63 yr old

orangebusa

Awards
63 yr old with low t, is it safe to go on trt

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I would choose quality of life over quantity of life any day of the week, but what are your concerns?
What do you mean, is it safe to go on TRT?

orangebusa

Awards
i have most of the symtoms of low t, my t is 250 to 300 on any day, e2 is 29, would it be bad to jack my t up to the 700's, while keeping an eye on my blood work, could i ever go back off the trt if i wanted to without any serious side effects, i have a doc that will give me all the gear thanks

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
i have most of the symtoms of low t, my t is 250 to 300 on any day, e2 is 29, would it be bad to jack my t up to the 700's, while keeping an eye on my blood work, could i ever go back off the trt if i wanted to without any serious side effects, i have a doc that will give me all the gear thanks
At our age it is very unlikely that if you start HRT you could ever come of and "be normal". Whatever is causing your low testosterone is not going to grow back at 63.

If you are reluctant to start HRT, you might consider attempting a restart, but I seriously doubt you will have any success with it at 63.

If your doctor is willing to prescribe what you need then he should be responsible for getting regular blood work.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
63 yr old with low t, is it safe to go on trt
I would DEFF rec it and would say yes. BUT ygo to doc and get checked out fully before doing snything. just to make sure. :)

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes you will feel much better on TRT your sugar, Chol, engery, and mood will become much better. I am 67 yrs old been on TRT 31 yrs my problem was seeing the wrong dr.'s wasting the first 5 yrs on Anti-Depressent meds then I found out my problem was low T went on TRT 31 yrs ago but the Dr.'s I seen Endo's and Uro's were ues less all told me I am Primary meaning my Testis don't work. After 23 yrs on TRT and not feeling 100% I added HCG to my Depo T shots redid labs in 8 weeks and my TT levels doubled going from 600 to 1200 now this is not high using the loco lab we were using. My labs rage at the time was top of range 1592 so 600 is dam low.

This told me and my New Dr. I am not Primary I am in fact Secondary and it's due to a Head Injury from an Auto Accident some 32 yrs ago. Please with your talk about T meds for men with low T don't call it gear. Testosteone is looked down at by to dam many Dr.'s and people so let call it what it is Testosterone.

Here is a good link for you to read in this it states to get your levels up for TT into the upper 1/3 of your labs range and to keep your Estraidol levels down between 10 to 30 pg/ml best at 20. I had lost my sex life on TRT from age 45 to 55 had back ED and could not reach an orgasm I found out 12 yrs ago it was very high Estradiol levels getting this down taking Arimidex I got my Rem Sleep wood back after not having them for many yrs over 20. My ED was gone and I felt so dam much better I even had BPH and this went down no more Prostate problems.

Two and half yrs ago I had Heart Bypass Sugary Dr.'s told me the blockage was from low Growth Hormones all them yrs. I never had high Chol. in my live my surgay went back the wire they use to hold my chest together got infected and I needed to be opened up 7 x's each time they could not close me up because I was on blood thinners so they put me in a coma for over 14 weeks until my Family Dr. seen they took me off my Hormones the day if the surgery and this he feels is why I was doing so bad. WTF it was in my Chart not to do this.

Anyway hear I am sill kicking and I have a very high libido and if my wife was willing I would have sex everyday.

Being on TRT is about seeing the right kind of Dr. and I have found over the yrs. Endo's and Uro's are not good ones.
http://www.griffinmedical.com/male_hormone_modulation_therapy.html

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
At 54 I was at 217, The best thing I ever did to improve my quality of life. Energy and drive returned to normal and I feel great. I'm running right at 700, blood work and check ups every 6 months....all the numbers are good ! I wish I would have done it years ago.....

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
If someone purchased the stuff himself what would be needed?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Take it from one that knows don't self med. your self you can end up in a big mess. Go to www.allthingsmale.com and read the pub. TRT: A Recipe for Success and his HCG update Dr. John puts this out there free for you and your Dr.
If someone purchased the stuff himself what would be needed?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
With out knowing full medical history one can not jump to.conclusions with our knowing the whole story. People may be helpful on line but unless they know what the ins and outs of the person then need to proceed with caution. He may have past history if cancer prostate issues or some thing else. We had s Guy with psa of 4 and wanted try so we started him at the lowest dosage then to minuter. Since he rode a lot of bike daily it was most likely the cause of the rise in psa, but only next time he had blood work for being on vacation would we know. Get with a good hrt Dr who is going to look at these things as saftey measure. People wonder why I get all worked up is because peoples intentions are good but over the past couple.months it has been reoccurring people self.medicating.themselves even with otc products is causing more harm.then good. When people come to me on 5 diffferent meds taking an AI to lower e2 which is making depression even worse even with detailed game plan from pmgamer it makes rebalancing them more difficult