Low Testosterone - 25 Year Old Male (With test results)

phayzeone

Awards
Hello! This is my first post here. Looking to get some input on my test results as well as any advice on how I should move forward.

I saw my doctor 4 months ago for a general check up. I was having the worst sweating problem that would happen randomly. I was just start sweating out of no where (even if it wasn't hot). Went to my GP and told him about my problem. He asked me whether my libido was low. I told him yes. I never feel like doing anything sexual anymore. He suspected the cause to be low testosterone. He ordered a lab to be done and he would go from there.

Got the results back:
  • Total Testosterone: 166 ng/dl (Ref Range 241-827)
  • TSH (3rd Generation): 1.820 mcIU/mL (Ref Range 0.358-3.800)
Just as he suspected it came back low. He suggested that I should start to exercise since I wasn't in shape (5'8 - 240lbs). Do heavy exercise (weight lifting and cardio) and come back for another test in 3 months and see where we were at with the test levels. I also have high blood pressure so he said that would help that problem as well.

Fast forward to now. Exercised my butt off for 3 months. For weight lifting I did a full body routine which included deadlifts, squats, bench press, etc. 5 days on - 2 days off. Mixture of HITT cardio and regular cardio (20min hitt and 40 min regular cardio). Kept my diet clean: Chicken Breast, Greek Yogurt, Almonds, Whey Isolate Protein. Calorie intake is around 1200 per day.

I currently weigh in at 219lbs. Blood pressure is around 109/60. Random sweating has stopped. Have a lot more energy. Libido was raised a little bit but not much.

Current Prescription Medication that I take:

• 50mg of Atenolol once a day for High Blood Pressure
  • 100mg of Minocycline twice a day for Acne
I was also taking 20mg of Celexa once a day. Quit cold turkey a month ago and am doing great. Was rough for the first week and a half but was well worth it. The reason I started taking it was due to having anxiety. Was on it for 4 years. I quit because I know that SSRI's can cause a lot of weight gain so I wanted to take that out of the equation. No more anxiety (exercise did wonders for my mood).

Family medical history: Mom had a thyroid problem so I know she had an operation a long time ago. She is currently taking medication for it. Don't know any specifics on it. Dad recently had a back operation due to back pain so they fused two of his spinal disks together.

Current supplements that I take:

Animal Cuts (Finished my first cycle a week ago)...waited a week and started the Oxy Elite Pro)
  • Oxy Elite Pro - 3 times a day (I know, HBP...but my BP is fine while on it. I've been watching it carefully)
  • DAA Pure - 2 Capsults 4 times a day (Have been taking it for a month)
  • USPlabs Pink Magic (Finished the bottle and feel like it didn't do much for me)
  • JACK3D (3 scoops before workout)
  • Fish Oil
  • GNC Mega Mens Sports Vitamin
  • Milk Thistle
  • ISOPure No Carb Protein
  • CQ10
  • 10mg of GNC XXX Creatine
Went in for my 2nd lab on Friday and was notified on Monday that my testosterone levels were still low so I should make a follow up appointment with my GP. I have an appointment with him this Monday. He said that if exercise didn't do it that HRT would be an option for me.

What should I know before I go see my GP on Monday? Do you guys have an recommendations on what kind of HRT I should be on if I decide to go that route (Medication, Dosage, etc)? Any advice or tips would be great! Thanks guy. Looking forward to being a regular visitor here!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
well, im no scientist..... but a 30 second google search told me numerous people have low test issues with beta blockers.....

im sure the matrix will be in here...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
One word..
Starvation...
CAlories at 1200 at 220 is insane and can cause many nutrient imbalances as well knock out your HPTA. Getting you back to normal most iikely will not require any HRT, might need some clomid to get you going, but other after other imbalances are addressed. Instead of spending money on supplements spend it on real food. I have seen cases like this and trust me there is a lot of factors that need to be addressed to make sure you will be able to rebalance body back to normal. Since you already had predisposition to thyroid issues with your extreme lifestyle habits you may have possible triggered it 20 years early. Proper evaluation of thyroid and adrenals are crucial in this case. Any medical Dr willing to stick you on HRT should really reconsider looking at the facts of the case which even a blind man could see LOL. Using certain meds may cause suppression in LH and other horrmonal pathways.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
One word..
Starvation...
CAlories at 1200 at 220 is insane and can cause many nutrient imbalances as well knock out your HPTA. Getting you back to normal most iikely will not require any HRT, might need some clomid to get you going, but other after other imbalances are addressed. Instead of spending money on supplements spend it on real food. I have seen cases like this and trust me there is a lot of factors that need to be addressed to make sure you will be able to rebalance body back to normal. Since you already had predisposition to thyroid issues with your extreme lifestyle habits you may have possible triggered it 20 years early. Proper evaluation of thyroid and adrenals are crucial in this case. Any medical Dr willing to stick you on HRT should really reconsider looking at the facts of the case which even a blind man could see LOL. Using certain meds may cause suppression in LH and other horrmonal pathways.
wow, i missed the 1200 cals per day.....

OP. EAT SOME FATS (good ones)

hitest

Awards
Went in for my 2nd lab on Friday and was notified on Monday that my testosterone levels were still low so I should make a follow up appointment with my GP. I have an appointment with him this Monday. He said that if exercise didn't do it that HRT would be an option for me.

What should I know before I go see my GP on Monday? Do you guys have an recommendations on what kind of HRT I should be on if I decide to go that route (Medication, Dosage, etc)? Any advice or tips would be great! Thanks guy. Looking forward to being a regular visitor here!
I think it is too early to vote for TRT. My tips are:

1) Both of the medications you are still taking can mess with androgens. For blood pressure there are alternatives without this issue (e.g. valsartan). There are probably alternatives to the acne meds too. You need to change these out.

2) Lowering your weight and exercise has already helped with some issues. You should keep going with that. What is your ideal weight?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it is too early to vote for TRT. My tips are:

1) Both of the medications you are still taking can mess with androgens. For blood pressure there are alternatives without this issue (e.g. valsartan). There are probably alternatives to the acne meds too. You need to change these out.

2) Lowering your weight and exercise has already helped with some issues. You should keep going with that. What is your ideal weight?
1200 cals five day a week training for 3 months with cardio and HIIT sounds like cortisol problems plus more hpga stress. Now even incorporating the thyroid problems.

Eat more healthy fats, add some carbs around the workout, sleep. No reason to hit the gym more than 3-4 times a week unless you are doing it either because you love it more than you love your body, you do it for a living, your a beast, or you are insane. Hehe. Just joking, but short workouts, recovery, sleep should get you back on your feet. After that it's tests and confirmation.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
1200 cals five day a week training for 3 months with cardio and HIIT sounds like cortisol problems plus more hpga stress. Now even incorporating the thyroid problems.

Eat more healthy fats, add some carbs around the workout, sleep. No reason to hit the gym more than 3-4 times a week unless you are doing it either because you love it more than you love your body, you do it for a living, your a beast, or you are insane. Hehe. Just joking, but short workouts, recovery, sleep should get you back on your feet. After that it's tests and confirmation.
I am dealing with a case right now of this and let me tell you it is one big metabolic mess that goes very deep into the cellular level the damaged which may have been caused. Hormones are not the only thing affected, but your immune system, neurotransmitters, GI tract also took a bit hit which needs to all be rebalances. A normal Dr will be just be play filling the gas tank with hormones which in your case is not the answer and may lead to more issues if the under lying causes are not corrected.

phayzeone

Awards
I am dealing with a case right now of this and let me tell you it is one big metabolic mess that goes very deep into the cellular level the damaged which may have been caused. Hormones are not the only thing affected, but your immune system, neurotransmitters, GI tract also took a bit hit which needs to all be rebalances. A normal Dr will be just be play filling the gas tank with hormones which in your case is not the answer and may lead to more issues if the under lying causes are not corrected.
Thanks for the advice everyone! Will definetely be upping my calorie intake as well as adding healthy carbs in the mix. Here is what my food intake is/was (pretty consistent):

7:30am - 1 cup of oatmeal or a slice of whole wheat bread and either 6 egg whites or a protein shake
10:30am - Granola bar or a protein shake
12:30pm - 1 large chicken breast with mrs.dash seasoning (no salt)
3:30pm - 1 cup of fat free greek yogurt
6:30pm - 1 large chicken breast
7:00pm - protein shake before the gym
8:30pm - Creatine w/ Dextrose and a protein shake
12:00pm - Cassein shake before I go to bed

Would a calorie intake of 1700 be okay? What should my calorie intake be?

What should I ask/suggest to my doctor. I will tell him the input you guys gave me about getting my calorie intake up. Should I continue on with the DAA? I actually have another order coming in (before I talked to you guys) of DAA Power + PES erase. I will also mention coming off my atenonol since I feel I might be able to manage my BP without it (closely monitoring my BP in the process). Someone also mentioned why I hit the gym 5 times a week. I just love to do it. Not forcing myself to go or anything. Should I quit with the HITT and do normal 40-60min cardio? Thanks guys.

Cliff: what should I suggest to my doctor regarding a plan/medication. What tests should be done? Should I suggest the clomid to him?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Remove all gluten dairy wheat and soy products from your eating patterns. Then I would examine the g I tract to make sure there is no inflammation do to a kind of bacteria overgrown. I have dealt with the cases many times before and it is they are not probably handled they can cause a lot of problems down the road. I have seen it happen many.times when people wonder why they are not getting better despite current treatment