30 years old. Low test possible? - AnabolicMinds.com

30 years old. Low test possible?

1. New Member
    Answers

30 years old. Low test possible?

So for the past year or two I have been experiencing what may be low test I think. Weak feeling in the gym, tired, missing lots of gym days, not very competitive, sensations during sex seem weak, but no problem with libido. Does this sound like low test?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sniper80 View Post
    So for the past year or two I have been experiencing what may be low test I think. Weak feeling in the gym, tired, missing lots of gym days, not very competitive, sensations during sex seem weak, but no problem with libido. Does this sound like low test?
    It very likely could be. It could also be several other things, too. I'd recommend getting some blood work done to check this out. Based on what you said, I'd look at:

total testosterone
    free testosterone
    estradiol
    SHBG (possibly)

There are plenty of other things that could be looked at, too, but I'd start with the first 3 for sure.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

3. Elite Member
    Answers

Look at my thread "getting to the root cause" and it will list the test needed to isolate your issue.

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

Well im finally gettin around to having blood work done. Appt is thursday afternoon. I will post results when I receive them. Blood being drawn by order of my family practioner.

5. Elite Member
    Answers

Well im finally gettin around to having blood work done. Appt is thursday afternoon. I will post results when I receive them. Blood being drawn by order of my family practioner.
    Where have you served in the Military?
    You need to ask your self WHY?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

6. New Member
    Answers

I served in the marines but have been out for 10 years

7. New Member
    Answers

Just got my lab results back. Dont have a copy yet but was told on the phone that my thyroid was normal but my total test was 400 and my free test was low also around 60 I believe she said. They want me to come in to discuss treatment options

8. Elite Member
    Answers

Just got my lab results back. Dont have a copy yet but was told on the phone that my thyroid was normal but my total test was 400 and my free test was low also around 60 I believe she said. They want me to come in to discuss treatment options
    Where was your e2, thyroid, and adrenal reading. Thats right the Dr did not do them but in your case were essential. Armed forces typical PSTD may have made a major impact. When dealing with these cases I would not ventured so much on testosterone, but look outside other areas before TRT.

9. New Member
    Answers

I have another appt on friday. Ill bring up the e2, thyroids,and adrenal readings. Thanks

10. Elite Member
    Answers

I have another appt on friday. Ill bring up the e2, thyroids,and adrenal readings. Thanks
    They will not know how to properly evaluate them, most Dr's do not.

11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Any news on this Sniper? Interested in seeing what they had to say.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com

12. New Member
    Answers

Yes. The doctor wont test e2,lh,fsh,adrenals or shbg. Says its not necessary. Gave me a prescription for androgel and sent me on way.

13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Yes. The doctor wont test e2,lh,fsh,adrenals or shbg. Says its not necessary. Gave me a prescription for androgel and sent me on way.
    ANDROGEL!? Dam was hoping to see he would get you something better, read lots of (not too horrible) reviews on it and it doesn't seem that great for someone with a bodybuilding hobby.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com

14. New Member
    Answers

Im goin to labcorp on my own for the rest of the tests. Ill just pay out of pocket. The doctor wont prescibe injections until they see how I respond to androgel. Im not gonna take it until I get these other tests done. Still worried about the fact I dont have an ai or hcg if I take the gel or injections. This doctor says thats not necessary cause im not on bodybuilding doses. I got to get these other readings!!!

15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sniper80
    Im goin to labcorp on my own for the rest of the tests. Ill just pay out of pocket. The doctor wont prescibe injections until they see how I respond to androgel. Im not gonna take it until I get these other tests done. Still worried about the fact I dont have an ai or hcg if I take the gel or injections. This doctor says thats not necessary cause im not on bodybuilding doses. I got to get these other readings!!!
    Good luck man. Its a sin to enjoy lifting these days it seems, doctors have a habit of not trusting their own patients, its sad.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 04:49 PM
  2. Blood test 31 years old
    By Dahollow in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 12:52 PM
  3. 21 Years Old and low Test??
    By hornedsaviour in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine