Is my testoserone level normal?

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Had some bloodwork done recently, and had them check my testosterone (in addition to many other things). The results showed my test at 2.20 ng/ml, which converts to 220 ng/dl.

The doctor's reference chart for test says that normal is between 168-746, so I guess the 220 is "normal," but it sure seems low to me.

For those with much more knowledge: what do you think?

Mod edit: moved. Does not belong in supp forum.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I should add some additional data:

54 years old

LDL (bad) cholesterol = 169 mg/dl
HDL (good) cholesterol = 71 mg/dl
Triglycerides = 39 mg/dl

No use of AS or PH. Used Dermacrine Liqua-Vade last winter, but have not supplemented all summer.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You would qualify for hormone replacement therapy. You may want to check into an anti aging center for a doctor that specializes in andro pause in your area.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.

I'll talk to my regular doc, and if he won't go for it, I'll look around for another place.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Provide location and will give some references

4evathrowed

Awards
You need to post more blood work to get a clearer picture I think you should get a E2 sensitive test cause alot of men your age are estrogen dominant which could lower T-level 200 to 300 points.If you find out that is true all you have to do is take a AI.Plus how do you feel with level.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
You need to post more blood work to get a clearer picture I think you should get a E2 sensitive test cause alot of men your age are estrogen dominant which could lower T-level 200 to 300 points.If you find out that is true all you have to do is take a AI.Plus how do you feel with level.
Good idea. I had good results with Erase last winter, but had no bloodwork at the time.

I've got another bottle in the pantry - maybe it's time to open it up!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Good idea. I had good results with Erase last winter, but had no bloodwork at the time.

I've got another bottle in the pantry - maybe it's time to open it up!
Or may be not.
Bringing down e2 levels are not going to help this case. Actually in some cases bringing up T levels have reduce e2 levels. This is why you do not touch an AI till having 5 weeks of lab work done. I would not touch anything untill proper testing is done. Erase is just a bandaid effect not a long term solution. Again with levels this low unless your e2 >60 then AI will not work long term.