Low libido but good blood work??

aerospace56

Awards
Hi everyone,
First off, I would like to thank everyone here for all the info on this site as I've learned soo much the past few months. I finally had the courage to get a blood test after experiencing low libido the past 2 years after running a couple of pro hormone cycles and from what I can tell the blood work seems pretty good. I'm 24 years old, 180 lbs and have a very clean diet. Please let me know if I'm missing anything as far as the blood work goes.. Thank you for any help.

TSH 1.03 miu/ml (.45-4.5)
T4, free 1.32 ng/dl (.82-1.77)
T4 7.6 ug/dl (4.5-12)
T3 uptake 34% (24-39)
free thyroxine index 2.66 (1.2-4.9)
Prolactin 6.6 ng/ml (4-15.2)
estradiol, sensitive 18 pg/ml (3-70)

Testosterone, serum 793 ng/dl (280-800)
free testosterone, serum 140 pg,ml (52-280)

bioavailable + free testosterone.
testosterone, serum (total) 739 ng/dl (350-1030)
% free testosterone (dialysis) 1.9% (1.5-3.2)
bioavailable testosterone, % 67.6
bioavailable testosterone, S 500 ng/ml (128-430)
vitamin d, 25-hydroxy 66.8 (32-100)

sex hormone bind. gl. (shbg) 21.3 nmol/l (14.5-48.4)
cortisol-am 16.8 (6.2-19.4)
triiodothyronine, free serum 3.9 (2.0-4.4)
ferritin, serum 70 (30-400)
Dhea sulfate 417.5 ug/dl (211-492)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
your cortisol is a bit high...

Sounds stress related

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
your cortisol is a bit high...

Sounds stress related
Your cortisol levels are fine considering most likely you where probably stressed going into give blood. In many people I deal with cortisol serum being elevated is usually due to the fact that either dealing with incompetent lab people, being rushed or pissed off by peoples driving, or just the sight of the needle. To say the cortisol is high is in accurate. Actually one wants to see 17-20 range in cortisol levels as these are indication the body has proper reserve to deal with the stress. In these situations I would look deeper mainly in to the GI, liver, thyroid, adrenals and also neurotransmitters. First step would to have a full detailed history which for people I deal with is usually 2-3 pages in explicit detail. ALong with further diagnostic testing starting with adrenal stress profile and detailed medical history, then work with Dr to rule out other factors. Might be in your hard wiring and not in the hormones. I have had people who had food allergies and inflammed GI tracts despite good hormones levels still having libido issues.

aerospace56

Awards
Your cortisol levels are fine considering most likely you where probably stressed going into give blood. In many people I deal with cortisol serum being elevated is usually due to the fact that either dealing with incompetent lab people, being rushed or pissed off by peoples driving, or just the sight of the needle. To say the cortisol is high is in accurate. Actually one wants to see 17-20 range in cortisol levels as these are indication the body has proper reserve to deal with the stress. In these situations I would look deeper mainly in to the GI, liver, thyroid, adrenals and also neurotransmitters. First step would to have a full detailed history which for people I deal with is usually 2-3 pages in explicit detail. ALong with further diagnostic testing starting with adrenal stress profile and detailed medical history, then work with Dr to rule out other factors. Might be in your hard wiring and not in the hormones. I have had people who had food allergies and inflammed GI tracts despite good hormones levels still having libido issues.
Thank you both for the responses. I'm a pretty calm person and I dont really stress too much so I doubt it's the cortisol levels but I will look into GI tract, liver, thyroid, and adrenals.. What exactly do you mean by neurotransmitters as it relates to my condition? Since I've had no problems with my libido before the prohormones, could all these potential problems with my body be because of them or something else? Sorry for all the questions its just frustrating as hell being young with sex problems and still good hormones.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Obviously if hormones are good you need to look out side the box in to other areas. Where are you located?

Des C

Awards
No expert but if your bloodwork looks good - it's good. In your opening message you make the link with previous PH use. Your test results suggest that no significant damage has been done. This in turn would suggest that your libido issues might be down to your current mindset rather than a physiological problem. Some questions you might want to ask yourself (in private). Did my libido disappear or reduce suddenly? Did I have a performance / confidence crisis? Do I experience fear or apprehension regarding performance? Does everything work when I'm playing solo?
If your confidence is at the root of this, just take your time to get to know your next partner. You can even let them know you find it hard to relax due to a negative relationship experience.
You're only 24 but stop treating sex as a competitive sport and you'll find that everything will work just fine.

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
How about reducing your stress? What do you do for a living? How do you relax? How often do you exercise? You might be able to find an anti-aging clinic or an doc that specializes in ED that will prescribe PT-141? Maybe.....

But at 24 that is really young to lose your mojo!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How about reducing your stress? What do you do for a living? How do you relax? How often do you exercise? You might be able to find an anti-aging clinic or an doc that specializes in ED that will prescribe PT-141? Maybe.....

But at 24 that is really young to lose your mojo!
Again go back to the simpliest question "why did are you having these symptoms?"
Answers can be found via biological, structural, psychological, environmental, or lifestyle imbalances no other way around it. Most antiging speciailist will not venture out side the realm of endocrine system which is only 25 % of the equation when there is the immune, psychological, neurological, GI, liver and lifestyles, nutrition have never even been investigated.

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
Agreed. Completely.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Completely.
If you tell me the area I be glad to reference for medical professionals who think out side the box. To get the proper help you may have to travel.

hitest

Awards
All these numbers look good. You might want to check a few more things. My suggestions are: DHT, androstenedione and progesterone.

Can you give more information about the nature and history of your problems? What pro-hormones did you use?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
All these numbers look good. You might want to check a few more things. My suggestions are: DHT, androstenedione and progesterone.

Can you give more information about th
e nature and history of your problems? What pro-hormones did you use?

with these numbers dht and.progesterone would.not.matter..these are cases i.love a good challenge.

hitest

Awards
with these numbers dht and.progesterone would.not.matter..these are cases i.love a good challenge.
I agree it is unlikely to find anything unusual with these tests but I disagree that it does not matter what the numbers are. Really high DHT or androstenedione could contribute to low mojo as could a zeroed progesterone. Stranger things have happened.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I agree it is unlikely to find anything unusual with these tests but I disagree that it does not matter what the numbers are. Really high DHT or androstenedione could contribute to low mojo as could a zeroed progesterone. Stranger things have happened.
I know I have seen them, and some of them are bizarre, but proven scientifically.
Aerospace how close is the nearest electric plant? You have high tension wires over your house at all? Do any other the people in the same house hold have any health issue beside your self?

Cortisol could have been falsely elevated at the time of the test, need ferritin and CBC, CMP with liver to further investigate.
Cortisol saliva test would be my next suggestion. or neurotransmitter testing.