HCG pill form; does it work?

R

rokindawg

Awards
Hi I'm new here. I recently started TRT and was looking at HCG. I know it's usually injected, but saw some in pill form. Does anyone know if it works as well as the injectable?

J

JayV

Banned
Awards
NO,
Anyone that tries to tell you differently is lying to you.

R

rokindawg

Awards
Quick and simple answer, thanks! More shots for me I suppose.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
They aren't the same thing. HCGenerate is an OTC testosterone booster made from a plant grown in Nigeria called fadogia agrestis. It does claim a MOA of raising test by increasing LH.
HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is a glycoprotein hormone extracted from the urine of pregnant women with a proven history of raising LH.

This is what Web MD has to say about it.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1162-FADOGIA AGRESTIS.aspx?activeIngredientId=1162&activeIngredientName=FADOGIA AGRESTIS
How does it work?
There is not enough information to know how fadogia agrestis might work for any medical condition. Research in animals shows that it might increase sexual behaviors and increase the male hormone testosterone. But it is not known if it has this action in people.

Also found this on another board that was using it in a product they sold as a test booster.
Update On Fadogia Agrestis:

My manufacturer just got through with a 6 week study on Fadogia Agrestis. Although there seems to be some studies implying that this ingredient has been known to increase test levells 6x of a controlled group, this is actually a study referring to Rats.
The real facts are very discouraging and we have decided to pull this ingredient out of the ****** Fuel, based on the studies it showed to actually shut down the testis which is actually the opposite of what we want this product to do.
So sorry for this, my R&D guys are very good at what they do and this is part of the reason for us delaying the launch.

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
They aren't the same thing. HCGenerate is an OTC testosterone booster made from a plant grown in Nigeria called fadogia agrestis. It does claim a MOA of raising test by increasing LH.
HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is a glycoprotein hormone extracted from the urine of pregnant women with a proven history of raising LH.

This is what Web MD has to say about it.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1162-FADOGIA AGRESTIS.aspx?activeIngredientId=1162&activeIngredientName=FADOGIA AGRESTIS
How does it work?
There is not enough information to know how fadogia agrestis might work for any medical condition. Research in animals shows that it might increase sexual behaviors and increase the male hormone testosterone. But it is not known if it has this action in people.

Also found this on another board that was using it in a product they sold as a test booster.
Update On Fadogia Agrestis:

My manufacturer just got through with a 6 week study on Fadogia Agrestis. Although there seems to be some studies implying that this ingredient has been known to increase test levells 6x of a controlled group, this is actually a study referring to Rats.
The real facts are very discouraging and we have decided to pull this ingredient out of the ****** Fuel, based on the studies it showed to actually shut down the testis which is actually the opposite of what we want this product to do.
So sorry for this, my R&D guys are very good at what they do and this is part of the reason for us delaying the launch.
If that is actually the case and this ingredient shuts you down and you consider the positive reviews some users have given it shows just how powerful the placebo affect is. WOW!

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
If that is actually the case and this ingredient shuts you down and you consider the positive reviews some users have given it shows just how powerful the placebo affect is. WOW!
I don't have a dog in this fight AJ. That quote came from a guy who was making money from manufacturing this product. Not me.
But the question from the original poster was not, "does this work?" The question was "Does anyone know if it works as well as the injectable"? And that was asked in terms of permanent use in conjunction with TRT, because TRT and combined TRT and HCG therapy are permanent. Nothing grows back that allows you to come off

My answer was to demonstrate that it was comparing apples to oranges. He might as well been asking if Superdrol works as well as HCG.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I don't have a dog in this fight AJ. That quote came from a guy who was making money from manufacturing this product. Not me.
But the question from the original poster was not, "does this work?" The question was "Does anyone know if it works as well as the injectable"? And that was asked in terms of permanent use in conjunction with TRT, because TRT and combined TRT and HCG therapy are permanent. Nothing grows back that allows you to come off

My answer was to demonstrate that it was comparing apples to oranges. He might as well been asking if Superdrol works as well as HCG.
Its all about adversiting and marketing..this is what sells the product.

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
That is only half of the article. Read below.

Fadogia agrestis boosts testosterone 600% – the original study!
Posted by Needtogetaas | July 28th, 2011
If you’re new to the bodybuilding world or the supplement scene, you’re probably just hearing about Fadogia agrestis – one of the most effective testosterone-boosting herbs to ever hit the market. But a lot of you are probably wondering where this information came from? Is there any science behind it, or is is it all hype? A lot of testosterone-boosters in the past have turned out to just be libido boosters (Tribulus, for example). But Fadogia is totally different – it works by increasing intratesticular cholesterol levels, which are used by your body to synthesize more testosterone.

We learned this information several years ago, when a group of scientists in Africa decided to take a look at the herb, because indigenous people had been using it for the past several centuries for fertility purposes. The scientists knew that it appeared to work, but they just didn’t know why. It could have been that the herb increased spermatogenesis (sperm production) and libido (sex drive) without having an effect on testosterone (again, Tribulus is a great example of this). And believe it or not, some test-boosting herbs like Holy Basil, can absolutely wreck your natural endocrine system. One study showed that while the Indian herb Holy Basil will elevate testosterone, it lowers luteinizing hormone (a hormone that is secreted pulses to signal the release of testosterone), as well as Follicle Stimulating Hormone (which is necessary for sperm production).In fact, sperm count was decreased by 45% with this stuff, while luteinizing hormone actually becomes undetectable! We don’t think this is a good trade-off, especially when there’s better options.

And although this might seem like an odd observation, it’s doubtful that we’re ever going to see a bunch of really great testosterone AND libido/fertility boosting herbs from a place like India (*or China for that matter). It’s far more likely that we’re going to continue seeing them from places like Africa. Why? Because China and India are very heavily populated; representing the two most populous countries in the world. Traditionally, they would not have needed to rely on herbs to increase their numbers. Africa, on the other hand, is much more sparsely populated, and often the amount of children a tribe could produce would be the deciding factor in which tribes survive the next famine (or war, unfortunately). Really effective herbs will always come from traditional and folk medicine in areas of the world where there is a need for their specific function.

Ok, so back to the research on Fadogia agrestis: A group of African scientists took a look at three different doses of Fadogia agrestis in a rodent-based study, and here’s what they found:

•At a dose of 18mgs/kg/day the rodents ended up with 200% the testosterone levels of the control group (doubling their previous level)
•At a dose of 50mgs/kg/day the rodents ended up with 300% the testosterone levels of the control group
•And at the highest tested dose, the rodents ended up with a testosterone level that was 600% that of the control group
Pretty impressive, right? Well, that’s why we’ve included it in our HCGenerate formula! But don’t take my word for it…here’s the full study:

here's the link:

http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/blog/page/2/

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Run lab tests to confirm what it is doing or claim to have done.
Problem solved..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Anabolics 8
S Anabolics 20
T Anabolics 0
P Anabolics 4
TheDiesel85 Post Cycle Therapy 3