Recently put on trt .... first bloodwork back after about 3 months ......

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
Ok ... so here goes.... first off I'm 47 years old. I had my first bloodwork ever in March of this year as I was "thinking" about doing andromass/androhard. The test results came back that my lipids were not all that great and that I should wait till they were better. But... we discovered my test was way low (205). My doc recommended going on Nolva for 6 months and retesting. I started that scheme as I knew nothing about trt or ways of dealing with low t.

Many ppl responded to my initial post of bloodwork that I should go on trt. After talking with a few ppl and then talking with my doc I was put on test cyp. I've been doing 2 injections a week and at the time had not added an ai (aromasin) or hcg. I will post the "problem" areas that I still have and post up a comparison of the March bloodwork that was before trt and the present readings as of a week ago.

Lipids: March Now
Cholesterol, Total 171 204
LDL-P 2009 2486 (both readings very high)
LDL-C 120 154 (both high)
HDL-C 37 38 (both low)
Triglycerides 68 58
HDL-P (total) 30.9 26.5 (now low)
Small LDL-P 1348 944 (has come down)
LDL Size 20.2 20.7
Large VLDL-P n/a < 0.7
Large HDL-P n/a < 0.7 (low)
HDL Size n/a < 8.3 (low)
LP-IR Score 46 44 (46 was shown to be high 44 is within range)

CBC with Differential/Platelet:
WBC 6.4 8.9
RBC 5.73 5.75 (both high)
Hemoglobin 17.3 17.3 (both high)
Hematocrit 52.2 53.2 (both high)

Comp. Metabolic Panel:
Glucose, Serum 97 96
BUN 29 21 (high in march - within range now)
Creatinine, Serum 1.33 1.37 (both high)
Testosterone, Serum 205 867
Free Test (Direct) 6.4 29.8
Estradiol n/a 69.2 (high)
FSH 4.4 < 0.2
LH 4.2 0.1

Ok ..... now I have done a couple things. 1. I donated blood to work on the RBC, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit. I tried to do the double Red Blood but after the first bag they reverse the flow and put fluids back in you.... that didn't go well, I seemed to have a reaction (like I felt like I was gonna throw up and I basically passed out) ... they stopped put my feet up, put ice packs on me and in a couple minutes I had blood back in my color and I felt fine... gonna try to do double one more time and see if I can do it...lol. I did get one complete bag in though.

2. I am on Aromosin now for the Estrogen and I can really tell a difference. My nips were very sensitive (hurt) and alittle puffy... that is all gone and feeling good there.

I'm really looking for advise on the lipids ..... not sure what the best way of battling the LDL-P and LDL-C are ... I was on Simvastin but I had stopped taking that about 4-5 months ago (not alot of good things with that long term). I'm making an appt. to go over the bw with my doc next week, but wanted to see if there were any ideas out there to battle this without using drugs.

Thanks for looking at what I have ... I'm sure I haven't provided all the information that would be best but its what I have atm .....

thanks,

Tony

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing krill oil in the morning and regular fish oil in the evening. I haven't heard of either of the two you mentioned... I'm on it though... thanks T-Bone :)

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
as tbone mentioned those are all good. i personally dont mega dose fish or krill oil but take 2g/day. i would also add in niacin at 250mg 2x/day(not the flush free stuff either. enjoy the burn) it is proven over and over again to raise hdl very effectively. you do need to get that blood thinned bro.

whatever you take be sure to inform your dr though

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
thanks ambulldog ... yep I'm on 500 mg niacin pills (not the flush type). I've been on the niacin for quite some time ... I did give blood so I will be back in 2 months ... that is the earliest they will do it again ... gonna try that double red and see if I can get thru it this time... if not... looks like I'm a "single bagger" haha ...

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How'd the lipids pan out? Anything you can say that really helped out?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
This is wonderful, but you need to have testing to track the changes and how they have effected blood chemistry with a more detailed panel then what is provided. . Mega dosing on fish oils causes more damage from oxidative stress and put on in to a prediabetic state over time. Balalnce and moderation is the key. IF RBC make sure you are not dehydrated prior before blood. I suggest Dr's rechecked, blood work after 2-3 weeks after making recommendation to increase hydration. In majority of cases they have been shown to work
Ok ... so here goes.... first off I'm 47 years old. I had my first bloodwork ever in March of this year as I was "thinking" about doing andromass/androhard. The test results came back that my lipids were not all that great and that I should wait till they were better. But... we discovered my test was way low (205). My doc recommended going on Nolva for 6 months and retesting. I started that scheme as I knew nothing about trt or ways of dealing with low t. Many ppl responded to my initial post of bloodwork that I should go on trt. After talking with a few ppl and then talking with my doc I was put on test cyp. I've been doing 2 injections a week and at the time had not added an ai (aromasin) or hcg. I will post the "problem" areas that I still have and post up a comparison of the March bloodwork that was before trt and the present readings as of a week ago.Lipids: March NowCholesterol, Total 171 204LDL-P 2009 2486 (both readings very high)LDL-C 120 154 (both high)HDL-C 37 38 (both low)Triglycerides 68 58HDL-P (total) 30.9 26.5 (now low)Small LDL-P 1348 944 (has come down)LDL Size 20.2 20.7Large VLDL-P n/a < 0.7Large HDL-P n/a < 0.7 (low)HDL Size n/a < 8.3 (low)LP-IR Score 46 44 (46 was shown to be high 44 is within range)CBC with Differential/Platelet:WBC 6.4 8.9RBC 5.73 5.75 (both high)Hemoglobin 17.3 17.3 (both high)Hematocrit 52.2 53.2 (both high)Comp. Metabolic Panel:Glucose, Serum 97 96BUN 29 21 (high in march - within range now)Creatinine, Serum 1.33 1.37 (both high)Testosterone, Serum 205 867Free Test (Direct) 6.4 29.8Estradiol n/a 69.2 (high)FSH 4.4 < 0.2LH 4.2 0.1Ok ..... now I have done a couple things. 1. I donated blood to work on the RBC, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit. I tried to do the double Red Blood but after the first bag they reverse the flow and put fluids back in you.... that didn't go well, I seemed to have a reaction (like I felt like I was gonna throw up and I basically passed out) ... they stopped put my feet up, put ice packs on me and in a couple minutes I had blood back in my color and I felt fine... gonna try to do double one more time and see if I can do it...lol. I did get one complete bag in though.2. I am on Aromosin now for the Estrogen and I can really tell a difference. My nips were very sensitive (hurt) and alittle puffy... that is all gone and feeling good there.I'm really looking for advise on the lipids ..... not sure what the best way of battling the LDL-P and LDL-C are ... I was on Simvastin but I had stopped taking that about 4-5 months ago (not alot of good things with that long term). I'm making an appt. to go over the bw with my doc next week, but wanted to see if there were any ideas out there to battle this without using drugs.Thanks for looking at what I have ... I'm sure I haven't provided all the information that would be best but its what I have atm ..... thanks,Tony

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix .... I'll keep that in mind. I should be doing some more bloodwork soon so we'll see what the numbers show then

KerplunkDS

KerplunkDS

Awards
thanks ambulldog ... yep I'm on 500 mg niacin pills (not the flush type). I've been on the niacin for quite some time ... I did give blood so I will be back in 2 months ... that is the earliest they will do it again ... gonna try that double red and see if I can get thru it this time... if not... looks like I'm a "single bagger" haha ...
The non-flush Niacin does not have the same effect as Niacin on lipids and Niacin is good for making low HDL high HDL, it will not correct high LDL. Fish oil will target the triglycerides, not the cholesterol as much. So the best solution here is to discuss with your doctor maybe utilizing bile acids (Cholestryamine).

jonko

Awards
Matrix;
I have the same problem as this guy with high RBC and Hematocrit, even one week after donating a pint of blood. I have given blood now 3 times and I am still high.
I try to drink 20 ounces of water one hour before a blood test. Is this enough to get me properly hydrated or should I be drinking more water the evening before?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix;
I have the same problem as this guy with high RBC and Hematocrit, even one week after donating a pint of blood. I have given blood now 3 times and I am still high.
I try to drink 20 ounces of water one hour before a blood test. Is this enough to get me properly hydrated or should I be drinking more water the evening before?
Depends on how much coffee you are drinking and if your adrenals are fried which control proper hydration in the body. This is where proper evaluation and analysis of other factors would come into play in order to isolate what may be driving it.