Acute Epididymitis + Possible Varicocele .... Antibiotics + T levels?

anaminds

Awards
First off I wanted to just say thanks to anyone who takes the time to read all this and provide input. The support is greatly appreciated. And sorry for any grammar errors.

I am in my early 20s and have been diagnosed with an Epididymal cyst, Acute Epididymitis and a possible Varicocele all on the left side.

A little over a month ago I went to an urologist because of bump on at the top of my left testicle and some very minor pain, but overall everything was great. He ran scans/urine tests and said no cancer, but found an Epididymal cyst on my left testicle. He prescribed me Doxycycline Hyclate to help clear up any other possible issues. Now I usually try to avoid "un-need" mediation, but I decided these were my nuts and I didn't need to play tough guy.

After the first two days on the antibiotics my pain increased on the left side, and everything went down hill from there. I was perfectly fine just a month ago big organisms, morning wood and 2-3 random erections a day. Now over the last month my sex drive and any daytime erections have disappeared. I am not sure if this was the antibiotics, or just timing.

I can still achieve erections sexually, but my ejaculation seems to almost fall out, and I feel like I am not finished when it stops.

I went to see another doctor and he suggested Acute Epididymitis, and said he felt a possibly slight Varicocele on my left side as well. He attributed my sex drive loss, and erection loss to my Epididymitis pain. Saying that when your in pain in that area you aren't going to want to have sex typically and the pain could be effecting me sexually. He said the cyst wouldn't effect my sex drive, but it could add to the pain. He said he didn't think such a minor Varicocele would act this quickly, and with pressure tests said the majority of my pain was located around the epididymis.

Since I was just on antibiotics and they didn't help he said he wouldn't suggest more. But told me I should take an anti-inflammatory twice a day and daily 30 min. hot baths to help with the Epididymitis pain. He said he wanted to get the pain under control and see if that gets my sex drive back. And told me to come back in 2 weeks to see where I am at.

I agree with him, and think he did a really great job. Really took time to inspect everything, and explain his thoughts to me and listened to mine. But I am still kind of puzzled at why my sex drive is flat gone, and the weird/weak ejaculations.

The only thing I could compare it to was about 4 months ago I took some over the counter hairloss/DHT-lowering supplements and felt exactly the same as I do now sexually, and even had similar organisms. I stopped taking them immediately after I noticed these side effects, and I quickly bounced back to normal and things have been great for 3-4 months.

Could the antibiotics effected my Testosterone or DHT levels?

I was thinking of getting my Testosterone tested? Can you get your DHT tested as well or how does that work?

Thanks again!