Estradiol testing from lab corp

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When you are testing estradiiol sensitive be very cautious about Lab corp, I had 2 testing done back to back from them in a month period and got same read 23. Thinking this was good I ruled out estrogen imbalances, but I still had bloating and some usually symptoms related to high e2 which I could just brushed off as my thyroid, Which was found to be perfect. Since I have been on the same protocol of supplements for past 2-3 months I decided to go get tested at quest diagnostics because I have been having slight muscle weakness and losing muscle mass at a gradual steady decline. I got tested estradiol and CPK and to my shock my e2 sensitive from quest was 49 !! and my CPK was almost 150 points over the top range. I had not worked out for 5 days so I do not think it was that. My thyroid was fine so that was ruled out, but high e2 will not allow your muscle to repair at a normal rate. I came to the conclusion, lab corp sensitive testing is deviated 10-20 points below what your normal levels are recording. I am not the only one this has been happening to but alot of other peoples on the boards have been complaining as well getting false readings especially when symptoms are present. One can have optimal sex drive at the same time experience other e2 related symptoms (I have been losing dreams for longest time despite take high dosages of P5P)

hitest

Awards
As I posted before, I had some bad test results from Quest too. They gave me completely different answers for estrogen from the same blood draw. Others have reported problems with them too for estrogen and they just had a massive recall of their vitamin D testing. The more advanced mass spec techniques require highly trained operators so there is lots of room for error. The reality is that sensitive testing for hormones is not as reliable as you might think. This problem is recognized. While LabCorp may have problems too I think they are overall doing better than Quest. LabCorp is the only one of the major labs certified for testosterone testing by the latest CDC guidelines. This state of affairs means that it is hard to have confidence in any one lab result. Unfortunately, most of us find the extra cost of repeat testing too much. But if you are basing an important treatment decision on it then you probably should get confirmation testing.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
As I posted before, I had some bad test results from Quest too. They gave me completely different answers for estrogen from the same blood draw. Others have reported problems with them too for estrogen and they just had a massive recall of their vitamin D testing. The more advanced mass spec techniques require highly trained operators so there is lots of room for error. The reality is that sensitive testing for hormones is not as reliable as you might think. This problem is recognized. While LabCorp may have problems too I think they are overall doing better than Quest. LabCorp is the only one of the major labs certified for testosterone testing by the latest CDC guidelines. This state of affairs means that it is hard to have confidence in any one lab result. Unfortunately, most of us find the extra cost of repeat testing too much. But if you are basing an important treatment decision on it then you probably should get confirmation testing.
The ultrasensitive essay was the one that was giving peoples problems at quest, sensitive essay has appeared to be pretty stable. My testosterone levels where Identical to lab corp with quest. I never change dosage in that area. My thyroid was pretty accurate too. Plus I do not have to travel 40 minutes when quest is right down the street.

hitest

Awards
The ultrasensitive essay was the one that was giving peoples problems at quest, sensitive essay has appeared to be pretty stable. My testosterone levels where Identical to lab corp with quest. I never change dosage in that area. My thyroid was pretty accurate too. Plus I do not have to travel 40 minutes when quest is right down the street.
I just mentioned the testosterone testing because of the certification which was for very low levels as in women. For men the levels of testosterone are pretty easy to get right.

Yes, you are right, my problem with Quest was with the ultra-sensitive test. I cannot find the "sensitive" estradiol test on Quest's menu out here. I only see the regular and ultra-sensitive. Do you have the test number for it so I can try to look it up that way? This is the number that ends in an X.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I just mentioned the testosterone testing because of the certification which was for very low levels as in women. For men the levels of testosterone are pretty easy to get right.

Yes, you are right, my problem with Quest was with the ultra-sensitive test. I cannot find the "sensitive" estradiol test on Quest's menu out here. I only see the regular and ultra-sensitive. Do you have the test number for it so I can try to look it up that way? This is the number that ends in an X.
In the state of NY they do not have it unfortunately. This may be in other states as well. Here it is 4021X

hitest

Awards
In the state of NY they do not have it unfortunately. This may be in other states as well. Here it is 4021X
We have this test number but it does not show it as a "sensitive" test. What is your reference range? Here it is <52 pg/mL for that test putting you still in the normal range.

By the way, what do you do to control your E2 levels at times like these?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
We have this test number but it does not show it as a "sensitive" test. What is your reference range? Here it is <52 pg/mL for that test putting you still in the normal range.

By the way, what do you do to control your E2 levels at times like these?
I know my GI and liver are out of balance so I will be hitting them full force since I know where the blockages are in the enzymatic pathways.
In my people I have worked with in the past this has worked well for rebalancing e2. I am using Aromasin I have .5 for a day then 1/4 every every 3 days.Once liver is balanced and GI tract back in check then I will come off AI. Using it as temporary bridge till I repair the deeper issues.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Since adding in a small dosage of aromasin there has been a profound change in symptoms. Muscle are filling out, feeling more pumped again, and holding less water. So there was a clinical response which was psychosomatic because even people could see I was more alert, focuses, and in more relaxed not wound up mood, Even my veins are starting to come back in forearms and other places. THANKS LAB CORP for false readings for over 1.5 year@