Estradiol, Sensitive and Estradiol Levels

aaronexists

Awards
I ordered a pre-created panel from one of the online sites. The panel I bought gave me Estradiol. So, I ordered Estradiol, Sensitive in addition to the panel; I've learned that much from this forum. Thanks.

While I'm tempted to toss the Estradiol number out and only rely on the Estradiol, Sensitive number, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I suspect that if I order another pre-created panel, I'm going to get the Estradiol number again at some point, so just want to learn about this angle.

I realize my levels are way too high (in fact more than 3x my baseline for E Sensitive); pretty much could tell without doing tests. This is a peak number, approx 30 hrs post injection of 150mg T Cyp with no AI. I've added in a small dose of AI from doc and moved injection to twice per week. I'd like to get feedback on all of my results, but wanted to focus in on the Estradiol/Estradiol, Sensitive measurement interpretation in this post.

Is there any way or reason to read these two results together? (Results from LabCorp.)

Estradiol, Sensitive3.0 - 70.0pg/mL66
Estradiol7.6 - 42.6pg/mL73.9

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
When your high I don't care what test you do your high I have been on TRT over 30 yrs after age 46 I started getting some ED problems as I got into my 50's I had very bad ED and could not reach an orgasm with out so dam much work I would think I would have a heart attack. Long story short of all this back then the only labs for E's were women's labs.

My first test was over the top of the range I think the top was 90 pg/ml it said >90 I had all kinds of problems that all went away after getting my E2 Estraidol levlels down to about 20 pg/ml. At the time I was 57 now 67 I have bad ED problems, Panic Attacks, high Anxiety, BPH with one bladder infection after the other, Sore and Hard Nipples, Looked Red like a Sunburn on my upper body and face, I would feel hot and sweat all day and night long, I had rash's that would come and go, I had bad brain fog and lost many yrs ago my Rem Sleep wood.

Getting my E2 down all this went away all of it it was a great change in my life so much for the better. I took all kinds of things to get my E2 down none worked what did was Zinc with Coppper 50/2 mgs 2x's/ day for the first 4 weeks the one x's / day. Then Arimidex .5 mgs every day for about 8 weeks the first thing that happened was I got my Rem Sleep wood back and it was so strong it woke me up. After this I no longer had ED but my libido was still low.

Not to make this a long story doing labs they came down to 24 pg/ml and my SHBG was in the 60's for yrs this started coming down. My Free T was all ways very low and this came up to the top of the range. Now for your labs what I found out is when your high I don't care what kind of test you do your high. But when you take Arimidex or Aromasin going down to low is just as back for your health as being to high. Yet a women's test for E2 would come back saying <20 when all there was at this time was a women's E2 test.

I went to low and my labs only would say <20 so we did not know much about this at the time and we did not know how much below 20 I was. My guess is very low because I lost my wood had sore joints and felt like crap. I stopped the Arimidex it took me 8 weeks off it to get my levels back up and the first thing to come back was Rem Sleep wood. Labs came in at 22 pg/ml.

So with the new Sensitive Estradiol labs I now do from Quest labs #4021 the range is 13 to 54 pg/ml but if your below 13 it shows it 2 labs ago I was at 7 pg/ml playing around with Prog. cream that I now know will lower your E2 levels if your take a very strong dose of it.

So your Estradiol test range 7.6 to 42.6 pg/ml is not a Sensitive Test so even though it goes down to 7.6 it is not as Sensitive as the other test and men on Arimidex or Aromasin need to run Sensitive E2 labs to tell a ture level so you know if your going down to low.

Still even today I gage my E2 levels by my Rem Sleep wood not my labs I change my dose of Aromaisin by how I am feeling as per my Dr. I have found E2 never stays the same from week to week. Some week I need more Aromaisin other weeks I need less.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
One can reduce e by increasing the frequency of the shots from once a week to 2 times or every other day. This will create more stable T levels and also makes e2 more easily to handle

aaronexists

Awards
Thanks pmgamer18 and Matrix. Yes, it could be a long-term process to find balance.

For the first time, I moved to (1/2 dose) twice a week injections yesterday. I can already feel the difference: I'm not peaking out of my mind today. Last week, I was almost feeling manic.

I had some pretty big stress come up last Monday, the day after injecting all 150mg at once, and I was practically having the first panic attack of my life. My mood was all over the place -- from solidly content and calm to pissed off and scared. Of course, my Total T was over 1400, Free T was above what the test would track, and Estradiol was at 66... So, Total T was up almost 5x from baseline and estradiol was 3x baseline. While I did go to the top of the T roller coaster, I felt like I got my next injection well before getting to the bottom. Today, I feel much more normal -- makes me almost worry that I somehow messed up the 75mg injection yesterday... but I know I didn't mess it up. So, just getting used to this whole TRT/HRT thing. Interesting stuff.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes with working with Dr's and their patients, it takes a little tweaking here and there eventually you hit the right combo. If you have good numbers and still feel like crap then look to the adrenals, thyroid, inflammation (immune system), Neurology and other external stresses. Commonly it can be found it lifestyles, or proper nutrition, but some times it can go deeper.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If you find this works good for you doing shots 2x's / week yet your E2 levels are still on the higher side try doing your Shots of test C every 3 days I have been doing this for over 7 yrs after reading this post a copy of it.
But my Dr. will not let me do this subQ so he lets me use a 27g 1ml. x 1/2" lg. needle and I shoot into my thigh my levels are very good doing this in the 900's.
====================================================================================================
"I heard back from the patient of Dr. Shippen. He injects depo-testosterone 200mg/ml, .35 ml every 3 days into abdominal fat. He splits the injections into two .18 ml injections which is .36 ml, and says this is because a tiny amount will leak out of the injection site.

According to this patient, this dosing schedule leaves him with a stable 900 ng/dl total testosterone level and none of the high estrogen conversion associated with large intramuscular injection.

Apparently Shippen is convinced enough that this is now his preferred method of TRT. I know he starts by trying to get levels into the high normal range by trying to get the body to make its own, but if TRT is called for apparently subcutaneous injection is the first thing he prescribes."
[This appears to be 70mg every 3 days for a total of 163mg/wk]
Thanks pmgamer18 and Matrix. Yes, it could be a long-term process to find balance.

For the first time, I moved to (1/2 dose) twice a week injections yesterday. I can already feel the difference: I'm not peaking out of my mind today. Last week, I was almost feeling manic.

I had some pretty big stress come up last Monday, the day after injecting all 150mg at once, and I was practically having the first panic attack of my life. My mood was all over the place -- from solidly content and calm to pissed off and scared. Of course, my Total T was over 1400, Free T was above what the test would track, and Estradiol was at 66... So, Total T was up almost 5x from baseline and estradiol was 3x baseline. While I did go to the top of the T roller coaster, I felt like I got my next injection well before getting to the bottom. Today, I feel much more normal -- makes me almost worry that I somehow messed up the 75mg injection yesterday... but I know I didn't mess it up. So, just getting used to this whole TRT/HRT thing. Interesting stuff.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I had some pretty big stress come up last Monday, the day after injecting all 150mg at once, and I was practically having the first panic attack of my life. My mood was all over the place -- from solidly content and calm to pissed off and scared.
Those are estrogen symptoms.
Need to get that estrogen down to 15 to 30pg.