad

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't looked for another Dr yet been with this one for 15 years.haven't heard of ADC are they a sponsor?didn't see ad
No, they are a company based in Canada. I would make sure if you buy there use a pre-paid credit card to protect yourself. It has nothign to do with your doctor being bad, would you go to a GP/Inernist for a heart specific problem? No, you go to a cardiologist. Same reason you go to an endo for TRT related stuff as that is an area they are much more versed in than your average internist who treats lots of minor things and doesn't specialize.

confused123

Awards
on phone can't really check to good....do i need a script read some things need script

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
on phone can't really check to good....do i need a script read some things need script
Where are you located i have medical contacts all over FL,OK, PA, GA, TX, OR. The net work is growing rapidly.

confused123

Awards
Where are you located i have medical contacts all over FL,OK, PA, GA, TX, OR. The net work is growing rapidly.
NY

Don't care where it comes from as long as it's not bunk and not gonna kill me:)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
NY

Don't care where it comes from as long as it's not bunk and not gonna kill me:)
ADC would be best choice as when consulting with Dr's when they have a patient is has no insurance this has worked great in the past. You do not want armidex, but aromasin. Lowering the dosage and getting proper test for monitoring e2 with correct testing would be the way to go. The only problem is that NY does not offer the 4021x quest e2 sensitive testing. They have the most ridiculous rules for medications as well. Lowering the T will help with e2 getting the proper t:e2 ratio will go much further then taking a huge amount of testosterone. I have had dr who patients where on 200 mgs and felt like crap. I suggested to DR to lower dosage a bit and to check the e2 levels properly then adding in aromasin to help lower e2 to normal levels 20-25 proved to yield the best therapeutic out come.

confused123

Awards
ADC would be best choice as when consulting with Dr's when they have a patient is has no insurance this has worked great in the past. You do not want armidex, but aromasin. Lowering the dosage and getting proper test for monitoring e2 with correct testing would be the way to go. The only problem is that NY does not offer the 4021x quest e2 sensitive testing. They have the most ridiculous rules for medications as well. Lowering the T will help with e2 getting the proper t:e2 ratio will go much further then taking a huge amount of testosterone. I have had dr who patients where on 200 mgs and felt like crap. I suggested to DR to lower dosage a bit and to check the e2 levels properly then adding in aromasin to help lower e2 to normal levels 20-25 proved to yield the best therapeutic out come.
going to switch to aromasin! yes that is my problem right now I am self medication and going by morning wood...Kinda sounds ridiculous why dr's can and will put people on trt but cannot monitor the sides of it "dont make sense to me". Going to see if dr. can get insurance company to cover blood work next week! I feel good but scared i'm going to go to low with E or I might even be to high damn symptoms are almost alike.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, high estro means emotional rollercoaster, water retention, and possible reduced libido.

Low estro means muscle hardness, sore joints, mental dysfunction, and again a low libido along with some sensitive testes.

If ur estro isnt far out of line I'm telling u Formestane will block conversion without doing it too aggressively. If u run Aromasin do 12.5mg/day.

confused123

Awards
No, high estro means emotional rollercoaster, water retention, and possible reduced libido.

Low estro means muscle hardness, sore joints, mental dysfunction, and again a low libido along with some sensitive testes.

If ur estro isnt far out of line I'm telling u Formestane will block conversion without doing it too aggressively. If u run Aromasin do 12.5mg/day.
Think I going with aromasin this time around....thanks for advise I can tell when it's getting high easy "for me" big time bloat.....The low cannot tell unless i didnt go to Low yet ....

thanks again

4johnybravo

Awards
google trt doctors thier are search directories just for them.
even then they can leave stuff out and not give you what you need. i was prescribes trt and other things. i had really low igf-1 levels 140. the prick gave me semoralin acetate, which worked for 2 days... he shoulda prescribed hgh... now i am stuck like you trying to find a med that you need and have to turn to the internet, its a bad feeling, you might order arimidex from somewhere and never end up getting it. i gotta risk ordering several hundred bucks on hgh and will prolly be screwed the first 3 times..... private msg me if u need help, all day chemist.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
google trt doctors thier are search directories just for them.
even then they can leave stuff out and not give you what you need. i was prescribes trt and other things. i had really low igf-1 levels 140. the prick gave me semoralin acetate, which worked for 2 days... he shoulda prescribed hgh... now i am stuck like you trying to find a med that you need and have to turn to the internet, its a bad feeling, you might order arimidex from somewhere and never end up getting it. i gotta risk ordering several hundred bucks on hgh and will prolly be screwed the first 3 times..... private msg me if u need help, all day chemist.
NO johnny, you do not prescribe HGH off the bat. If a Dr does hes only after his money. When dealing with many guys people have come with IGF 120-150 and when other factors evaluate it will rise over time. One does not need HGH as people think, but know a dr who understand and look for reason why GH levels are low. You be surprise how making simple adjustements in a person lifestyle, eating, and sleep patterns and nutrition makes a huge impact on GH levels. DR jump the gun in some cases.