HRT for years, with sudden drop in test, IGF-1, etc. Cause?

commodore64

commodore64

Awards
I've been doing HRT for 3 years, no Test due to issues with bacne, but that hasn't been a problem as my levels have been pretty good: 1000 in december, 880 in June, the a Free that was okay. And my IGF-1 was respectable at 282 and 260 for the same time frames. But this last blood test had my test down to 362 and IFG-1 down to 182. Ouch. No change in my hrt routine. I'm doing as rxed - to the letter.

So here's the non hrt stuff I have done, I'm wondering if any of this might be possible causes:
- I started taking Policosanol, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Green Tea Extract daily for the last 3 months.
- I started Lean Gains with a morning fasting period about 2 months ago.
- I started HD50 about 5 days before the blood test
- I used to inject B12 almost daily, and stopped that about 2 months ago.

Other than that, no major life changes, stress levels, etc...

Any thoughts on what might be the likely culprit in the above list?

I've now started taking test, and other PHs, but didn't expect to start that cycle with this low of levels. So appreciate any help in isolating what I might have done to cause the drop.

getalpha

Awards
Sorry I'm not that up on things to take a guess as to why your test has dropped.

But I'd love to know how lean gains worked for you? Just started myself.

commodore64

commodore64

Awards
But I'd love to know how lean gains worked for you? Just started myself.
It's great! Easy to stick with, much easier than most diets. That said, I've not tried a hard hard cut on it. It seems like a great way to maintain. I'd need to modify though, becasue not eating until 2pm on a Sat/Sun with nothing going on just won't happen. So those days should go back to a sensible 6 meals plan. But Mon-Fri - when work is keeping me busy in the AM - it works like a charm. There's a great thread on it in the forum somewhere, you can read all about various approaches people are taking...and how much they love the big meals you get to have on this diet. It's good stuff.

I got down to 4% BF on a different diet, so when it's time to cut, I'm going to see if I can do the same with LG.

Sorry I'm not that up on things to take a guess as to why your test has dropped.
Could use some help on this one if folks have any ideas. I mean, the plan will likley be the same .... i.e. take test. But would love to get thoughts on what the hell might have happened here....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hrt can depleted dhea which can help increase igf-1. If.one is taking armidex can lower igf Level significantly. Hrt can also.induce sleep.area in people which can effect sleep patterns as well.as igf levels. Serotonin and neurotransmitter imbalances can cause low igf-1 levels. Excessive of.insulin will.lower igf Level.

commodore64

commodore64

Awards
Hrt can depleted dhea which can help increase igf-1.
Matrix - thanks man. So are you saying high dhea can result in low igf-1? Becuase I just looked through my labs and my dhea is in fact very high, outside the reference ranges.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i'm assuming thats a halodrol clone, so its probably the answer right there. even 5 days on an exogenous androgen can suppress natural production some
High dhea.can.be seen in anxiety and panic disorders or normal stress.response. Meds such as federal.or other.amphetamines can.cause this as well.