Lowereing E2

S

slister

Awards
New member and have a question regaurding E2. I used steriods often from 16-26. Totally clean now. I am 39 now, and have had mild libido issues and no morning erections in a long time had a hormone profile done and it came back with an e2 of 53, range 10-54 Total test of 693 range 250-1100 and a free test % of 1.51 range 1.50-2.20. I finally got a dr to prescribe me arimidex and began taking it and it almost immediatly made me feel anxious at a dose of .25 eod. So bad I stopped after the second dose. Testicles kind of pulled up tight to my body and hurt alittle in the 3rd day also. To my surprise my morning erections returned after not really having them for years on the 4th day after begining the arimidex.They lasted a full week and then kind of went away so I decided to wait a week and cut the down to .125 thinking that I could slowly let my body adjust to the medication. Again I felt horrible, but the next day my erections returned. I did some research and found that Dim lower my E2 without any side effects so believing that the E2 is most likely my problem I have given it a try starting with 1 tab of the bioresponse every day and added 25 mgs of zinc with it, after day 2 really kind of felt lousy, but with no erections at all. Really need advice on where to go with this. Should I continue with Dim and give it time? Or do I believe I am a possible "over responder" and just cut down the arimidex dose even lower and hope my body can tolerated it? Has anyone here ever gotten anxiety like symptoms from arimidex?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
New member and have a question regaurding E2. I used steriods often from 16-26. Totally clean now. I am 39 now, and have had mild libido issues and no morning erections in a long time had a hormone profile done and it came back with an e2 of 53, range 10-54 Total test of 693 range 250-1100 and a free test % of 1.51 range 1.50-2.20. I finally got a dr to prescribe me arimidex and began taking it and it almost immediatly made me feel anxious at a dose of .25 eod. So bad I stopped after the second dose. Testicles kind of pulled up tight to my body and hurt alittle in the 3rd day also. To my surprise my morning erections returned after not really having them for years on the 4th day after begining the arimidex.They lasted a full week and then kind of went away so I decided to wait a week and cut the down to .125 thinking that I could slowly let my body adjust to the medication. Again I felt horrible, but the next day my erections returned. I did some research and found that Dim lower my E2 without any side effects so believing that the E2 is most likely my problem I have given it a try starting with 1 tab of the bioresponse every day and added 25 mgs of zinc with it, after day 2 really kind of felt lousy, but with no erections at all. Really need advice on where to go with this. Should I continue with Dim and give it time? Or do I believe I am a possible "over responder" and just cut down the arimidex dose even lower and hope my body can tolerated it? Has anyone here ever gotten anxiety like symptoms from arimidex?
You need to look for reason why it is high
Search estrogen metabolism and my screen name on here and you will find the proper information.

S

slister

Awards
Matrix,

Very interesting. I did not mention that last year a doctor told me I had chronic prostatitis and prescribed me bactrim. I went through the 3 weeks on bactrim and it was the only time in ten years that I feel that I had normal erections in the morning, rock hard, they lasted three weeks and then went away, the urologist put me back on bactrim for 3 weeks and again at the end of the bactrim erections returned for a while and then went away. Thats when I actually had the hormone profile done and had the high E2, when I lost the erections. I felt like somehow the bactrim lowered my E2 and that caused the return in my erections, but your saying the bactrim probably killed off enoegh of the bacteria to allow for normal function again until only I did not get all the bacteria out and when they returned funtion was again lost. But the only question I have is that the function did not come back when I was on the bactrim but right after I was off, like the next day and then lasted foe 2 to 3 weeks. Please advise what I can do?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Already responded
Look for the cause vs symptoms.