Low testosterone, low libido, erectile disfunction and saturated fat

Estrogosky

Awards
I have posted already on my experience with low calories = low testosterone.
I have recently understood more about it, fixed my problem definetely and want to share with people who might be suffering for this very painful and depressing problem

1) I am 33yo, been diagnosed 300 ng/dl test 3 years ago, in range but low for my age. no libido suddenly, thiroid problems, weak erections, dry skin, no strength, very difficult to wake up in the morning, difficult to focus. Previously I never experinced any issue
2) i have been seen by many endos over last 3 years, and good ones...nobody even tried to suggest that the problem was TOO LOW CALORIES and in PARTICULAR TOO LOW/NO SATURATED FAT (cheese, chocolate, fat red meat) in my diet
3) coupled with excessive sport and stress at work the low fat diet killed my libido (and led me to hashimoto thiroiditis as well)
4) Now, since i did not want to take TRT etc. i continued to try all the other potential cause and...finally i found it
5) i have been eating NO SATURATED FAT/TOO LITTLE FATS for a long time! years. wanting to keep lean, i became fat!
MEN SEX HORMONES NEED SATURATED FAT
6) so my msg is - DON'T EAT SUPERLEAN. KEEP CHEESE BUTTER RED MEAT IN YOUR DIET!
7) eating more cottage cheese, ricotta, yogurt, whole milk, butter....my T is now back at an helpful 700 ng/dl....and everything is fine! Lost 5 kg mainly of fat without doing any sport...in 2 months. Just with a diet richer in saturated fat (+ obviously low carb)

PS an hint that the problem is not balls/pituary is that with clomid or TRT things don't change much in terms of quality of erection and libido / desire for sex. This is what happened with me...

I hope this is helpful for someone and apologies for the capitals but this is so important and not enough investigated: we only read about avoiding saturated fats, not how important they are! this is only my experience but i hope it will help someone

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have recently understood more about it, fixed my problem definetely and want to share with people who might be suffering for this very painful and depressing problem

1) I am 33yo, been diagnosed 300 ng/dl test 3 years ago, in range but low for my age. no libido suddenly, thiroid problems, weak erections, dry skin, no strength, very difficult to wake up in the morning, difficult to focus. Previously I never experinced any issue
2) i have been seen by many endos over last 3 years, and good ones...nobody even tried to suggest that the problem was TOO LOW CALORIES and in PARTICULAR TOO LOW/NO SATURATED FAT (cheese, chocolate, fat red meat) in my diet
3) coupled with excessive sport and stress at work the low fat diet killed my libido (and led me to hashimoto thiroiditis as well)
4) Now, since i did not want to take TRT etc. i continued to try all the other potential cause and...finally i found it
5) i have been eating NO SATURATED FAT/TOO LITTLE FATS for a long time! years. wanting to keep lean, i became fat!
6) so my msg is - DON'T EAT SUPERLEAN. KEEP CHEESE BUTTER RED MEAT IN YOUR DIET!
7) eating more cottage cheese, ricotta, yogurt, whole milk, butter....my T is now back at an helpful 700 ng/dl....and everything is fine! Lost 5 kg mainly of fat without doing any sport...in 2 months. Just with a diet richer in saturated fat (+ obviously low carb)

PS an hint that the problem is not balls/pituary is that with clomid or TRT things don't change much in terms of quality of erection and libido / desire for sex. This is what happened with me...

I hope this is helpful for someone and apologies for the capitals but this is so important and not enough investigated: we only read about avoiding saturated fats, not how important they are! this is only my experience but i hope it will help someone
Great info
Bottom line it is not rocket science.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established

wow 300 to 700 is quite an increase. How long did this increase take for you to achieve after you changed your diet? I too notice I feel better with a diet with moderate fats and not super low.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I see you wrote two months. But is that how far apart your test values were or were the tests farther than two months apart?

Estrogosky

Awards
big, it all recovered incredibly quickly. i could feel better day by the day. test are 3 months apart
hope this help
given i am in a "recovery" diet from low fat for a long time...i am exaggeratin a bit with greek yogurt/cheese
I basically have 2 yogurt per day (creamy), cheese +bread for breakfst and dinner cheddar/parmigiano

+ the whole diet is low carb

i also take a multivitamin (centrum, the most common one)

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you're getting better but to be in your situation you must have avoided fat for a really long time. I would start adding lots of Omega-3 oils too, I'm betting you're severely deficient. Walnuts and honey go great with the yoghurt, they're called greecian clouds out here. I typically eat them for dessert.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're getting better but to be in your situation you must have avoided fat for a really long time. I would start adding lots of Omega-3 oils too, I'm betting you're severely deficient. Walnuts and honey go great with the yoghurt, they're called greecian clouds out here. I typically eat them for dessert.
Omega 3 oils in this condition with out knowing the proper ratio of cellular intake is not a good idea, excessive of poly unsaturated fats is one of the reasons america's health is in decline now. Since having dr's run intracellular testing, it is found that people are over doing certain fats causing imbalances in the other parts of body. I now suggest dr's run these test as standard protocols for people with poor health or unresolved issues to get a more data to help determine their patient's cellular imbalances which will effect the whole cell of the body.

Estrogosky

Awards
Exactly- it's not rocket science! just before doing all the tests and diets and supplements (vitex, ginseng..) and MRI etc....especially if this came suddenly and previously you were actually quite active sexually...and if you are on diet (90% of us is on it nowadays) and do a lot of sport and are feeling tired....try what i tried---it might work. I had just elminated saturated fats from my diet..that's all, that was enough to kill my T. no need for any specific guidance...just eat more cheese, yogurt, chocolate..all the things they told you not to eat!!