Newest TRT Labs and really confused. HELP !!!

fryzway

Awards
I just got my TRT labs back. The last labs were drawn 3 months ago. The numbers from the OLD Labs were:

Testosterone Total 708ng/dl Ref 248-827
Estradiol 79.9ng/dl Ref 5.27-65
Prolactin 27.8ng/dl Ref 9.0-17.9

All other blood work was fine.

NEW Labs were:
Testosterone Total 284ng/dl Ref 248-827
Estradiol 25 Ref 5.27-65
Prolactin 16.8 Ref 9.0-17.9

All other labs were fine.

I am totally shocked and really confused about the drop in Test levels. Both blood draws were @ the same Hospital @ the same time of morning (7:00am) and the same day, 1wk after my injection of 100mg Test Cyp. The only thing that has changed since being on TRT since April of this yr is I added Aromasin @ 12.5mg/day 3 months ago after seeing my Estradiol so high. I thought if anything that would RAISE my Test levels. Could it be a false or messed up reading ? Could I just not be responding to the 100mg/wk of Test Cyp anymore bc my body's natty test is completely shut down now ? Could I be hyper metabolizing the Test all the sudden for some reason ? I am happy with my E2 levels now but my Total T dropped almost 500 Points in 3 months !!! I'm starting to feel tired and lack of energy and motivation again but at least now I know it's not from an E2 crash with the Aromasin but from low T again. I called the doc and they are supposed to call me back Tues and see what he wants to do about it. Personally I want to go to 200mg/wk and retest in 6 wks and if I'm too high drop by 20mg/wk until I'm normal but I know he'll prob do the opposite and raise it by 20mg/wk until I get back up to where I was. Any suggestions guys ???

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I just got my TRT labs back. The last labs were drawn 3 months ago. The numbers from the OLD Labs were:

Testosterone Total 708ng/dl Ref 248-827
NEW Labs were:
Testosterone Total 284ng/dl Ref 248-827
I am totally shocked and really confused about the drop in Test levels. Both blood draws were @ the same Hospital @ the same time of morning (7:00am) and the same day, 1wk after my injection of 100mg Test Cyp.
Something isn't right here. There is no way your test should have measured 708ng 1 week after injecting 100mg of test cyp. That reading should be your peak level on 100mg.
What would be quite possible is to get a peak reading of 708ng/dL one day after an injection and a trough level of 284ng/dL a week after the injection and that would be quite normal.
If the first level at 708 was one week after injecting, that would have made your peak level that week at over 1200ng/dL. 100mg of test is not designed or expected to raise anyone that high.

fryzway

Awards
I assure you my 1st labs were drawn 1wk after injecting 100mg of test cyp and they indeed came back @ 708ng/dl. I was on it for 6wks when the 1st set of labs were taken so maybe my natty test was still there. I had the labs drawn again 3months later, which was the most recent and it was 284ng/dl 1 wk after injection. I used the same brand of test from the same pharmacy, it was the same lab and the same time of day (7:00am). The only thing that has changed from the 1st draws to this lab draw is I added Aromasin @ 12.5mg/day and an SSRI (Celexa) @ 40mg/day. I'm so confused and that's the only things I can come up with.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I assure you my 1st labs were drawn 1wk after injecting 100mg of test cyp and they indeed came back @ 708ng/dl. I was on it for 6wks when the 1st set of labs were taken so maybe my natty test was still there. I had the labs drawn again 3months later, which was the most recent and it was 284ng/dl 1 wk after injection. I used the same brand of test from the same pharmacy, it was the same lab and the same time of day (7:00am). The only thing that has changed from the 1st draws to this lab draw is I added Aromasin @ 12.5mg/day and an SSRI (Celexa) @ 40mg/day. I'm so confused and that's the only things I can come up with.
I really don't know, so I did a Google search on celexa and testosterone. Every doctor who responds says there is no connection whatsoever, but it concerns me that so many users are asking if there is a link between celexa and low test. That can't be a coincidence. There is only one way to find out if that was the problem.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I really don't know, so I did a Google search on celexa and testosterone. Every doctor who responds says there is no connection whatsoever, but it concerns me that so many users are asking if there is a link between celexa and low test. That can't be a coincidence. There is only one way to find out if that was the problem.
Simple solution
Split your shots into 50 mgs monday and thursday.
If you were dealing with some extra stress or injuries then your body was chewing testosterone at high rate. This is your most logical answer. When a few guys on HRT have some kind of "Stress" they may need metabolize testosterone quicker.
Question is "what changed in the past few months"?

fryzway

Awards
Thanks for the replies and props for the search on celexa and Testosterone. I also found the same info you did pretty much. Anyway, Matrix, the only significant changes have been adding more cardio to my workout regimen, sometimes twice a day, and tapering off of Xanax, which has been really tough. It makes sense what you say and I had no idea "stress" could make the metabolizing of Test speed up. Thanks for that bit of info bro.

fryzway

Awards
I just got off the phone with the nurse @ my Doc office and she said he wasn't going to increase my T Cyp dose @ all bc I'm still in normal range on the day of my next injection. I tried explaining to her I understand what the #'s tell you but I'm telling you I'm feeling tired again and not feeling as "good" as I was a few weeks ago. She said, "I know but the Doc wants to keep you where your at." I am so frustrated. Maybe this test was just an isolated incident. I've been under a ton of stress between tapering off my Xanax, which is causing a ton of stress and anxiety and doing 2 a day workouts the week before and some days before my Labs. I think that may have a lot to do with what's going on. At least I hope it does since there's no real chance of increasing my T dose right now. Any thoughts on that stuff ???

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I just got off the phone with the nurse @ my Doc office and she said he wasn't going to increase my T Cyp dose @ all bc I'm still in normal range on the day of my next injection. I tried explaining to her I understand what the #'s tell you but I'm telling you I'm feeling tired again and not feeling as "good" as I was a few weeks ago. She said, "I know but the Doc wants to keep you where your at." I am so frustrated. Maybe this test was just an isolated incident. I've been under a ton of stress between tapering off my Xanax, which is causing a ton of stress and anxiety and doing 2 a day workouts the week before and some days before my Labs. I think that may have a lot to do with what's going on. At least I hope it does since there's no real chance of increasing my T dose right now. Any thoughts on that stuff ???
Cut back on training and go to maintence approach for now. Your are depleting the living crap out of your glutamine stores which need to be replenished. This is opening you immune system and GI tract open to infection as well as excess inflammation, plus an increase in chances of anxiety due to depletion of gaba. How much stimulants are you on. There are more pieces to the puzzle. Since glutamine is building block for gaba (which xanax actual increases) would it be advisable to reexamine the entire scenerio to see how every thing is connected.

fryzway

Awards
Thanks Matrix. I go see my psychologist on the 15th to see how I'm doing with the Xanax withdrawal. I was slowly tapering and feeling like **** so I just decided to get it over with and go cold turkey as of yesterday. Should I take a glutamine supplement to help me out for now with recovery and mental clarity and things ? I took today off from training bc I've had a terrible headache and tremors all day from the withdrawals. I'm thinking of taking the rest of the wk off but I may go do some light cardio to get my mind right.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. I go see my psychologist on the 15th to see how I'm doing with the Xanax withdrawal. I was slowly tapering and feeling like **** so I just decided to get it over with and go cold turkey as of yesterday. Should I take a glutamine supplement to help me out for now with recovery and mental clarity and things ? I took today off from training bc I've had a terrible headache and tremors all day from the withdrawals. I'm thinking of taking the rest of the wk off but I may go do some light cardio to get my mind right.
I would get a neuroscience test done to check your neurotransmitters. Since I do all the research and protocols for Dr's, I am working on getting special permission for being certified in NEI by neuroscience which is only available to medical practioners. Since I have a good reputation with neuroscience it should not be a problem. When working with cases with drug with drawl I use these test to help guide. If you have migraines then one needs to be cautious with glutamine because it can convert into glutamate. This is why this test is crucial for monitoring these types of cases.