American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine

yzfrr11

Awards
Are there any A4M members on this forum? I am a new to HRT and I just started a regimen 6 weeks ago. I myself am a physician, and I have become intrigued with this field.

I have been considering becoming A4M board certified. Is this a worthwhile endeavor? Is A4M a highly regarded board?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have a physicians group that I consult with that is currently partaking in the A4M certification. I believe they are into their 3rd or 4th module at the moment. The education and seminar discussions are top notch in terms of nutrition and physiological advances via nutraceuticals. It's a lot more encompassing then just hormones, regulation and HRT treatment. The information as a whole is a great adjunct to the information garnered during medical school. The physicians really love all that they are learning through it, albeit at a high cost, something around 20k I believe. If it's something your really interested in (and you like the science behind it) then I think it could be a worth while endeavor.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Are there any A4M members on this forum? I am a new to HRT and I just started a regimen 6 weeks ago. I myself am a physician, and I have become intrigued with this field.

I have been considering becoming A4M board certified. Is this a worthwhile endeavor? Is A4M a highly regarded board?
As a medical consultant, I consult with Dr's that are A4m board certified and several of them are uneducated about functional medicine. Some of the protocols I see them running with patients need to be revamped. A4M is backed by Life extention foundation. They are one of the most scientific research based companies who sell supplements. Most Dr's will frown upon A4M because they have a disposition against not the organization but the Dr's who are part of it. I am hoping to go out to the big conference out in Vegas when they have it next. It would be worth getting certified as it does give you a great net work of dr's of all professionals. There are ND, MD, DO, and other health professionals there. I have seen all the lectures on DVD which are very informative, but some times boring as there is not any new information on them. I tend to fast forward a lot LOL. Since dealing with this from a person stand point and now dealing it with the medical side, I have found the best way to learn is through experience and in the field it self. With no medical training at all, I am now consulting with Drs on difficult cases ranging from depression, CFS, and hormonal imbalances. We get the people that have been to the best of the best and still have not found resolution. Its because the Drs specialize in one thing. When an integrative approach is used the patients therapeutic out come is increased. Having networked with the top researchers in specific areas of medicine has a huge advantage over other health professionals.

I think its a good thing to have to have under your belt.