30 years old. Low test possible?

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
So for the past year or two I have been experiencing what may be low test I think. Weak feeling in the gym, tired, missing lots of gym days, not very competitive, sensations during sex seem weak, but no problem with libido. Does this sound like low test?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So for the past year or two I have been experiencing what may be low test I think. Weak feeling in the gym, tired, missing lots of gym days, not very competitive, sensations during sex seem weak, but no problem with libido. Does this sound like low test?
It very likely could be. It could also be several other things, too. I'd recommend getting some blood work done to check this out. Based on what you said, I'd look at:

total testosterone
free testosterone
estradiol
SHBG (possibly)

There are plenty of other things that could be looked at, too, but I'd start with the first 3 for sure.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Look at my thread "getting to the root cause" and it will list the test needed to isolate your issue.

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
Well im finally gettin around to having blood work done. Appt is thursday afternoon. I will post results when I receive them. Blood being drawn by order of my family practioner.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well im finally gettin around to having blood work done. Appt is thursday afternoon. I will post results when I receive them. Blood being drawn by order of my family practioner.
Where have you served in the Military?
You need to ask your self WHY?

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
I served in the marines but have been out for 10 years

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
Just got my lab results back. Dont have a copy yet but was told on the phone that my thyroid was normal but my total test was 400 and my free test was low also around 60 I believe she said. They want me to come in to discuss treatment options

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just got my lab results back. Dont have a copy yet but was told on the phone that my thyroid was normal but my total test was 400 and my free test was low also around 60 I believe she said. They want me to come in to discuss treatment options
Where was your e2, thyroid, and adrenal reading. Thats right the Dr did not do them but in your case were essential. Armed forces typical PSTD may have made a major impact. When dealing with these cases I would not ventured so much on testosterone, but look outside other areas before TRT.

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
I have another appt on friday. Ill bring up the e2, thyroids,and adrenal readings. Thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have another appt on friday. Ill bring up the e2, thyroids,and adrenal readings. Thanks
They will not know how to properly evaluate them, most Dr's do not.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any news on this Sniper? Interested in seeing what they had to say.

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
Yes. The doctor wont test e2,lh,fsh,adrenals or shbg. Says its not necessary. Gave me a prescription for androgel and sent me on way.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. The doctor wont test e2,lh,fsh,adrenals or shbg. Says its not necessary. Gave me a prescription for androgel and sent me on way.
ANDROGEL!? Dam was hoping to see he would get you something better, read lots of (not too horrible) reviews on it and it doesn't seem that great for someone with a bodybuilding hobby.

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
Im goin to labcorp on my own for the rest of the tests. Ill just pay out of pocket. The doctor wont prescibe injections until they see how I respond to androgel. Im not gonna take it until I get these other tests done. Still worried about the fact I dont have an ai or hcg if I take the gel or injections. This doctor says thats not necessary cause im not on bodybuilding doses. I got to get these other readings!!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im goin to labcorp on my own for the rest of the tests. Ill just pay out of pocket. The doctor wont prescibe injections until they see how I respond to androgel. Im not gonna take it until I get these other tests done. Still worried about the fact I dont have an ai or hcg if I take the gel or injections. This doctor says thats not necessary cause im not on bodybuilding doses. I got to get these other readings!!!
Good luck man. Its a sin to enjoy lifting these days it seems, doctors have a habit of not trusting their own patients, its sad.