Is 200 mgs of test cyp a safe long term dosage?

Ponderosa

Awards
I'm trying to sort out the myriad of arguments over what is a safe amount of test cyp to take long term for HRT. I'm assuming that the lipid panel is in line and taking proper anti estrogens and HCG. Other boards seem to be an argument amongst egos over what is safe long term for a 50+ year old man. Is it 100 mgs, 125, 150 or 200? Or just take as much as I decide as long as my blood work is acceptable?

Many thanks

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
200 seems like quite a bit to me, normal levels for someone my age is somewhere around 60 im pretty sure isnt it? 200 seems like a baseline for a cycle almost haha that would be nuts though!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100mg is plenty for most. Even after ester, it's ~70mg of test per week, which is at the highest end.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to sort out the myriad of arguments over what is a safe amount of test cyp to take long term for HRT. I'm assuming that the lipid panel is in line and taking proper anti estrogens and HCG. Other boards seem to be an argument amongst egos over what is safe long term for a 50+ year old man. Is it 100 mgs, 125, 150 or 200? Or just take as much as I decide as long as my blood work is acceptable?

Many thanks
everyones requirements for dosage varies due to how each individual metabolizes the test. generally speaking 100-150mg/week is the norm and will keep you in range if not upper range. 200mg will more than likely have you in supra ranges so not good for long term use. getting bw done frequently in the beginning to get levels stable and where you want them is key. just because your lipids etc are all good does not mean its ok to run test high for long term.

im on 140/week. my last bw just last week had my total test at 775 3 days following inj and on the day of next inj. im gonna drop to 120/week and retest in a couple months.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
^^^^what he said^^^^

One other thing. Also watch your hematocrit levels. I'm having that issue. I have to donate TWO unitsof blood this week because mine is at 56; a dangerous cutoff.

Ponderosa

Awards
I've learned over the last year that the only people I can trust is my wife and myself, thats it. I don't trust anyone else with this ****. You guys are good, thank you. I've been dropping my dose voluntarily for the past month and now will drop it to 150 mgs before my next round of bw. I just want to see what the bw says before making any further changes.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
everyones requirements for dosage varies due to how each individual metabolizes the test. generally speaking 100-150mg/week is the norm and will keep you in range if not upper range. 200mg will more than likely have you in supra ranges so not good for long term use. getting bw done frequently in the beginning to get levels stable and where you want them is key. just because your lipids etc are all good does not mean its ok to run test high for long term.

im on 140/week. my last bw just last week had my total test at 775 3 days following inj and on the day of next inj. im gonna drop to 120/week and retest in a couple months.

dude ur signature is hilarious hahahahah

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
as.one.Get.older.they.need.to.be aware.of.increase chance of.prostate, cvd diabetes and.other.issues. Every.one.level.is.different and.its how. The body utilizes.it and metabolism.of.testosterone which is crucial. As i have found.in many.people.higher then 150.mg.per.week usually.means.there.is another.ching in the.chain to.fix. When one.hormone is at a certain levels then all.must.be. You.do.not want.testosterone.levels of a 20.year.old.and.gh.levels of an 80 year.old.you.will.not.get a desired.effect. Check for.psa every 6 months and monitor.estradiol and dhea.and dht . Important fact.is do.not.let.hrt be an excuse.for.being able.to.eat.like crap and justify have.poor.lifestyles. My fathers type 2 diabetic when.blood.sugar.goes.up Dr.gives more.medicine instead of look at what crap.he eats.at.night or during the.day..

corvettels3

Awards
as.one.Get.older.they.need.to.be aware.of.increase chance of.prostate, cvd diabetes and.other.issues. Every.one.level.is.different and.its how. The body utilizes.it and metabolism.of.testosterone which is crucial. As i have found.in many.people.higher then 150.mg.per.week usually.means.there.is another.ching in the.chain to.fix. When one.hormone is at a certain levels then all.must.be. You.do.not want.testosterone.levels of a 20.year.old.and.gh.levels of an 80 year.old.you.will.not.get a desired.effect. Check for.psa every 6 months and monitor.estradiol and dhea.and dht . Important fact.is do.not.let.hrt be an excuse.for.being able.to.eat.like crap and justify have.poor.lifestyles. My fathers type 2 diabetic when.blood.sugar.goes.up Dr.gives more.medicine instead of look at what crap.he eats.at.night or during the.day..
good info, but whats up with all the periods?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established