Secondary hypogonadism caused by severe hemochromatosis

hemo sucks

Awards
Thank you very much if you can help me.

I am a 33 year old male and a former pro athlete. About 5 years ago, I tested off the chart for iron saturation, but my doctor failed to point it out. I started having joint problems and pulling/tearing muscles. About 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with homozygous hemochromatosis and began 11 months of weekly phlebotomies. I lost my of strength and energy and started gaining a ton of weight.

I have been receiving test shots for some time, but stopped them in order to test for secondary hypogonadism caused by iron deposits in the pituitary gland. I flunked the test.

Does anybody have any positive experience with this stupid disease? Is there a more effective treament plan?

My test level is 1.5 at an 8 AM fasting and the previous was 1.3 after 8 months of testosterone shots.

Thank you very kindly,

John

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much if you can help me.

I am a 33 year old male and a former pro athlete. About 5 years ago, I tested off the chart for iron saturation, but my doctor failed to point it out. I started having joint problems and pulling/tearing muscles. About 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with homozygous hemochromatosis and began 11 months of weekly phlebotomies. I lost my of strength and energy and started gaining a ton of weight.

I have been receiving test shots for some time, but stopped them in order to test for secondary hypogonadism caused by iron deposits in the pituitary gland. I flunked the test.

Does anybody have any positive experience with this stupid disease? Is there a more effective treament plan?

My test level is 1.5 at an 8 AM fasting and the previous was 1.3 after 8 months of testosterone shots.

Thank you very kindly,

John
Yes,
We have treated a few guys like this. What happens is the iron gets in your pituitary and will eventually end up causing havoc disrupting alot of the hormonal pathways. As long as you get proper blood letting then one can commence HRT with no issues. Obviously your dr is not properly educated in the proper HRT. Since you have all the proper tools it should be easy to modulate them to get proper results. One also has to look at the other hormones as well because they also may be affected (adrenals, thyroid, and GH). With proper testing it should not be hard to help you get back into balance so you can go on to obtain a better quality of life.

hemo sucks

Awards
Can you tell me what the proper tools are? Is it the test results? How do they test for the adrenals or GH? For that matter, is testosterone the right treatment for secondary hypogonadism?

Thank you again,

John

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Can you tell me what the proper tools are? Is it the test results? How do they test for the adrenals or GH? For that matter, is testosterone the right treatment for secondary hypogonadism?

Thank you again,

John
One needs to do proper testing. Look up my thread about "how to get to the root cause" and you will have proper testing needed to answer your question. If you need a good practioner, I have collegues all over the united states to help you.

hemo sucks

Awards
Thank you for your answers. I'm getting stonewalled by the University of Michigan. I have secondary hypogonadism, but they don't want to see me until after my next liver biopsy in Febrauary. Do you know of any good doctors in the metro Detroit/Ann Arbor region? I could use some legitimate help.

Thank you very kindly,

John

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your answers. I'm getting stonewalled by the University of Michigan. I have secondary hypogonadism, but they don't want to see me until after my next liver biopsy in Febrauary. Do you know of any good doctors in the metro Detroit/Ann Arbor region? I could use some legitimate help.

Thank you very kindly,

John
Pm pmgamer or he will responds.

hemo sucks

Awards
Thanks. I've got to make a few more posts before they let me send a private message. Then I'll try to figure out messaging. The internet is not my strongest suit.

hemo sucks

Awards
Junk post, need 7 of them. Please don't be mad, guys.

hemo sucks

Awards
Another junk post, need 7 of them. Please don't be mad, guys.

hemo sucks

Awards
This should be the last junk post, need 7 of them. Please don't be mad, guys.