Almost 23, hormonal problems, help/advice greatly appreciated

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im 23.. and having some bad hormonal issues with cortisol, belly fat, energy, sleep, sex drive, However, I cant get tested because I am applying for police officer positions and i dont want any medical stuff hanging over my head. I know I have a problem because I eat the cleanest out of anyone ive ever effing met, I run 3-5 times a week hard (30-35 mins of HIIT training) and my lifts are spot on, I know what im doing. After doing everything properly, I have come to the conclusion that my ignorance as a teen has totally effed me now. I was fat until 16 and never worked out. dieted and worked out hard for about 6 months before i hit a plateau in weight loss, then turned to fat burners, diuretics, test boosters for football, etc. Before i knew it, I was on two fat burners year round and basically became a self-made guinea pig for every type of test booster out there. Now, im afraid to even stop taking anything bc if it doesnt work while im on, wtf is it gona be like when im off! :/

Ive been training, hard, for the past 7 years with virtually no rest, maybe 2 weeks total per year. Most recently I have agreed with myself to lift and run on a 4-5 day a week schedule (finally realized i needed rest) and even considering a 3 day HST training for the winter/fall, but now im noticing that I cant shed fat, i cant grow, im getting minimal strength gains, All while carefully calculating, planning, logging workouts/diet etc. It HAS to be hormonal. I think this bc I have the gyno issue which comes and goes at random, and my sex drive with my gf is hit or miss, just okay, or non existant. No clue if im fertile, and now were talking kids. Shes not happy to say the least bc i refuse to stop taking things in fear of what will happen. Unfortunately, most doctors r fools and ignorant to this world and lifestyle And because im so young, they look at me like Im insane whenever i bring it up.

One thing I took which worked absolutely the best out of anything ive ever tried is the AI- Erase by PES. I cut fat, got stronger, harder, sex drive was better (not great), but It lowered estrogen, so im thinking thats where my problem is lying.. estrogen/cortisol.

Anyone who has experienced something simlar, it would be great to hear from you and get your reaction/advice/ideas.
Thanks!

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
why can't you get tested? they will do their own physical, you can go get a blood test on your own and at least have an idea of what is low or high...

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Well first off bro, I'd seriously reconsider talking about kids at 23 yrs old, get married first and stay married for a few yrs before even considering kids!! As for your question, if something is out of whack hormonally, there is nothing a blood test or even a prescription is going to do to stop you from getting on with the police dept. Your health should come first, go to a Dr. Also, what does your diet look like? Sometimes in a caloric deficit or low fat in your diet your sex drive can drop.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
go to a doctor... nobody here can give medical advice

you should probably stop taking all supplements except for vitamins and fish oil

get more sleep... from reading your post you also sound like you may have some anxiety issues

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well first off bro, I'd seriously reconsider talking about kids at 23 yrs old, get married first and stay married for a few yrs before even considering kids!! As for your question, if something is out of whack hormonally, there is nothing a blood test or even a prescription is going to do to stop you from getting on with the police dept. Your health should come first, go to a Dr. Also, what does your diet look like? Sometimes in a caloric deficit or low fat in your diet your sex drive can drop.
lol we wanna get engaged as soon as i get hired somewhere. been togther little over a year, its the real thing- i know bc we drive eachother crazy enough to kill eachother but still cant leave! ha. but anyway. i know pd's conduct their own tests, but they wont test for anything like that. the worry is that if i have it out there on my history then they will look into it. so its best to just ignore it for now, maybe.

diet wise- i lift/run fasted ( i take l carnitine/cla, oxy elite, and isa test pre workout, along with yok3d) ill have a shake post workout, a meal an hour after the shake, and eat every 2-4 hours. 3 meals, 2-3 shakes. All meals are low carb (under 20g and most from veggies or naturally occuring sugars) moderate fat and high protein. daily totals (i avoid strict logging anymore bc i have enough to think about) are protein 150-200g, carb 50-80g, fat 20-40g. sometimes less/fat carb. but protein is always high. i have to stay low carb bc i fat weight SO easily, another BAD affect of whatever is going on inside me...

and swollen- if u talked to me 2 weeks ago when i was on the erase, i woulda been a different person. it actually felt like i was in the shape my workout/diet should make me be. now i definitely am pretty anxious/pissed off that i bust my a** and barely get anything out of it.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that is not enough calories...bottom line, even if u werent training......double what you eat and see how you feel, seriosuly

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that is not enough calories...bottom line, even if u werent training......double what you eat and see how you feel, seriosuly
Then how come when I took the ai erase I leaned out insanely on a daily basis AND got stronger? not trying to argue or say you're wrong.. But I eat like that bc my metabolism seems to be non existent...

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
i know pd's conduct their own tests, but they wont test for anything like that. the worry is that if i have it out there on my history then they will look into it. so its best to just ignore it for now, maybe. diet wise- i lift/run fasted ( i take l carnitine/cla, oxy elite, and isa test pre workout, along with yok3d) ill have a shake post workout, a meal an hour after the shake, and eat every 2-4 hours. 3 meals, 2-3 shakes. All meals are low carb (under 20g and most from veggies or naturally occuring sugars) moderate fat and high protein. daily totals (i avoid strict logging anymore bc i have enough to think about) are protein 150-200g, carb 50-80g, fat 20-40g. sometimes less/fat carb. but protein is always high. i have to stay low carb bc i fat weight SO easily, another BAD affect of whatever is going on inside me...
First off your medical record is not like a criminal record. Federal HIPAA laws protect your history, They can't dig around in it on a whim. They can ask you questions and run their own tests, but they don't care if you hormones are a mess. They care if you are well enough physically to do the job and they care if you are psychologically well enough to do the job. Secondly...you are eating 900 to 1500 calories a day. My wife ate like that for 2 weeks prior to her first figure contest at 130lbs, and she wasn't able to train super hard and heavy and was not able to dor more than 15 min of hiit 1 to 2 times a week, plus walking on the treadmill. She looked great but was tired cranky and had zero sex drive.you are bigger than her, younger, and way more active. You are eating way too little and its no surprise you gain fat easily, you are literally starving yourself and your body is doing the best it can to keep you going.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
First off your medical record is not like a criminal record. Federal HIPAA laws protect your history, They can't dig around in it on a whim. They can ask you questions and run their own tests, but they don't care if you hormones are a mess. They care if you are well enough physically to do the job and they care if you are psychologically well enough to do the job. Secondly...you are eating 900 to 1500 calories a day. My wife ate like that for 2 weeks prior to her first figure contest at 130lbs, and she wasn't able to train super hard and heavy and was not able to dor more than 15 min of hiit 1 to 2 times a week, plus walking on the treadmill. She looked great but was tired cranky and had zero sex drive.you are bigger than her, younger, and way more active. You are eating way too little and its no surprise you gain fat easily, you are literally starving yourself and your body is doing the best it can to keep you going.
Dude I train fitness, bodybuilders and models and again this is a pure case of self castration. If you do things properly you can kick your self back on but there is a whole proper sequence which needs to be done . As well this should be done under medical supervision with a medical professional in integrative or functional medicine. A normal dr would not have a clue on how to get you back on track. I have colleagues all over the united states which familiar with these cases. Pm me for details.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then how come when I took the ai erase I leaned out insanely on a daily basis AND got stronger? not trying to argue or say you're wrong.. But I eat like that bc my metabolism seems to be non existent...
im no expert on supps so I dont wanna give u falso information on that, however ur mtabolism is non existent b/c ur not eating, seriously, ur body is in starvation mode, the metabolism shuts down as well as ur hormones and all else.....starting eating and I bet ull feel 100x better as long as it hasnt been going on fo too long already, then you may need matrix's help.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need to get bloodwork done before anyone can address any real hormonal deficiency. If you don't want to go to a DOC there are other ways of achieving a blood panel.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Up your cals, up your carbs, and up your fats. I figured this was the issue in my first response, willing to bet I'm right. Your driving urself crazy over nothing, your diet is ****ing with you and you need more fat intake.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Up your cals, up your carbs, and up your fats. I figured this was the issue in my first response, willing to bet I'm right. Your driving urself crazy over nothing, your diet is ****ing with you and you need more fat intake.
There has to be a moderate intake of healthy fats, there has been research showing that really high fat meals actually blunt testosterone after consumption. I am not sure if this is 100% valid but I have seen some write ups on it. Bottom line if your hypogonadic your hypogonadic. Its probably due to all the soy/pthatlates/parabins/toxins we have in everything we consume/wear.

Best solution is a blood panel to access whats going wrong.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
at 1500 or less calories a day it doesnt matter what he eats with as much training as he is doing, he is starving himself and because of that everything is shutting off...like his nuts, like his metabolism and so on.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need more fats my friend. I was the same way, fat till around 16. 6-8 years of dumb dieting killed my metabolism. I'm still probably over dieted.

I'm not saying eat everything in sight and just get fat. I'm saying you probably need to eat as much food to fuel your workout/life.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
You have classic over training symptoms. You also do not eat nearly enough and I would venture to say the reason you hold fat is because your metabolism has slowed due to your diet. You also easily add fat because your body has become accustomed to eating such a small amount of calories.

You should highly consider taking a week off, upping your cals, especially carbs (you need these for energy) and fat (your body needs saturated fat to maximize test production), and staying off test boosters for awhile. Good luck.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You have classic over training symptoms. You also do not eat nearly enough and I would venture to say the reason you hold fat is because your metabolism has slowed due to your diet. You also easily add fat because your body has become accustomed to eating such a small amount of calories.

You should highly consider taking a week off, upping your cals, especially carbs (you need these for energy) and fat (your body needs saturated fat to maximize test production), and staying off test boosters for awhile. Good luck.
He needs to properly asses the imbalanced created by his bad lifestyles before even knowing where to start. As many cases of under eating and over training syndromes I have dealt with, eating more calories to an inflamed immune system is not a good idea because it can make matters worse. One needs to examine all the variables in order to know how to design the proper protocol. I have been down this road and there are other issues which need to be dealt with first before making matters worse.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Im 23.. and having some bad hormonal issues with cortisol, belly fat, energy, sleep, sex drive, However, I cant get tested because I am applying for police officer positions and i dont want any medical stuff hanging over my head.
Before I knew it, I was on two fat burners year round and basically became a self-made guinea pig for every type of test booster out there. Now, im afraid to even stop taking anything bc if it doesnt work while im on, wtf is it gona be like when im off! :/ Extreme dieting can alter testosterone levels. Fat burners can fry your adrenals lowering both cortisol and testosterone. You say you are taking tests to apply for police positions, is there a chance that anything you are taking can show up as a steroid on a drug test? Automatic disqualification. Get off of everything now.

Ive been training, hard, for the past 7 years with virtually no rest, maybe 2 weeks total per year. Most recently I have agreed with myself to lift and run on a 4-5 day a week schedule (finally realized i needed rest) and even considering a 3 day HST training for the winter/fall, but now im noticing that I cant shed fat, i cant grow, im getting minimal strength gains, All while carefully calculating, planning, logging workouts/diet etc. It HAS to be hormonal. Good possibility, but you are guessing. You need to get bloodwork done before you get a job. I think this bc I have the gyno issue which comes and goes at random, and my sex drive with my gf is hit or miss, just okay, or non existant. No clue if im fertile, and now were talking kids. Shes not happy to say the least bc i refuse to stop taking things in fear of what will happen. It can't get worse. Unfortunately, most doctors r fools and ignorant to this world and lifestyle And because im so young, they look at me like Im insane whenever i bring it up.

One thing I took which worked absolutely the best out of anything ive ever tried is the AI- Erase by PES. I cut fat, got stronger, harder, sex drive was better (not great), but It lowered estrogen, so im thinking thats where my problem is lying.. estrogen/cortisol.

Anyone who has experienced something simlar, it would be great to hear from you and get your reaction/advice/ideas.
Thanks!
Unfortunately, you will never treat this successfully based on symptoms. You need to get bloodwork and go from there.
If you need HRT it would be legally prescribed, monitored by a medical professional and would benefit greatly trying to go through a police academy.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
i know pd's conduct their own tests, but they wont test for anything like that.
the worry is that if i have it out there on my history then they will look into it. so its best to just ignore it for now, maybe.
First sentence. I am sorry, you are sadly mistaken. Not only will they test you for substances you would never suspect, but many departments do lie detector surveys that ask you about every drug you can imagine, then based upon the answers on your survey, they ask those questions again in the actual lie detector test. The smallest, most innocent lie will disqualify you. This is 2011. Steroids are a schedule III controlled substance just like cocaine and narcotic painkillers. And many OTC substances will test positive for boldenone.

Second sentence.v4lu3s addressed.

Macc

Awards
Im 23.. and having some bad hormonal issues with cortisol, belly fat, energy, sleep, sex drive, However, I cant get tested because I am applying for police officer positions and i dont want any medical stuff hanging over my head. I know I have a problem because I eat the cleanest out of anyone ive ever effing met, I run 3-5 times a week hard (30-35 mins of HIIT training) and my lifts are spot on, I know what im doing. After doing everything properly, I have come to the conclusion that my ignorance as a teen has totally effed me now. I was fat until 16 and never worked out. dieted and worked out hard for about 6 months before i hit a plateau in weight loss, then turned to fat burners, diuretics, test boosters for football, etc. Before i knew it, I was on two fat burners year round and basically became a self-made guinea pig for every type of test booster out there. Now, im afraid to even stop taking anything bc if it doesnt work while im on, wtf is it gona be like when im off! :/

Ive been training, hard, for the past 7 years with virtually no rest, maybe 2 weeks total per year. Most recently I have agreed with myself to lift and run on a 4-5 day a week schedule (finally realized i needed rest) and even considering a 3 day HST training for the winter/fall, but now im noticing that I cant shed fat, i cant grow, im getting minimal strength gains, All while carefully calculating, planning, logging workouts/diet etc. It HAS to be hormonal. I think this bc I have the gyno issue which comes and goes at random, and my sex drive with my gf is hit or miss, just okay, or non existant. No clue if im fertile, and now were talking kids. Shes not happy to say the least bc i refuse to stop taking things in fear of what will happen. Unfortunately, most doctors r fools and ignorant to this world and lifestyle And because im so young, they look at me like Im insane whenever i bring it up.

Thanks!
I didn't see that anyone has mentioned this yet... Go and see the stickied thread in the Anabolics section about getting your own lab work done. With the discount code, you can get a lab test from Private MD labs for as cheap as $50.00.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys thanks for all your information, concern, and advice. I would agree thst my diet, while clean, is way too low calorically... Im just so unsure of eating so much. I was 94 pounds at age 18 from 190. Tool about a year to get that low.. At 120 I
Realized how bad it was but then couldn't stop myself. It was only until I landed in icu with next to
No vital signs measurable, that I realized I needed to eat again... Anyway. I will definitely get scheduled for some tests. And will contac matrix. Thanks fellas

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
Guys thanks for all your information, concern, and advice. I would agree thst my diet, while clean, is way too low calorically... Im just so unsure of eating so much. I was 94 pounds at age 18 from 190. Tool about a year to get that low.. At 120 I
Realized how bad it was but then couldn't stop myself. It was only until I landed in icu with next to
No vital signs measurable, that I realized I needed to eat again... Anyway. I will definitely get scheduled for some tests. And will contac matrix. Thanks fellas
This post alone shows you need to eat. 190 to 94 pounds holy ****. That's an unhealthy amount of weight to lose. Bro you need to eat more definitely. Maybe lay off of supps for a little an just stick to staples(creatine, multi, protein) for awhile. Your like one of my buddies who was pretty overweight and he always eats very little calories per day and wants to become alot more muscular which won't happen without eating. But he told me he's just worried about gaining weight again. I eat around 3500-4000 calories a day and sit right at 206 and haven't really went up or down for the past month.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea man, start eating, same stuff happened to me, liek leterally same thing and my body shut down, they put my on HRT and I am now (with matrix's help) trying t come off of it and restart myself........ you may have a long road ahead of u....good luck man and don't forget about ur bros here on AM we got ur back

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
yea man, start eating, same stuff happened to me, liek leterally same thing and my body shut down, they put my on HRT and I am now (with matrix's help) trying t come off of it and restart myself........ you may have a long road ahead of u....good luck man and don't forget about ur bros here on AM we got ur back
Mkretz dis you get blood worn done yet I been on look out for it

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mkretz dis you get blood worn done yet I been on look out for it
just did it today....... let me know results as soon as you get them!!! Have to go back for cortisol though because that needed to be done between 7-9 a.m and it was 10

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Err I know more food, but it's easy to maintain weight eating so much if if metabolism isn't shot like mine appears to be :/ I try.. Some days prob 2 a week I eat" a lot" n others r pretty low cal.. I have contacted matrix..

Question: what affects does stating on fat burners year round have? I'm on two ( I switch them up) year round for past two years.. I plan on going back to one during bulking (starting November) bc I feel like I need SOMEtHING to keep my metabolism up...

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I have contacted matrix..

Question: what affects does staying on fat burners year round have? I'm on two ( I switch them up) year round for past two years.. I plan on going back to one during bulking (starting November) bc I feel like I need SOMEtHING to keep my metabolism up...
Extreme dieting can alter testosterone levels. Fat burners can fry your adrenals lowering both cortisol and testosterone.

Someone posted this possibility.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Fat burners will Down regulate your neurotransmitters namely catecholamines. As well as deplete many nutrients which you are already low in from low calorie eating patterns

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no fat burners...gain weight....eating will re ignite the metabolism, stop worrying and eat, u got a long way to go before ur "fat" so dont worry about it...esp. with winter coming up

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
no fat burners...gain weight....eating will re ignite the metabolism, stop worrying and eat, u got a long way to go before ur "fat" so dont worry about it...esp. with winter coming up
People who put there body through stress have an irritated GI tract and need to properly heal this before consuming large calories other wise they are risking increase of food allergies in the future. People think its that easy, but its really not and needs to be done in specific sequence.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Hey cheda going threw the same thing your going threw, was fat extreme dieted now suffering from low sex drive probs etc! You need to find a doctor get bloods etc! I to have to watch what I eat or I gain fat easily ever since I come off dieting, f ing blows but only by going to a doc you will find out what's your issue! Going on the TRS Stack to see if I can jumpstart myself! turns out high cortisol was the issue think it will probably the same for you! Best of luck

compudog

compudog

Awards
then turned to fat burners, diuretics, test boosters for football, etc. Before i knew it, I was on two fat burners year round and basically became a self-made guinea pig for every type of test booster out there. Now, im afraid to even stop taking anything bc if it doesnt work while im on, wtf is it gona be like when im off! :/
Stop taking all that stuff. Of course you're messed up. Don't worry about what will happen. Your hormones can make you crave carbs, fat, etc, but they can't stuff the doughnut in your face. Make a diet plan for an appropriate amount of calories (minimum 1800, preferably over 2000, 15 is way too low for an active person), and stick to it. You won't blow up with fat if you stick to your diet.

Once you've got that going, give yourself 2 or 3 months for your body to become adjusted, then go in and get yourself tested. Don't worry about your employer, it's none of their business beyond sick time, your privacy is protected by law.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget to lay off all stims! Should stick to basics multi vit and fish oil! And maybe an adaptogen! stick to eating natural food as well get plent of rest and sleep

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget to lay off all stims! Should stick to basics multi vit and fish oil! And maybe an adaptogen! stick to eating natural food as well get plent of rest and sleep
Need to get with an expert who has seen this before. I know of this first hand as this was one of the reason my health declined at rapid rate. The thing is that dr's do not understand the snow ball affect it has on your immune, endocrine, and neurological systems. This why people never get better is because they look at one thing instead of looking at the whole picture. If you need a good specialist in your area let me know.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Hey matrix I actually got blood test and here's my results

Total Test 1 - 31 = 26
Free test 1 - 110 = 68
Prolactin 42 - 220 = 62
Estrogen 0 - 168 = 110
Cortisol 0 - 534 = 576
Vitamin D 0 - 50 = 46
Prostate 0 - 1.40 = 1.43

I'm suffering From ED , weight gain, lethargy etc my doc says my results are actually really healthy apart from Vit D I'm deficient and my prostate is over as well, he"s putting me on Vit D supp and I had a blood retest for my prostate which I'm awaiting! Cortisol he said not to worry about for some reason even though I'm over! Matrix can you recommend me anyone in uk London area that can help?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Total Test 1 - 31 = 26
Free test 1 - 110 = 68
Prolactin 42 - 220 = 62
Estrogen 0 - 168 = 110
Cortisol 0 - 534 = 576
Vitamin D 0 - 50 = 46
Prostate 0 - 1.40 = 1.43

I'm suffering From ED , weight gain, lethargy etc my doc says my results are actually really healthy apart from Vit D I'm deficient and my prostate is over as well, he"s putting me on Vit D supp and I had a blood retest for my prostate which I'm awaiting! Cortisol he said not to worry about for some reason even though I'm over! Matrix can you recommend me anyone in uk London area that can help?
i have a lot of people in Uk I work with Actually one of my clients is scheduled to be on a Uk morning television show in next month or so. I think you need to look at things from a integrative approach. Austin your dr is being lazy and I can assure you your issue is much more deeper then that. I wish I could just get with ONE open minded endo or medical professional over there it and pull These dr's out of the stone age and into modern times. There would be some many people which will benefit it be crazy. I am hoping my client who is well respected in the fitness field is able to start to bring what we have done with her to full light over there.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
i have a lot of people in Uk I work with Actually one of my clients is scheduled to be on a Uk morning television show in next month or so. I think you need to look at things from a integrative approach. Austin your dr is being lazy and I can assure you your issue is much more deeper then that. I wish I could just get with ONE open minded endo or medical professional over there it and pull These dr's out of the stone age and into modern times. There would be some many people which will benefit it be crazy. I am hoping my client who is well respected in the fitness field is able to start to bring what we have done with her to full light over there.
Your absolutely right! They put it down to I have a psychological problem, but seriously the fact that I can't get hard over anything and I get all these symptoms lethargy weight gain etc they choose to ignore! he wanted to put me on TRT but I'd rather try to heal naturally

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Total Test 1 - 31 = 26
Free test 1 - 110 = 68
Prolactin 42 - 220 = 62
Estrogen 0 - 168 = 110
Cortisol 0 - 534 = 576
Vitamin D 0 - 50 = 46
Prostate 0 - 1.40 = 1.43

You have to remember a lot of Docs dont understand hormone panels.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Your absolutely right! They put it down to I have a psychological problem, but seriously the fact that I can't get hard over anything and I get all these symptoms lethargy weight gain etc they choose to ignore! he wanted to put me on TRT but I'd rather try to heal naturally
Like I said you know where to get a hold of me as many others have in the past.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

Exactly what I was going to say.
I had the same issue years ago.
But I restructured my diet and eat at least maintenance calories every day but usually 2200-2800.
The exercise will keep you lean.
Like others have said your body is in survival mode .