Need for arimidex?

corvettels3

Awards
Whats up guys. I have a quick question regarding arimidex. When should one start taking it? I'm currently on trt @ 200mg every 10 days. I've been on this dose for about 3 months. My nips are not itching or sensitive. I'm still getting morning wood. It's my understanding that when one starts to lose the morning wood that is a clear indicator that estrogen levels are too high. Any input?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Whats up guys. I have a quick question regarding arimidex. When should one start taking it? I'm currently on trt @ 200mg every 10 days. I've been on this dose for about 3 months. My nips are not itching or sensitive. I'm still getting morning wood. It's my understanding that when one starts to lose the morning wood that is a clear indicator that estrogen levels are too high. Any input?
50 mgs inject m,th using insulin needle will give you less fluctuation with e2. Always get tested and as I recommend to drs is to do more frequent injections has reduced the need for adex significantly. Your HRT Doctor need to be properly educated in the lastest information on HRT.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
thats not really a answer to bash the docs. At least the doc is trying to help him by prescribing him therapy!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thats not really a answer to bash the docs. At least the doc is trying to help him by prescribing him therapy!
I think you are taking things out of context. I am not bashing dr's just pointed out there are more efficient ways. ITs a fact that Dr's need to keep up on latest information. Some times people trying to helping, may be doing more damage. I have learned the hard way from past experience to evaluate the situation looking at benefit to risk ratios. I know people who where put on a similar protocol gradually ended up with permeant GYNO, prescribed antidepressant, gaining excessive body fat from not being properly monitored for estrogen and other parameters. The idea of going from TT of 1800 to that 400 TT can play havoc on adrenal, thyroid, and neurotransmitters. Dr also needs to look at the psychological profile of the person because excessive testosterone can cause a major imbalance in serotonin and dopamine which can abnormal behavior in people. Couple this fluctuation of estrodial on those same pathways. From my own experience it can be debiliating to the point where you can barely even function physically and mentally.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^

My own doctor admitted he is behind the times and is planning on getting with a group of his own colleagues and educating themselves more. It seems to be that they (doctors) are SLOWLY moving to more frequent, but smaller injections to stabilize plasma levels.

I TOO have questions about when/how to apply an AI or SERM, but everyone seems to be all over the map on that subject. My e2 is high, but my doctor thinks it's OK, because it has risen proportionately with my T. Is he right or wrong?? Who the hell knows?!?!?!!!?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^

My own doctor admitted he is behind the times and is planning on getting with a group of his own colleagues and educating themselves more. It seems to be that they (doctors) are SLOWLY moving to more frequent, but smaller injections to stabilize plasma levels.

I TOO have questions about when/how to apply an AI or SERM, but everyone seems to be all over the map on that subject. My e2 is high, but my doctor thinks it's OK, because it has risen proportionately with my T. Is he right or wrong?? Who the hell knows?!?!?!!!?
One Dr I am working with has a patient's e2 of 50-60. He was wondering if an AI should be adminstered based upon the numbers. I asked him if there was any symptoms present of ED, anxiety, muscle loss, ect. He said no and a dexascan came out good bone density. I noted to the dr if there are no symptoms then just monitor the patient for any symptoms which may arise. It really depends on if symptoms are present or not for the proper adminstration of AI. One needs to look at multiple factors to rule out rule out possible symptoms which may cross over (thyroid and low T are identical).

corvettels3

Awards
50 mgs inject m,th using insulin needle will give you less fluctuation with e2. Always get tested and as I recommend to drs is to do more frequent injections has reduced the need for adex significantly. Your HRT Doctor need to be properly educated in the lastest information on HRT.
Thanks for the input. Do you have any info to back this up. Studies, lab results, etc.? I think I'm doing just fine with 200mg every 10 days, but if 100mg every 5 days is better I would like to know. The standard protocal for TRT is 100-200mg every 10-14 days, so until the medical community changes it will continue to be 100-200mg/10-14days.

Independent

Independent

Awards
Thanks for the input. Do you have any info to back this up. Studies, lab results, etc.? I think I'm doing just fine with 200mg every 10 days, but if 100mg every 5 days is better I would like to know. The standard protocal for TRT is 100-200mg every 10-14 days, so until the medical community changes it will continue to be 100-200mg/10-14days.
I have read science that backs up frequent inj's. Do a google search.

1bigguy

Awards
Increasing injection frequency did wonders for me.

corvettels3

Awards
I have read science that backs up frequent inj's. Do a google search.
Nice response.. Since you have already read the "science" please feel free to post the links. Do this not for me, but for fellow members. I'm not trying to bust your balls. I like facts not opinions.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm doing just fine with 200mg every 10 days, but if 100mg every 5 days is better I would like to know.
Ultimately, that is the most important factor. If it's working for you, don't fix it. Most of the advice posted here is for those who need to adjust something because it isn't working.

The standard protocal for TRT is 100-200mg every 10-14 days, so until the medical community changes it will continue to be 100-200mg/10-14days.
Ten to twelve years ago it was. Not in 2011.

corvettels3

Awards
Ultimately, that is the most important factor. If it's working for you, don't fix it. Most of the advice posted here is for those who need to adjust something because it isn't working.

Ten to twelve years ago it was. Not in 2011.
I'm trying to find out where people are getting this info. All the endojournals I have read all have the same info. I have yet to come across any study where injections are given twice a week. I'm opened minded, so please post any info you may have regarding TRT.

I'm with you with the concept of "if it's not broken don't fix it."

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to find out where people are getting this info.
Boards like this one. Cutting edge TRT isn't coming from the majority of doctors or a medical journal. It's coming from a handfull of doctors like Crisler, Hertoghe and Mariano and patients on these boards experimenting and getting tested to determine testosterone/estrogen ratios when things like multiple dosing, HCG and actual effective amounts and AI's are used. For the most part, many doctors are learning from their patients.

All the endojournals I have read all have the same info. I have yet to come across any study where injections are given twice a week.
And you wont find any right now. Maybe in a couple of years when medicine catches up. Most of what you will find on these boards is what actually worked after dosing every 2 weeks failed.

You might want to try doing a poll to find out how many of the members doctors are still prescribing every two week dosing. I would estimate that 95% of us are being prescribed every 7 days dosing. The multiple injection technique, we learned from the board.

Regardless, if you have found something that is working for you, stick with it. Much of this information is for those it is not working for.

corvettels3

Awards
Boards like this one. Cutting edge TRT isn't coming from the majority of doctors or a medical journal. It's coming from a handfull of doctors like Crisler, Hertoghe and Mariano and patients on these boards experimenting and getting tested to determine testosterone/estrogen ratios when things like multiple dosing, HCG and actual effective amounts and AI's are used. For the most part, many doctors are learning from their patients.

And you wont find any right now. Maybe in a couple of years when medicine catches up. Most of what you will find on these boards is what actually worked after dosing every 2 weeks failed.

You might want to try doing a poll to find out how many of the members doctors are still prescribing every two week dosing. I would estimate that 95% of us are being prescribed every 7 days dosing. The multiple injection technique, we learned from the board.

Regardless, if you have found something that is working for you, stick with it. Much of this information is for those it is not working for.
Now this is what I'm talking about. I ask a question and I get a proper response (not some half ass reply.) Dragon, I appreciate you taking time to answer the questions. I have my next check-up next month and I will get my estrogen levels checked. If they are on the high end I will experiencement with multiple injections for a few months and then get retested.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
actually pmgamer and i started posting about it 4-5 years aging on the boards. Since we both had a good reputation it caught on and more and more.started.doing it. Some hrt Drs told us we where full of crap, but in the end today they now use it as part of protocols with good results. We experimented came up with taking hcg day before injections which are split every 3 days. This went against typical protocol used at the time, but it is what worked for us many people have adopted it with great success. When any googles issue.related to hrt estradiol act pmgamer and.my.name comes up. Principle for success Kiss and if it ain't brokeep do not fix it. These 2 you can never go wrong

Independent

Independent

Awards
frequenc.jpg

Source: Schulte-Beerbuhl, 1980
Figure. Pharmacokinetics of 200mg Testosterone cypionate injection. Source: Comparison of Testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone in serum after injection of Testosterone enanthate or Testosterone cypionate. Schulte-Beerbuhl M, Nieschlag E. Fertility and Sterility 33 (1980) 201-3

Heres an example of test half life. This is the hormonal rollercoaster you are riding.