Rotating quads enough to prevent scar tissue?

TylerDurden7

Awards
I have been using a 25 gauge 1.5" needle to inject .5 ml of test twice weekly. I usually go with left quad Saturdays and right quad Wednesdays. Am I safe as far as preventing scar tissue buildup with this method, or shoud I start including glutes in the rotation?

jdub1980

Awards
I have been using 27 gauge .5" insulin syringes and rotating between quads and shoulders. Didn't want to have to inject myself with large needles twice per week for the rest of my life. Using a smaller needle and rotating between 4 injection sites is really nice, don't have to worry about scar tissue. The .5" needle won't penetrate deep into the muscle like a 1.5", but it gets deep enough. I learned this technique from some guys on this forum that are very experienced with TRT. Check out a previous thread of mine called "test cyp IM with insulin syringe." It's on about page 5 of previous threads, but there is some good input on that thread.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I have been using 27 gauge .5" insulin syringes and rotating between quads and shoulders. Didn't want to have to inject myself with large needles twice per week for the rest of my life. Using a smaller needle and rotating between 4 injection sites is really nice, don't have to worry about scar tissue.
Good advice jdub1980. Very little fat in those areas too, so you are still getting into the muscle. If one really wanted to, he could add biceps and triceps as injection sites.

TylerDurden7

Awards
Thank you both jdub1980 and DragonRider for the input. This sounds like some solid advice, definitely digging the idea of as small of a needle as possible.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
1.5 in needle in leg you are putting your self at potential risk of hitting a nerve or even a vein. Specially 25 gauge is not sturdy at all and could break at any given time. Using 29 gauge 1/2 inch may be more appropriate.

TylerDurden7

Awards
So is the 29 gauge less likely to break due to the shorter needle length? I guess Im just paranoid about making sure the injection is deep enough. But if I can use shorter needles worry free, that sounds great to me. I was injecting 150mg once every 7 days and had numbers around 500 ng/dl by day 7. I was still having ed issues and just not quite feeling right by the end of the week as well. I havent gotten blood drawn yet with this new protocol but do feel much better injecting 100mg every 3.5 days. Im not using an antiaging clinic just seeing an endocrinologist.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Are you being properly evaluated for adrenals, thyroid , e2 and other issues. When working with endos they fail to look outside the other areas to why you are low in the first place or what other hidden factors may be causing your issue. They use the bandaid approach never addressing the root cause. Great testosterone levels are up, but what other things is it knocking out of balance or covering up?

TylerDurden7

Awards
I have had t3 and e2 checked. Im not sure what the numbers were(should know), but he said everything looked good as far as they were concerned

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have had t3 and e2 checked. Im not sure what the numbers were(should know), but he said everything looked good as far as they were concerned
After seeing many lab reports over the years. The reason I have a job is because I help educate and show Doctors a different way to look at these labs to help them get the best therapeutic out come for their patient. As I have seen with countless reponses from dr's "you are good", but the patient feel like complete crap. What is good for one person may be poison for another. Having over several clinical hours educating and research for drs will make you think different LOL

TylerDurden7

Awards
lol I can imagine so. I have been feeling really good since I switched to twice weekly injections( doctor orginally wanted to try twice monthly) Now I have far less anxiety and better overall feeling.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
lol I can imagine so. I have been feeling really good since I switched to twice weekly injections( doctor orginally wanted to try twice monthly) Now I have far less anxiety and better overall feeling.
See how simple that was. Actually PMgamer and I started this trend about 5-6 years ago. All the top Dr's where giving us crap about it back then, but now have adopted it into their normal protocols.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
See how simple that was. Actually PMgamer and I started this trend about 5-6 years ago. All the top Dr's where giving us crap about it back then, but now have adopted it into their normal protocols.
Amen. My doctor writes the scripts, and this site keeps me up to date and in the 21st Century!

jdub1980

Awards
I have been injecting every 3 days against my doctor's orders of once weekly. I asked him why he was opposed to every 3 days and he just avoided the question. Also, don't trust doc about other tests like adrenals and thyroid. Let him order the tests you want, and then interpret results on this forum.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Also, don't trust doc about other tests like adrenals and thyroid. Let him order the tests you want, and then interpret results on this forum.
And always, always, always ask for copies of your test results. They belong to you.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Actually PMgamer and I started this trend about 5-6 years ago. All the top Dr's where giving us crap about it back then, but now have adopted it into their normal protocols.
If I could hoist you and Pmgamer on my shoulders, I would give you a victory lap around the track.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If I could hoist you and Pmgamer on my shoulders, I would give you a victory lap around the track.
We also started took the intiative introducing aromasin trend in HRT by well respected Dr's bringing it to the fore front. Its taking off like a bat out of hell. I helped to bring it to light by educating Doctors to actually using it. DR Mariano may have started to use it. After researching the hell of it, why I was finally satisfied how superior it was in comparison to adex and brought this to attention of many health professionals