47 Year Old, test. 273 HRT cost

ratdog

Awards
I am 47, have been off hrt for about 2 years. Doc did blood test last week and said my testosterone level was 270. Wants to put me on the under the arms hrt. All the old symptoms are back, ed, depression, insomnia, general lack of interest in anything. My problem is the cost. My insurance does not want to pay for it. What is the most affordable way to get my numbers back up. I looked thru some of my old blood test results and found in late 2008 when I was doing 8 pumps a day of androgel my test was 828. But Androgel is costly as well. Any ideas?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it specifically the gels they won't pay for? My insurance covers injectible testosterone. Even if they won't cover the gels, for injectible testosterone the cost is around $70 for 10ml which is 10 weeks worth.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
A bottle of testosterone while monitoring hormones properly would be the easiest and cheapest solution

glockma

Awards
I'm getting a bootle of test cyp presciption and it costs $10 a bottle. Depending on how I use it it last me a month -1.5 months. I have been on the gel also and it cost more after I used up 3 months of free samples. That would be another option for you in the short term I guess. There is one brand of gel that comes with a refil card with 3 months free as long as you have a prescription for it. At least a year ago there was. Tough spot to be in, you just need to keep looking around. Best of luck.

ratdog

Awards
I have used Axiron for six days, one pump under each arm. The first 2 or 3 days was great, clearer thinking, better mood, and no need for the little blue pill to get it up. Now it feel very little or no improvement in any area. When I used Androgel my levels dropped at 4 pumps a day, but went up to the low 800's with the max. dose of 8 pumps a day. I wonder if the small dose of Axiron has shut my own production down.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
as.little as 2.5 mg of androgel can shut you down. Androgel has a new 1.62% pump with new delivery system.which.is getting better level then old version

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
To be honest- I was using Androgel for years- but in the last 4 months I switched to Androhard by PP and did not miss a beat! $100 for a few months as opposed to $307 for 1 month! And it is not just the money for me- it is the principle. It is sick that Androgel would cost that much. It must cost Abbott 10 bucks per unit to actually make the product. Just a shame that we continue to let big pharma take advantage of us in the USA. Whatever....another thread for another day......I like the Androlean as well, but it is a little more active on the CNS.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
bigguns have you.had.blood.work.done.to.confirm.results?
If You have i be interested.to.see.how.effective it is.clinically

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
I have not...but an excellent idea!

I have a $5000 deductible on my insurance so I have been trying to avoid any and all healthcare costs. It is all experiential at this point. Just using libido and and the mirror as my barometer. But I may get my blood-work done before the year is over to confirm....it is a great recommendation.

bigguns have you.had.blood.work.done.to.confirm.results?
If You have i be interested.to.see.how.effective it is.clinically

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have not...but an excellent idea!

I have a $5000 deductible on my insurance so I have been trying to avoid any and all healthcare costs. It is all experiential at this point. Just using libido and and the mirror as my barometer. But I may get my blood-work done before the year is over to confirm....it is a great recommendation.
Recommended.to pp.to do actually testing with testimony. May cover your testing for.you start never know ..