YUP, SHBG 82.4, HELP!!!!!!!

  1. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0

    YUP, SHBG 82.4, HELP!!!!!!!


    I am 58yr old male. 12 yrs DXed Hashis, Hypothyroid. NO PSA, BPH, or Hair loss issues. High dose T4 allergy, so use NDT, T3 mix. Never used AAS. Allergic to high phytoestrogen foods, and histamines. 6 tall, 165lbs, good diet, no stress, no other medical conditions or medications.

    After being on 75mcg of T3, for 8 months, I developed easy exhaustion when doing heavy exercise. It felt like heart problems. So, I did ZRT Labs, saliva and blood spot test.

    ZRT 2/21/2011 on 75mcg T3

    E2 0.7 (.5 2.2)
    Test 53 (44 - 148)
    DHEAs 1.5 (2 23)

    IMO T3 was killing my FT (Low T), so I switched to 3grains of NDT, and added 750 mgs of Stinging Nettles Root Extract.

    ZRT 6/21/2011 on 3 grains NDT

    E2 1.5 (.5 2.2)
    Test 56 (44 - 148)
    DHEAs 4.1 (2 23)
    LH 3.2 (1 8.4)

    IMO these test results showed that lowering T3 helped a little.

    For my next experiment, I decided to try 180 IU of HCG ED sublingually, 25mcg T3, and 25mg DHEA. (The use of T3 may seem inconsistent, but the HCG was a thyroid rush) After 3 weeks on HCG, I got LABCORP
    Blood tests.

    LABCORP 08/19/2011 on 25mcg T3, HCG, DHEA

    TT 756 (193 740)
    FT 13.08 (5 21)
    DHEAs 346 (52 295)
    LH 4.8 (1.7 8.6)
    E2sens 16 (3 70)
    SHBG 82.4 (14.5 48.4)

    Again, IMO the main problem is the SHBG. I have AROMASIN on order.
    But, until it arrives, I have decided to BLOOD test three weeks on 240 IU HCG ED, 1.5 grains NDT, 12.5 DHEA. The lab work will cover TT, FT, SHBG, DHT, and Progesterone.

    OK guys, have you ever seen a SHBG this high? Matrix, HAN, Phil.

    Do you have a better idea than Aromasin or DANAZOL?

  2. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    I am 58yr old male. 12 yrs DXed Hashis, Hypothyroid. NO PSA, BPH, or Hair loss issues. High dose T4 allergy, so use NDT, T3 mix. Never used AAS. Allergic to high phytoestrogen foods, and histamines. 6 tall, 165lbs, good diet, no stress, no other medical conditions or medications.After being on 75mcg of T3, for 8 months, I developed easy exhaustion when doing heavy exercise. It felt like heart problems. So, I did ZRT Labs, saliva and blood spot test. ZRT 2/21/2011 on 75mcg T3E2 0.7 (.5 2.2) Test 53 (44 - 148)DHEAs 1.5 (2 23) IMO T3 was killing my FT (Low T), so I switched to 3grains of NDT, and added 750 mgs of Stinging Nettles Root Extract.ZRT 6/21/2011 on 3 grains NDTE2 1.5 (.5 2.2) Test 56 (44 - 148)DHEAs 4.1 (2 23) LH 3.2 (1 8.4) IMO these test results showed that lowering T3 helped a little. For my next experiment, I decided to try 180 IU of HCG ED sublingually, 25mcg T3, and 25mg DHEA. (The use of T3 may seem inconsistent, but the HCG was a thyroid rush) After 3 weeks on HCG, I got LABCORP Blood tests. LABCORP 08/19/2011 on 25mcg T3, HCG, DHEATT 756 (193 740)FT 13.08 (5 21)DHEAs 346 (52 295)LH 4.8 (1.7 8.6)E2sens 16 (3 70)SHBG 82.4 (14.5 48.4) Again, IMO the main problem is the SHBG. I have AROMASIN on order. But, until it arrives, I have decided to BLOOD test three weeks on 240 IU HCG ED, 1.5 grains NDT, 12.5 DHEA. The lab work will cover TT, FT, SHBG, DHT, and Progesterone.OK guys, have you ever seen a SHBG this high? Matrix, HAN, Phil. Do you have a better idea than Aromasin or DANAZOL?
    T3 and NT thyroid has been shown to increase shbg in many clinical studies.Danazol would not be a good idea because it will cause your total TT to drop which is not the desired effect one is looking for.Proper functioning of liver pathways are essential for production of SHBG. When there is inflammation with in the liver due to hepaititus, NASH, excessive alcohol consumption and other factors SHBG can increase By lowering e2 down to dangerous levels one who is older is putting them self at risk for increase of cardiovascular disorders,osteomalcia and other bone diseases.SHBG can be deceased by increasing carbohydrates if on a low carb diet. One also needs to look at absorption and assimulation of nutrients which can result from malabsorption or starvation causing an increase in SHBG.Look for factors which cause it rather then just trying to blast it with meds.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    My SHBG was in the 70s but my E2 was high. Your E2 seems on the low side for explaining this. I had some flakey labs so you may want to repeat for confirmation. You should give some effort to seeing if there is another reason for the high SHBG as the Matrix suggests before jumping on Aromasin but maybe it is just the thyroid meds. I don't understand what the Matrix meant by "Using aromasin is not a good idea unless you are already on an adex to begin with". My concern is that your E2 may in fact be too low already.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    I appreciate all replies, they make me think. I do not drink alcohol, and I do not think my SHBG level is caused by liver disfunction.
    My digestion tract is perfect, and I have a balanced healthy diet. I weigh 165 because I lost 20 lbs of muscle and bone in the 8 months that I was on pure T3. Within weeks of getting off pure T3, my fatigue faded away, but I do not know where all my hormones levels were while on T3 only. The reason I played with HCG was, to see if I tolerated it, and make sure I could use it to make a good TT level. Once I get the SHBG down from outrageously high to just to very high, I will test everything again. If 1/4 of an Aromasin ED for a month gets my SHBG into human range, then I will see what hormone is wrong next. My research has not found any clear, direct method to influence SHBG. Hitest, what do you feel helped you lower your SHBG?
  5. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    I appreciate all replies, they make me think. I do not drink alcohol, and I do not think my SHBG level is caused by liver disfunction.
    My digestion tract is perfect, and I have a balanced healthy diet. I weigh 165 because I lost 20 lbs of muscle and bone in the 8 months that I was on pure T3. Within weeks of getting off pure T3, my fatigue faded away, but I do not know where all my hormones levels were while on T3 only. The reason I played with HCG was, to see if I tolerated it, and make sure I could use it to make a good TT level. Once I get the SHBG down from outrageously high to just to very high, I will test everything again. If 1/4 of an Aromasin ED for a month gets my SHBG into human range, then I will see what hormone is wrong next. My research has not found any clear, direct method to influence SHBG. Hitest, what do you feel helped you lower your SHBG?
    I'm still working on it but I think I know what to do now. My SHBG dropped from 72 to 57 after reducing Avodart by 22%. It is pretty clear now that it is high E2 that is elevating my SHBG. Lowering Avodart reduced T which reduced conversion to E2. I will probably go with a very low dose of Aromasin to bring my E2 down a little. Your situation looks very different. If I were you I would stay clear of Aromasin because I think your E2 may be too low and you could make it worse. I think your thyroid meds may be the culprit. I would not touch an AI unless you have labs showing a higher E2. Going too low on E2 can take a long time to recover from. I would worry less about the SHBG and more about making sure your free T and E2 are where they should be. This is what causes symptoms rather than the level of SHBG. I wish I had an easy solution for this but your case is more complicated.
  6. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    OK, my latest labs, I upped sublingual HCG to 240IUs ED, lowered DHEA to 12.5mg ED, cut my Thyroid in half and allowed myself to go hypo,

    Labcorp 10/14/11

    TT 712 (193 - 740)
    FT 11.53 (5 - 21)
    DHT 57 (30 - 85)
    Progesterone .5 (.2 - 1.4)
    SHBG 77.6 (14.5 - 48.4)

    Labcorp has added a interesting note starting Oct 17th SHBG range for men over 49 is changing to (19.3 -76.4)
    I guess no one has an SHBG problem anymore.

    Anyway, next I'm going to test 25mg of DANAZOL ED. and SHBG test after 2 months.
  7. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    Anyway, next I'm going to test 25mg of DANAZOL ED. and SHBG test after 2 months.
    So did you start on Danazol? How does it feel? It does not seem that the mechanism of action of Danazol is that well known.
  8. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    I'm on day 27, at 50mg ED of DANAZOL. I will blood test SHBG after 70 days, and post the results.
    So far, absolutly no bad sides.... actually DANAZOL improves rhinitis.
    SHBG has a 15 to 20 day HALF LIFE, so I do not expect to feel much yet, and based on the following
    research paper, I think I will need more than 50mg. I plan to increase my dose slowly, based on the
    blood tests.

    This site will not allow me to post a complete WEB address, so add .W.W.W.....but here is a great DANAZOL paper.
    .freepatentsonline.com/EP1079836.html

    As for your gut issues??? have you tried XYLITOL or cellulose digesting enzymes?
  9. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    I'm on day 27, at 50mg ED of DANAZOL. I will blood test SHBG after 70 days, and post the results.
    So far, absolutly no bad sides.... actually DANAZOL improves rhinitis.
    SHBG has a 15 to 20 day HALF LIFE, so I do not expect to feel much yet, and based on the following
    research paper, I think I will need more than 50mg. I plan to increase my dose slowly, based on the
    blood tests.

    This site will not allow me to post a complete WEB address, so add .W.W.W.....but here is a great DANAZOL paper.
    .freepatentsonline.com/EP1079836.html

    As for your gut issues??? have you tried XYLITOL or cellulose digesting enzymes?
    i.have done alot.of.research into.shbg.
    1. Medicines - thyroid
    2. Danazol will not work because it will bring total testosterone down in lock step.
    3. Alot of guys with high shbg have high e1 or.e2
    4. In ability to.metabolise estrogen. Goes back to liver or gi inflammation
    As.well.as.malabsorption of.nutrients.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  10. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    I'm on day 27, at 50mg ED of DANAZOL. I will blood test SHBG after 70 days, and post the results.
    So far, absolutly no bad sides.... actually DANAZOL improves rhinitis.
    SHBG has a 15 to 20 day HALF LIFE, so I do not expect to feel much yet, and based on the following
    research paper, I think I will need more than 50mg. I plan to increase my dose slowly, based on the
    blood tests.

    This site will not allow me to post a complete WEB address, so add .W.W.W.....but here is a great DANAZOL paper.
    .freepatentsonline.com/EP1079836.html

    As for your gut issues??? have you tried XYLITOL or cellulose digesting enzymes?
    It was never clear to me what your current major problems are from your posts. You mentioned fatigue but you seem to have fixed that by getting off T3. Can you please clarify what symptoms you are hoping to fix?

    Thanks for the link - the case studies are interesting.

    I used to take all kinds of digestive enzymes for many years. They really seemed to help with my food intolerances. Those got better but after a while I started having problem with the digestive enzymes themselves and stopped taking them. Fortunately, my food intolerances did not come back. Is there a specific product you had in mind? As for alternative sugars to promote beneficial gut flora I did try FOS for a while but not xylitol except in chewing gum. FOS did not help. How were you thinking one would use xylitol? As a sugar substitute or as a supplement?
  11. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    OK hitest...

    I am persuing my hi SHBG, because I would like to see where my FT, TT, E2, DHT would be if my SHBG were in range. Also, I may have to increase my T3 intake in the future, and I already know my SHBG will get even higher, if I do. So, I experiment with lowering it now.

    You posted a thread, and asked about alternative ideas on solving gut issues. XYLITOL will kill, bacteria(oral and gut) and fungus(candida, oral and gut).
  12. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    OK hitest...

    I am persuing my hi SHBG, because I would like to see where my FT, TT, E2, DHT would be if my SHBG were in range. Also, I may have to increase my T3 intake in the future, and I already know my SHBG will get even higher, if I do. So, I experiment with lowering it now.

    You posted a thread, and asked about alternative ideas on solving gut issues. XYLITOL will kill, bacteria(oral and gut) and fungus(candida, oral and gut).
    If you feel fine then why bother messing around with SHBG? The old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies here - you could cause a problem. Of course I don't mind if you like being a guinea pig for us but it would be more interesting if you actually had some symptoms like ED, fatigue or something to report progress on.

    I will give the Xylitol a try. Seems like a good idea to replace sugar with it. On the other hand, I am not really sure if sugar is a problem for me. I don't eat sweets that often and when I do I usually feel better.
  13. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    After 68 days on 50mg of DANAZOL, my SHBG has gone from 80 to 31.3 now. This is where I will keep my dose.
    Now that my SHBG is good, I will order TT, FT, and E2 tests, to see what I have changed, and to establish a baseline.

    I need to change my AM id.
  14. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    After 68 days on 50mg of DANAZOL, my SHBG has gone from 80 to 31.3 now. This is where I will keep my dose.
    Now that my SHBG is good, I will order TT, FT, and E2 tests, to see what I have changed, and to establish a baseline.

    I need to change my AM id.
    If you are not on HRT in majority of cases SHBG and testosterone will go in lock step.
    If you follow the normal pattern I have seen your total testosterone is about 250-400 TT

    I have incredible intricate case of this and it will probably will have to be HRT to get the desired results to help the symptoms.
    He does not have the money to get further testing into probably causes, has been on an anti inflammatory diet for 2 years, only thing we can speculate his a genetic freak when it comes to this.

    Have have spoke to several experts on this phenomon and it has been linked to majority of cases from some kind of immune response which is resulting in inflammation usually associated with hidden toxicity or hyper sentivity to environmental exposures (xenoestrogens,plastics, ect) or specific medications (thyroid ..)
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    After 68 days on 50mg of DANAZOL, my SHBG has gone from 80 to 31.3 now. This is where I will keep my dose.
    Now that my SHBG is good, I will order TT, FT, and E2 tests, to see what I have changed, and to establish a baseline.
    I need to change my AM id.
    How do you feel? Did this change in SHBG make any difference? Will you continue with DANAZOL?
  16. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    Well, I gained 10 lbs, in 10 weeks. I am not working out, so, it is not all muscle, but, it is not all fat.
    The lab tests are important too me, because I don't want to fool my self into thinking that I feel differently.
    Anyway, as Shawn has stated, I expect my TT to adjust downward, as a result of the lower SHBG, and hope that I am now freeing up more FT.
    Since my previous E2 lab was the super duper sensitive one from Labcorp, and everyone says it gives false LOWs,
    I'm looking forward to getting the E2 results on the cheaper (more consistant) Labcorp test.
    I am amazed with how well, DANAZOL, lowers SHBG.
    If my TT is too low, I will use sublingual HCG, to nudge my TT a little higher.
    Blood draw will be this Friday, I'll post results.......
  17. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    Well, I gained 10 lbs, in 10 weeks. I am not working out, so, it is not all muscle, but, it is not all fat.
    The lab tests are important too me, because I don't want to fool my self into thinking that I feel differently.
    Anyway, as Shawn has stated, I expect my TT to adjust downward, as a result of the lower SHBG, and hope that I am now freeing up more FT.
    Since my previous E2 lab was the super duper sensitive one from Labcorp, and everyone says it gives false LOWs,
    I'm looking forward to getting the E2 results on the cheaper (more consistant) Labcorp test.
    I am amazed with how well, DANAZOL, lowers SHBG.
    If my TT is too low, I will use sublingual HCG, to nudge my TT a little higher.
    Blood draw will be this Friday, I'll post results.......
    Cheaper.lab corp is some what.more accurate then other one, but still.not.on.par.symptoms wise.then quest.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    Shawn, you were too optimistic, my TT came in at 243 (348 - 1197) Free and Weakly Bound 89.2 (40 - 250)
    Hitest, you were right, I should have retested the E2, 85.4 (7.6 - 42.6) My previous E2 was not low, the Labcorp test results were wrong.

    If I had correct E2 test results before, then I would have used an AI to lower the SHBG.

    I have not had time to really think about what my next move will be.
  19. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    Shawn, you were too optimistic, my TT came in at 243 (348 - 1197) Free and Weakly Bound 89.2 (40 - 250)
    Hitest, you were right, I should have retested the E2, 85.4 (7.6 - 42.6) My previous E2 was not low, the Labcorp test results were wrong.

    If I had correct E2 test results before, then I would have used an AI to lower the SHBG.

    I have not had time to really think about what my next move will be.
    So i was right in my prediction which was based on common trends I was seeing. Honestly I have a few suggestion, but further evaluation needs to be done any ND or functional medicine dr would agree. Like I said I have a possible solution to this just waiting to see the response
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  20. Registered User
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    Shawn, you were too optimistic, my TT came in at 243 (348 - 1197) Free and Weakly Bound 89.2 (40 - 250)
    Hitest, you were right, I should have retested the E2, 85.4 (7.6 - 42.6) My previous E2 was not low, the Labcorp test results were wrong.

    If I had correct E2 test results before, then I would have used an AI to lower the SHBG.

    I have not had time to really think about what my next move will be.
    Labs are far less reliable for hormones than one would expect. The CDC has recently been trying to encourage improvements in the situation.

    AIs are far less useful tools for E2 manipulation that I expected too. I did not like the sides of either Adex (made me dizzy) or Aromasin (made me weak) and E2 is very hard to pin down. Maybe I'd like letrozole better but I doubt it. Fortunately, my E2 situation is not so bad that I have to use something.
  21. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hitest View Post
    Labs are far less reliable for hormones than one would expect. The CDC has recently been trying to encourage improvements in the situation.

    AIs are far less useful tools for E2 manipulation that I expected too. I did not like the sides of either Adex (made me dizzy) or Aromasin (made me weak) and E2 is very hard to pin down. Maybe I'd like letrozole better but I doubt it. Fortunately, my E2 situation is not so bad that I have to use something.
    As mentioned before with many DR's work with now we are looking into why e2 levels are elevated and through balancing the liver and GI tract we are seeing a drastic decline in need for AI. Eventually in the future, we can do away with them all together which would be a huge accomplishment. Again every case is individual,
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  22. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    Since DANAZOL did not have the desired effect, I stopped using it and waited 3 months to run a complete baseline blood test,
    to see if anything was affected PERMANTLY by the DANAZOL.


    LABCORP (Privatemd male antiaging panel) 04/20/2012 on nothing.
    TT 593 (348 1197)
    LH 4.4 (1.7 8.6)
    E2sens 19 (3 70)
    SHBG 70.1 (19.3 76.4)
    FT (calculated by me) 7.48 (5 21) 1.26%

    The PrivateMD male antiaging panel comes with the E2 sensitive test, and the results looked too low, so I ordered the regular E2 test.

    LABCORP (E2) 04/27/2012 (7 days later)
    E2 54.8 (7.6-42.6)

    I have AROMASIN and ARIMIDEX on hand, and I anticipate no bad sides to either.

    Which would you choose to start with, at what dose, and why?

    In the last month I discovered that I was undermethylated and low on PST.
    I am addressing these issues.

    I wonder if the reason why the Labcorp E2 sensitive results differ from the Cheaper E2 results, is that Estradiol
    (which is a phenol) is not getting cleared easily and one test is counting slowly cleared E2 more than the other?
  23. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    This issues have been covered several times. People just have to find out for them selves ..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  24. Registered User
    ohiostate2827's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    784
    Answers
    0


    i liked AROMASIN i had no probs on it..but the dr i have now likes ARIMIDEX and so far i havent had any sides with it either. Aromasin seemed to boost up my libido more.
  25. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    THANX for a free answer, ohio. How high was your E2? How much of a dose of Aromasin did you take?
  26. Registered User
    peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    Well, shbg82, where did you end up after your Danazol trial. Still have high shbg? Did you ever come to a conclusion as to what caused it in the first place? I would have guessed the T3.

    Oh, and have you found a reliable E2 test?
  27. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    Well I'm going to rely on LABCORP (Estradiol 4515 with the (7.6-42.6) range.
    My DANAZOL test was a stupid mistake.
    Right now I'm taking 6.25mg generic Aromasin twice a week, and plan a E2 test in a week or two, and verify that it is working.
    Once my E2 looks better, I will try Stinging Nettles Root Extract and try to increase my Free Test ratio.
    T3?, I'm not that sure it is the only cause for my SHBG level. I have a histamine problem and that may also add to the SHBG.
    I have decided to take baby steps.......
  28. Registered User
    peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0


    I'm curious why you believe your experience with Danazol (crashing total T without raising free T) will be any different with nettle. I ask because I have the same problem as you - high SHBG, low free T - and wonder whether nettle and similar stuff will work. There appear to be two ways of looking at SHBG. One says it determines the level of free T, but the other says it basically controls total T but doesn't affect free T in the end. It seems pretty clear that the latter interpretation is right for Danazol, but I don't know about nettle, particularly in the long run.

    I just wonder if the solution for both of us may be TRT with T added, not just HGC. Then Danazol should work.

    By the way, two other herbs I found may also lower SHBG - avena sativa and muira puana, but I don't think they lower DHT the way nettle is said to do, which may not be a good thing.

    Good luck.

    Oh, and I'd like to know more about the histamine connection to SHBG. Couldn't find anything on that.
  29. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    I'm curious why you believe your experience with Danazol (crashing total T without raising free T) will be any different with nettle. I ask because I have the same problem as you - high SHBG, low free T - and wonder whether nettle and similar stuff will work. There appear to be two ways of looking at SHBG. One says it determines the level of free T, but the other says it basically controls total T but doesn't affect free T in the end. It seems pretty clear that the latter interpretation is right for Danazol, but I don't know about nettle, particularly in the long run.


    I just wonder if the solution for both of us may be TRT with T added, not just HGC. Then Danazol should work.

    By the way, two other herbs I found may also lower SHBG - avena sativa and muira puana, but I don't think they lower DHT the way nettle is said to do, which may not be a good thing.

    Good luck.

    Oh, and I'd like to know more about the histamine connection to SHBG. Couldn't find anything on that.
    Danazol is a drug and with in every case it was used, unless on HRT the SHBG and T will go in lock step, As SHBG goes down, T goes down and. Nettle will effect things more at the AR then blood levels which it rarely has shown to actually lower SHBG.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  30. Registered User
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    I'm curious why you believe your experience with Danazol (crashing total T without raising free T) will be any different with nettle. I ask because I have the same problem as you - high SHBG, low free T - and wonder whether nettle and similar stuff will work. There appear to be two ways of looking at SHBG. One says it determines the level of free T, but the other says it basically controls total T but doesn't affect free T in the end. It seems pretty clear that the latter interpretation is right for Danazol, but I don't know about nettle, particularly in the long run.

    I just wonder if the solution for both of us may be TRT with T added, not just HGC. Then Danazol should work.

    By the way, two other herbs I found may also lower SHBG - avena sativa and muira puana, but I don't think they lower DHT the way nettle is said to do, which may not be a good thing.

    Good luck.

    Oh, and I'd like to know more about the histamine connection to SHBG. Couldn't find anything on that.
    I believe that when DANAZOL lowered my SHBG, my FreeT did go UP. The problem is I aromatized it into E2.
    Then my HPTA set point, lowered my LH because it saw enough (E2 + FT), and my TT crashed.

    Yes, it seems like I could use HCG or TRT to boost TT, an AI to control E2, and DANANZOL, Nettles,
    or oral DHT to control SHBG….But no I’m not going to.

    I have not found almost nothing, on the web, on how to raise my natural HPTA set point, which unfortunately
    slips lower with age. And I don’t think medicine has any idea what regulates the livers output of SHBG.
    I am not hypogonal primary or secondary, just low FT.

    The reason I don’t like using the OTC herbs for SHBG is I get a histamine reaction to many Phenols
    and I’m afraid that something like muira puana is going to add to this problem.
  31. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    I believe that when DANAZOL lowered my SHBG, my FreeT did go UP. The problem is I aromatized it into E2.
    Then my HPTA set point, lowered my LH because it saw enough (E2 + FT), and my TT crashed.

    Yes, it seems like I could use HCG or TRT to boost TT, an AI to control E2, and DANANZOL, Nettles,
    or oral DHT to control SHBG….But no I’m not going to.

    I have not found almost nothing, on the web, on how to raise my natural HPTA set point, which unfortunately
    slips lower with age. And I don’t think medicine has any idea what regulates the livers output of SHBG.
    I am not hypogonal primary or secondary, just low FT.

    The reason I don’t like using the OTC herbs for SHBG is I get a histamine reaction to many Phenols
    and I’m afraid that something like muira puana is going to add to this problem.
    Well open up you PST pathways then before taking them. I use genetic testing to help rule out these pathways which makes recovery more successful and less road blocks to deal with.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  32. Registered User
    Andalucia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  80 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    48
    Answers
    0


    I have very high histamine. My shbg came in really high recently. I am on Ketotifen - a mast cell blocker and h1 antagonist that also happens to boost T by preventing it's breakdown AND It also boosts igf1. After a couple of days I feel much better on Keto. I know my T is rising already because I am getting back acne for the first time in ten years. Histamine causes a rise in cortisol and adrenalin. To make so much cortisol histamine effectively steals pregnenolone from the manufacture of other hormones - including E and T. So you get depressed, and weak. Adrenalin is the default metabolic hormone, so poor sleep and anxiety are common. Ketotifen let's me prevent any histamine manufacture and any that gets away is blocked at H1. The boosted T is also a natural antihistamine so this drug breaks a viscious circle and creates a golden one because.... Keto also blocks excess cytokine production.
    How I got high histamine I do not know but constant exposure to a single allergen can do it eg dust mites, setting up a deteriorating loop of hormonal problems. Quercetin is also a great mast cell blocker and T booster so I will do both together and see how it works out. Why not look up reviews of both products in relation to histamine? I discovered my issue when I took clarityn and piriton for a few days and felt great.
  33. Registered User
    Andalucia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  80 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    48
    Answers
    0


    High SHBG can be a symptom of hypogonadism and also of androgen insensitivity syndrome. For hypogonadism, elevated shbg is an adaptive mechanism - it is literally rationing the remaining testosterone by preventing its degradation. I would have to look at some studies relative to shbg levels, but I would surmise that if your T production is compromised then shbg can act to build the blood level of T. Subsequently the total t blood test is skewed and not representative of a tual T production rates. Why? Because at any given moment, the Total T will maybe be as much as twice the actual level because the shbg is making it last twice as long in the serum. The shbg is effectively building the serum t level within it's own structure. I have not seen this issue discussed elsewhere, but it stands to reason that high shbg can be indicative of hypogonadism. Coupled with elevated/high levels of lh and fsh, alarm bells should be ringing - the body is working at maximum output to sustain T levels. Why some guys end up with high E and not SHBG in these cases seems a bit of a mystery, but if they have a predisposition to estrogen manufacture and metabolism via high levels of adipose tissue, that preferential pathway may mitigate any shbg activity ie suicide vs survival.
  34. Registered User
    Andalucia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  80 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    48
    Answers
    0


    Using stanozolol will be a double edged sword in such circumstances. It will liberate both E and T into active serum sex hormones. This is ok as long as there is enough T to meet needs, but if not then E will eventually dominate after a few days and lead to gyno - which is what quite a few report on forums. It seems a bit of a paradox, a drug that doesn't aromatise causing gyno, but actually it's secondary shbg suppressing effect is liberating potent quantities of E in certain individuals and potentially is a clear marker for hypogonadism. Supplemental T at larger than physiological doses, administered frequently, would likely mitigate this E 'rebound' by keeping the T:E ratio high. Intervention with an AI might be necessary, although slowly pressing down shbg with T and a little Winny might not need it if done carefully.
  35. Registered User
    Andalucia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  80 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    48
    Answers
    0


    Histamine was mentioned at the beginning of this post and deserves attention. Histamine is an intimate partner of estrogen in human chemistry. It exhibits many of the characteristics of estrogen, though it has it's own specific functions. A clue to this assumption is the anti estrogenic and anti aromotase effects of the antihistamine drug class. Examples include mirtazapine, and diphenhydramine. Histamine and estrogen promote each other's effects. You can see this effect in a woman's flushed face during sex or at a certain stage of their cycle. Blocking histamine, lowers the effects of estrogen. I wonder, if elevated histamine may be interpreted in males as elevated estrogen, causing a reactive rise in SHBG to control this pseudo estrogen and the E that accompanies it? Those with histamine and gut issues may not know that a major producer of histamine is the ubiquitous yoghurt culture strain - acidophilus. An imbalance, or heavy reliance on one type of consumed gut flora can and does lead to elevated histamine. This will be particularly noticeable about 30 minutes to an hour after a meal as the food is digested and histamine is released. In these cases a mast cell blocker like quercetin may not be any use - because it is the gut bugs and not the body itself which is releasing the histamine. Testing with an antihistamine like ceterizine might be prudent? Histamine in elevated levels will cause anxiety and depression as well as insomnia and diarrhoea, but I am interested in whether it is interpreted as a hormone and has knock on effects on the endocrine system. Those with naturally excessive levels of histamine tend to be hyper and skinny, suggesting a metabolic effect. Worth thinking about.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need Help Regarding SHBG
    By donjman1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
  2. SHBG
    By bigironkiller in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 07:51 AM
  3. DIM and SHBG
    By RugbyHooligan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
  4. Low SHBG!
    By ViolatedBird in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 12:58 AM
  5. SHBG and AS
    By skull in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in