Just got bloodwork results back

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've been natural bodybuilding for about 9 years now, but my sex drive has never been as high as I would like it to be. For years I just wasn't that interested, rarely woke up with morning erections, thought much about sex. Anyway, check out my bloodwork if you don't mind and see if you guys notice anything that my doc is overlooking.

LH 17.2 High mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.8

FSH 16.9 High mIU/mL 1.5 - 12.4

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS 490.9 ng/dL 350.0 - 1030.0

DHEA-Sulfate 88.6 Low ug/dL 160.0 - 449.0

TSH 3.050 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500

Prolactin 17.1 High pg-ml 4.0 - 15.2

Estradiol 25.0 pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6

Androstenedione 60 ng/dL 44 - 186

Vitamin D 54.1 ng/mL 32.0 - 100.0

Albumin, Serum 5.0 g/dL 3.5 - 5.5

Hematocrit 45.4 % 36.0 - 50.0

Sex Hormone Binding Glob, Serum 47.6 nmol/L 14.5-48.4

LH and FSH are high, DHEA is low, and Prolactin is High. What about my Estradiol levels and Sex hormone binding globulin? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've been natural bodybuilding for about 9 years now, but my sex drive has never been as high as I would like it to be. For years I just wasn't that interested, rarely woke up with morning erections, thought much about sex. Anyway, check out my bloodwork if you don't mind and see if you guys notice anything that my doc is overlooking.

Vitamin D 54.1 ng/mL 32.0 - 100.0

Albumin, Serum 5.0 g/dL 3.5 - 5.5

Hematocrit 45.4 % 36.0 - 50.0

LH and FSH are high, DHEA is low, and Prolactin is High. What about my Estradiol levels and Sex hormone binding globulin? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
1. Have Dr send you for MRI scan of pituitary ASAP also get your testicles ultra sound to rule out testicular abnormalities.
2. Proper evaluation of thyroid and adrenals would be secondary to the above.
3. SHBG is elevated for other imbalances which are occuring (to a search with SHBG and The matrix)

2 red flags are high prolactin and high FSH,LH which are commonly associated with abnormality on pituitary gland.

e2 levels are fine FOCUS ON STEP ONE PRONTO !!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Thanks for the reply. My doctor put me on Cabergoline 0.5mg to lower the prolactin. Should I be taking something to raise my DHEA? I just made an appointment for an MRI and ultrasound. I noticed on my bloodwork they did not include free testosterone, it just says "will follow".

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. My doctor put me on Cabergoline 0.5mg to lower the prolactin. Should I be taking something to raise my DHEA? I just made an appointment for an MRI and ultrasound. I noticed on my bloodwork they did not include free testosterone, it just says "will follow".
Your barking up the wrong tree..Chasing symptoms not looking at root cause. Did you come off steroid cycle by chance or prohormones?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
an LH that high with an average test level to ME is indicative of secondary hypogonadism. But I'm not a doctor. Like matrix said, you need to identify what that secondary cause is.

hitest

Awards

Your high prolactin looks like the explanation for your mojo issues. I would check for benign (non-cancerous) tumors of the pituitary gland that produce prolactin. These usually also interfere with testosterone production. Your T levels are not really low but could be higher. Something is messing with the negative feedback from testosterone to the hypothalamus and so your LH/FSH are sky high. This is often a sign of failing testicles but you still can produce normal range T so I'm thinking maybe your natural T levels are higher and the prolactin is messing things up. Your estradiol and SHBG look OK.

hitest

Awards
This is the right treatment for prolactinomas and the MRI should confirm. You should give this treatment a while to stabilize. You may need to adjust the dosage. I suspect that things will get a lot better for you once you get the prolactin levels right.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
If you are going to get an MRI done on your pituitary, ask for a "dynamic pituitary mri" They are much better at detecting small tumors of the pituitary gland. It could be a microadenoma, which would be very difficult to detect on a standard mri.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'm waiting on my doc to call me back about getting the dynamic MRI done. I've never done steroids or prohormones, but have had issues with a lower sex drive for the past 10 years or so. Also fatigue, high anxiety, and sleep issues. I'm looking forward to finding out the cause since I've been dealing with this for a while. Thanks again for the replies/info guys

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm waiting on my doc to call me back about getting the dynamic MRI done. I've never done steroids or prohormones, but have had issues with a lower sex drive for the past 10 years or so. Also fatigue, high anxiety, and sleep issues. I'm looking forward to finding out the cause since I've been dealing with this for a while. Thanks again for the replies/info guys
Your Dr will be able to look at the structural imbalances IE pituitary issue, but by asking one simple question could have saved alot of time and effort.

"Do you recall any severe head trama or vehicle accident as a teen? Did you play a lot of contacts sports where you might have had a concussion?" After dealing with many of these cases you learn through experience on how to reduce the person's time of suffering dramatically by attacking it aggressively.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This sounds rough man, sorry I cant offer any help but I would like to hear how this develops. I will be subbed along.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Your Dr will be able to look at the structural imbalances IE pituitary issue, but by asking one simple question could have saved alot of time and effort.

"Do you recall any severe head trama or vehicle accident as a teen? Did you play a lot of contacts sports where you might have had a concussion?" After dealing with many of these cases you learn through experience on how to reduce the person's time of suffering dramatically by attacking it aggressively.

It infuriates me these doctors don't ask me questions like this, they just say "well, its in normal range" or "its on the high end, we'll just keep an eye on it". Also, I did some research a few days ago and found out that I have varicocele on both testicles, and they have been this way since I can remember, around age 13 I guess. The doctors never brought this up. I told my current urologist about this (since he didn't even say anything about it when he examined me a week ago). He said not to worry about it, that it has nothing to do with this, and only has a possible effect on fertility. He did say that my testicles were a little smaller than normal, and I have noticed that they range from on the smaller size to normal size every few days. Its amazing how much research I do on the net, how much info I find, and how clueless doctors are. I even asked about HCG injections, and he told me that is only for women... Anyone know of a urologist who is worth a crap in Kentucky or the surrounding states?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It infuriates me these doctors don't ask me questions like this, they just say "well, its in normal range" or "its on the high end, we'll just keep an eye on it". Also, I did some research a few days ago and found out that I have varicocele on both testicles, and they have been this way since I can remember, around age 13 I guess. The doctors never brought this up. I told my current urologist about this (since he didn't even say anything about it when he examined me a week ago). He said not to worry about it, that it has nothing to do with this, and only has a possible effect on fertility. He did say that my testicles were a little smaller than normal, and I have noticed that they range from on the smaller size to normal size every few days. Its amazing how much research I do on the net, how much info I find, and how clueless doctors are. I even asked about HCG injections, and he told me that is only for women... Anyone know of a urologist who is worth a crap in Kentucky or the surrounding states?
Repairing the structural damage may help resolve alot of your issues. I do not know exactly how it works, but it looks like your body is pushing what every last of juice they get out of your nuts before they crash. This is typical when people have structural or some type of tumor on their testes. You wish the little bastards would just die and get it over with but they are fighting for all they have. You also have indicators for potential thyroid imbalance which need to be further evaluate with FT4, FT3, total T4, rt3, and ferritin as well as vitamin D levels checked. This iswhy I work with open minded medical professionals to help educate them on latest information. Dr's do not have time to do research so they are usually many years behind in updated protocols. After a dr is done work for the daythe last thing they want to do is go on line and read about medical stuff. 8-12 hours a day is enough for 95% of dr's then there are those you want to expand their knowledge. I spend any where from 6-8 hours a week watching webinars, or listening to lectures dealing with different areas in medicine. Since I work with a MD, I have total access to all the medical webinars from different companies only medical professionals can have access among other duties I am responsible for. My main area of focus is autism. Once Dr's understand the biochemistry of this disorder they have the tools to dealing with vast majority of health issues people are dealing today.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Repairing the structural damage may help resolve alot of your issues. I do not know exactly how it works, but it looks like your body is pushing what every last of juice they get out of your nuts before they crash. This is typical when people have structural or some type of tumor on their testes. You wish the little bastards would just die and get it over with but they are fighting for all they have. You also have indicators for potential thyroid imbalance which need to be further evaluate with FT4, FT3, total T4, rt3, and ferritin as well as vitamin D levels checked. This iswhy I work with open minded medical professionals to help educate them on latest information. Dr's do not have time to do research so they are usually many years behind in updated protocols. After a dr is done work for the daythe last thing they want to do is go on line and read about medical stuff. 8-12 hours a day is enough for 95% of dr's then there are those you want to expand their knowledge. I spend any where from 6-8 hours a week watching webinars, or listening to lectures dealing with different areas in medicine. Since I work with a MD, I have total access to all the medical webinars from different companies only medical professionals can have access among other duties I am responsible for. My main area of focus is autism. Once Dr's understand the biochemistry of this disorder they have the tools to dealing with vast majority of health issues people are dealing today.

While I wait for my next doctor visit, another strange effect I've noticed (more so now than before) is that my entire package shrinks big time after a hard workout. It used to do this, but when I got home from a back/arms routine tonight, my entire package looked as if I had been standing naked in 20 degree weather for 10 minutes. After almost two hours its pretty much still like this. Would this just be a side effect my imbalance? Usually my nuts shrink to about half size after an intense workout, but this time its ridiculous. And my sex drive is WAY south of zero.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
While I wait for my next doctor visit, another strange effect I've noticed (more so now than before) is that my entire package shrinks big time after a hard workout. It used to do this, but when I got home from a back/arms routine tonight, my entire package looked as if I had been standing naked in 20 degree weather for 10 minutes. After almost two hours its pretty much still like this. Would this just be a side effect my imbalance? Usually my nuts shrink to about half size after an intense workout, but this time its ridiculous. And my sex drive is WAY south of zero.
Are you taking any stimulates as these can cause dehydration leading to what is refered to as "turtle dik" Are you over training? not drinking enough or taking some kind of new prework out supplement? I know that ECA stack gave me turtle all the time, probably from the increase in catecholamines. Do remember it is getting colder out and do you where white tighties? Take nice hot bath and see if the serpent comes alive.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Update:

Just got MRI back, pituitary is fine, grape size area found on my skull but they're almost positive its from the soft spot closing when I was a baby. Waiting on ACTH and B6 results. My cortisol level was 3.9

Since being on cabergoline, I don't have the joint/ligament pain I've had for the past few years which is awesome. My sex drive still sucks, energy/drive are about the same. Strength at the gym is about normal again, not getting tired as quickly. Is 3.9 low for cortisol? It was taken around 4pm. I'm going to start taking stinging nettle root Friday just to see if it has any effect on lowering my SHBG down from 48.5, and giving me a decent sex drive back. I'm still not sure why my balls are the size of grapes? haha damnit.... :sad3:

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Stinging nettles does.little.for shbg . I have seen 2 people tops it reduce it any

hawgfan09

Awards
I had some of the same issues you discussed. Dr. said it was due to adrenals not fuctioning. Now he has me on DHEA, Weekly T shots of 50mg, and Hydrocotazone. These meds are all natural no synthetic. Check out San Tan Natural Medicine web site.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I had some of the same issues you discussed. Dr. said it was due to adrenals not fuctioning. Now he has me on DHEA, Weekly T shots of 50mg, and Hydrocotazone. These meds are all natural no synthetic. Check out San Tan Natural Medicine web site.
50 mgs of testosterone is basically enough not even to get you out of the 300 range on the trough. I would be cautious of this approach..

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I just got back from a pretty good endocrinologist, he looked over my bloodwork and symptoms and said he is narrowing it down to 3 things. The first is some type of chromosomal disorder (which is he said is the most unlikely of the three), testicular failure, or androgen receptor failure (I think that's what he said). He had blood work done for the chromosome test, and the results will be back in 1-2 weeks. He also said he will likely put me on testosterone gel once he gets the blood results back. I asked him what else he would need to put me on for anti-estrogen, he said nothing. He told me that its very unlikely I'll run into anything like gyno when using the testosterone gel. He also said the gel will keep a more consistent level than injections. I just don't understand how my body is physically on the level of natural pro bodybuilder, but my testosterone levels have never been high? I definitely don't want to screw my physique up with testosterone gel, but I guess he would just prescribe an anti-estrogen I had any of those effects?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I just got back from a pretty good endocrinologist, he looked over my bloodwork and symptoms and said he is narrowing it down to 3 things. The first is some type of chromosomal disorder (which is he said is the most unlikely of the three), testicular failure, or androgen receptor failure (I think that's what he said). He had blood work done for the chromosome test, and the results will be back in 1-2 weeks. He also said he will likely put me on testosterone gel once he gets the blood results back. I asked him what else he would need to put me on for anti-estrogen, he said nothing. He told me that its very unlikely I'll run into anything like gyno when using the testosterone gel. He also said the gel will keep a more consistent level than injections. I just don't understand how my body is physically on the level of natural pro bodybuilder, but my testosterone levels have never been high? I definitely don't want to screw my physique up with testosterone gel, but I guess he would just prescribe an anti-estrogen I had any of those effects?
I am concerned about low cortisol, Thats like a huge red flag possible addison levels. Which should be ruled out by ACTH Stim test.
Low cortisol most likely you will not be able to absorb it. One can retest in 3-5 days after application of gel to see if its getting in there. Why wait 3 months and feel like crap when you do not have to. If he will not test you then do it your self. Just need total T.

YOU NEVER GIVE AN AI TILL AFTER YOU START HRT !!! Estradiol may even come down when starting HRT.
Giving an AI for hell of it bad medicine..