5 wks on TRT, new labs. HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Jarhead0724

Awards
Ok, so I've started TRT (100mg Test E a week), and have been on it for 5 weeks now. I got some labs done to see where my stuff is at. Holy Cow have I got some numbers to share, so here we go:

5 Aug 11 - 5 weeks TRT
Total Test: 1469.00 ng/dl (280-800)
Free Test: Haven't got the numbers back yet
Estradiol: 171 pg/ml (0-52)
I had CBC and CMP done as well and the only numbers that required some notice:
ALT: 71 U/l (7-56)
BUN: 9 mg/dl (9-21)

And here are my numbers before TRT:
15 June 11
E2 36 pg/ml (0-52)
Total Test 235 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free Test 59.9 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)

26 April 11
Estrogen 96.0 pg/ml (40.0-115)
Total Test 263 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free Test 55.5 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)

9 March 11
Total Test 262 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free Test 76.5 (35.0-155.0)
Estrogen 115.2 pg/ml (40-115)

I DO feel better after being on the Test E for the past 5 weeks, and I do see that my E2 is EXTREMELY HIGH. I was on ZERO AI during the 5 weeks (thank you Matrix for recommending to get accurate numbers).

This is the link to my first post with symptoms, background, etc....
Ok, so I can't post links, but in the Anti-Aging section, the name of the post is New to the site 30yr old/ Getting ready for HRT

Let me know what you all think.....

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
man i cant believe those numbers on 100mg. yeah get that e2 under control quickly

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting the estradiol in check is something you want to do, yes, but I wouldn't freak too much in the meantime. Your total test to estradiol ratio was ~6.5:1 before and now is ~8.5:1. So, it's higher in ratio, but not as ridiculous as you might initially think.

All that said, congrats on the numbers, man! A mild dose of an AI should definitely keep that in check (though others here who are far smarter than I would know more details for you).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would have test repeated for accuracy. I think these are done in error.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I would have test repeated for accuracy. I think these are done in error.
Agreed, Something is wrong. 100mg shouldn't have you at 1469ng the day after the injection, let alone a week after the injection.
Almost sounds like you are accidentally injecting twice your dose. What is the strength of your prescription?

If that is correct, your doctor should be recommending you drop the dose.

Jarhead0724

Awards
Agreed, Something is wrong. 100mg shouldn't have you at 1469ng the day after the injection, let alone a week after the injection.
Almost sounds like you are accidentally injecting twice your dose. What is the strength of your prescription?

If that is correct, your doctor should be recommending you drop the dose.
I'm injecting 1ml of Test E a week. The strength is 200mg/ml. I called and told my Endo about the tests and she scheduled me for a testicular ultrasound tomorrow. I have no idea what that does or is supposed to be looking for, but I hope nothing bad.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so I've started TRT (100mg Test E a week), and have been on it for 5 weeks now. I got some labs done to see where my stuff is at. Holy Cow have I got some numbers to share, so here we go:
I'm injecting 1ml of Test E a week. The strength is 200mg/ml. I called and told my Endo about the tests and she scheduled me for a testicular ultrasound tomorrow. I have no idea what that does or is supposed to be looking for, but I hope nothing bad.
Okay, so it's 200mg/week instead of 100mg/week. That at least makes a bit more sense.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it still is towards the high end for that dose for day before.

Are you measuring 1ml or is it 1ml vials and you are sucking it all out and not paying attention to the measurement? reason I ask is that most manufacturers overfill to ensure ability to draw a full ml, so occasional I get as much as 1.2ml from a 1ml vial.

Jarhead0724

Awards
it still is towards the high end for that dose for day before.

Are you measuring 1ml or is it 1ml vials and you are sucking it all out and not paying attention to the measurement? reason I ask is that most manufacturers overfill to ensure ability to draw a full ml, so occasional I get as much as 1.2ml from a 1ml vial.
Its a 5ml vial.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
That's what I suspected. If your endo prescribed 100mg per week, you should be injecting 1/2ml. That would be so much easier to measure on a U100 insulin syringe. 50iu's equal 1/2ml. Your endo is looking for testicular tumors. You need to let her know you have been accidentally overdosing and there is no cause for concern.
If you are testing over 1400ng/dL a week after your injection, you are well over 2000 to 2500ng/dL the day after the injection. As you can see your lab range is 200 to 800ng/dL. Are you grasping how high over range you are?
You want to be closer to 800 (on the range *your lab is using), the day after injection. (*Different labs use different ranges)

orangebusa

Awards
let me in on this topic, maybe i'm over dosing as well,... my T was 1500 in just 3 weeks , tested three days after the injection,... i'm also am doing a one ml a week of test. 200mg enan. ,divided in two injections, mon. and thursday, i have a 3 ml pin and i take a half a ml twice a week of Test. 200 mg. enan. ,...now i'm doing this right , thanks

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
let me in on this topic, maybe i'm over dosing as well,... my T was 1500 in just 3 weeks , tested three days after the injection,... i'm also am doing a one ml a week of test. 200mg enan. ,divided in two injections, mon. and thursday, i have a 3 ml pin and i take a half a ml twice a week of Test. 200 mg. enan. ,...now i'm doing this right , thanks
Each half milliliter is equal to 100mg of test. 200mg a week is too much (as evidenced by your reading 3 days after the injection), but with 200mg/mL test you are going to have a hard time measuring 50mg at a time with a 3ml pin. At 200mg per week your estradiol is going to be crazy high. I'm sure you will find 100mg to 150mg per week tops will give you all of the benefits you want while reducing side effects.
And of course these smaller doses will require something that can measure more accurately. Like a insulin needle.

orangebusa

Awards
i was also taking .5 amerdex every third day , and me E2 was 29,....... also i have another question, if i was taking double test. should i have been taking more hcg, i was on 250 iu hcg twice a week, and i think my balls were shinking a little bit....thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
so i'm injecting twice as much as i should be?
Well if you are with an antiaging clinic which I know you are because of the protocol they used, then you are doing the proper treatment. The only problem is that its not the best because they give you un necessary drugs.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
i was also taking .5 amerdex every third day , and me E2 was 29,....... also i have another question, if i was taking double test. should i have been taking more hcg, i was on 250 iu hcg twice a week, and i think my balls were shinking a little bit....thanks
That's because your test dose is too high. HCG is going to raise test too. You don't need more HCG, you need less test.

Jarhead0724

Awards
So, I called my endo and told her what was going on with the 200mg a week. She understood and told me to make sure that it 1/2cc injecting = 100mg a week; however, she was still concerned with the high E2. Even at 200mg a week and getting the blood work done a day BEFORE pinning, she was a little concerned about 1449 test, but will run blood again in 5 weeks to see what's up. She also said she's going to put me on an AI regardless, and wants me to come in next week; however, I'll be in Tampa, so I had to make it the week after that.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish my endo would put me on hcg, my nuts are the size they were when i was 12 lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So, I called my endo and told her what was going on with the 200mg a week. She understood and told me to make sure that it 1/2cc injecting = 100mg a week; however, she was still concerned with the high E2. Even at 200mg a week and getting the blood work done a day BEFORE pinning, she was a little concerned about 1449 test, but will run blood again in 5 weeks to see what's up. She also said she's going to put me on an AI regardless, and wants me to come in next week; however, I'll be in Tampa, so I had to make it the week after that.
Using smaller dosage through out the week with insulin needle with work good and help control e2.your levels will abut 1/2 of what they were

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test e will fit through a slin pin?

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Test e will fit through a slin pin?
Sure will. It might take a minute more, but when you are faced with shots for the rest of your life, the extra time is worth it.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I wish my endo would put me on hcg, my nuts are the size they were when i was 12 lol
Me too, but I've already had my children and it has zero effect on sexual function, so it doesn't bother me.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Some people need hcg for lh to help in their brain and other receptors in the body. I use hcg to replace lh not to increase testosterone unless they are on monotherapy

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Not that this means anything, but earlier this year I had a series of tests from Labcorp and they went from 190 to over 1600 at new dr.s office. I went BACK to my old Dr and lab and my tests were back to my normal 800+.

Lab errors ?????

Jarhead0724

Awards
Ok gents, so it's been a awhile since I've been on here. Getting ready for another deployment has kept me pretty busy. (I leave in Jan 12). Anyways, so after explaining to my Endo about miscalculation on my part, I dropped the Test E to 1/2cc per week and my Total Testosterone was 656 and E2 was 31. Pretty good Total Test number, but Im still kinda worried about the 31 E2. I KNOW I'm very prone to gynecomastia, as last June I had bilateral removed via surgery (NEVER done any AAS previously) and I dont know if it CAN come back or not, but my nips are a little swollen and sore. Ok, now the situation with the AI. I was supposed to go to Endo and we were going to talk about some AI; however, I had to reschedule the appointment because I was gone to some training. When I came back, apparantly my Endo was already prego (unbeknownst to me) and her Dr put her on bed rest, so I had to see a different one in the office. That Endo wanted to wait until I dropped the dose down and get new labs (656 Total Test & 31 E2). I have another appointment this next week (27 Oct) and hopefully I can get put on some AI of some type. I DO believe that I have to much Estrogen, as I continously watch what I eat, do cardio 3x a week and work out 3-5x a week, yet I have only managed to lose about 6 lbs in over 2 months.

Sometimes I wake up to morning wood, but most days I still dont. I have no problem in getting it up when the need arises.

So let me know what y'all think....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
how do you feel at those testosterone levels?
If you can function perform and think clearly or current symptoms cleared then do not screw with it

Jarhead0724

Awards
If you can function perform and think clearly or current symptoms cleared then do not screw with it
I do feel better, but I dont know if it's the best that it can be. I do feel a "brain fog" on some days and like I said, I 'feel' like I have to much estrogen in me (nips).

Jarhead0724

Awards
Matrix: I got my labs drawn on base and they send them up to Bethesda. The Lab ranges for Test are 280-800 and the Estradiol is 0-52. I agreec ompletely with what you are saying, and I dont necessarily want to boost my Test any more than it already is, Im just more concerned with the E2.

Im just trying to get everything as "normal" and looked at/taken care of sooner rather than later. I can't play a waiting game for months to see whats going on per say.....I leave for a 12 month deployment to Afghanistan in January.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix: I got my labs drawn on base and they send them up to Bethesda. The Lab ranges for Test are 280-800 and the Estradiol is 0-52. I agreec ompletely with what you are saying, and I dont necessarily want to boost my Test any more than it already is, Im just more concerned with the E2.

Im just trying to get everything as "normal" and looked at/taken care of sooner rather than later. I can't play a waiting game for months to see whats going on per say.....I leave for a 12 month deployment to Afghanistan in January.
That range is in accurate as I have seen many times in the past. I would see if you can get sensitive estradiol done at quest, just to put the icing on the cake. I have seen not one but many people screwed up with in appropriate testing. If you have to pay for it out pocket I would highly suggest it or make sure the Dr uses proper lab codes quest 4021x next time.

Jarhead0724

Awards
I go this week, before my appointment, to get more labs drawn. I will see about getting the sensitive estradiol test done instead of just the 'regular' one. Thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I go this week, before my appointment, to get more labs drawn. I will see about getting the sensitive estradiol test done instead of just the 'regular' one. Thanks!
Make sure blood draw in on the down swing not up swing of injection, but not too low.

getalpha

Awards
End of the day mate, if you are getting estrogen side effects badly....

Get something done about it.

The original Dr I had tried to tell me just go get something from the supplement store OTC, after a week it got progressively worse, then I insisted on an Estrogen E2 test and it came back way too high.

Fine now, some people have issues with aromatize.

So one rule does not fit all.

I'm one of them, I also have quite a bit more bodyfat right now so that is causing issues for sure, but losing that as we speak.

Jarhead0724

Awards
So I had my blood draw the other day for my appointment today. Well unfortunately my Endo thinks the lab screwed up, because of the results. So my total Test was, wait for it....20 & E2 was 45. So she had be do a redraw for tomorrow morning (day before pin). Then reschedule a new appointment for next week...damn!!