Dr offered TRT

A

Able825

Awards
Long story short.
38 yrs old.
5-8 yrs ago used gear.
Never fully recovered.
Went in last year to get a hormone panel because I never felt quite right.
Test was 201.
Results showed it was due to low LH.
Dr put me on clomid for the past year, 25mg/3 x wk.
Test levels climbed to 400 but have stalled.
Dr offered me trt in my last visit and I declined and asked to up the clomid to see if i respond.
So now I'm trying 25mg/5 x wk.

Dr said at 38 I should have test levels above 600. I don't feel as frisky as I used to. Would love to get that feeling back.
Any advice, input or personal stories are greatly appreciated.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
It's really about how you feel IMO and quality of life. I felt a helluv a lot better when I started in 2007 and never looked back. Try it for six months and see how you feel. If no change then you can stop. If your quality of life improves then you have your answer!

A

Able825

Awards
Ok,thanks for the input. It was my understanding that once on you can't really come off. If I do a 6 month run won't it be even harder to go off if I decide that TRT isn't for me?
I'm just scared of screwing myself up more than I am already.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would think long and hard about this choice. Personally I would rather make my own testosterone than to have it replaced synthetically. Once you stay on for a while I think you may feel even worse when/if you do decide to go back off. I wouldn't take this decision lightly, get a lot of opinions first.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
with total t at 200 i wouldnt think twice. but sounds like the op may just need hcg therapy

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Id rather be on inj test, than on clomid ALL the time, I would be afraid of the blindness factor.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just move on to trt unless you want to.examine other factors to find out why you are not responding. Moving up in dosage is.not the answer by may be moving down is. I think you desensitized your lh receptors and less is better I have seen this out come in several cases I worked with.

A

Able825

Awards
with total t at 200 i wouldnt think twice. but sounds like the op may just need hcg therapy
I'm surprised my hasn't mentioned HCG. I'll give him a call to ask him his thoughts about trying that approach since the clomid has only helped a little.
I want to exhaust all options first before going with TRT. I would prefer if I could get back to producing enough testosterone naturally.

A

Able825

Awards
Just move on to trt unless you want to.examine other factors to find out why you are not responding. Moving up in dosage is.not the answer by may be moving down is. I think you desensitized your lh receptors and less is better I have seen this out come in several cases I worked with.
Hmmm.....interesting. Thanks.
What are your thoughts on ambulldog's recommendation on possibly trying HCG?
Any thoughts on other factors I could examine why I'm not responding to clomid like I should?
I'm just struggling with the idea of being on injects the rest of my life. Sure the first few years might be fun, but I'm worried that I might get tired of it over the next 40 yrs.......assuming i live that long.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
might as well thow in kitchen sink too. Things need to be done in sequence in order for you to know what is working other wise you are just playing russian roulette. HCG may work for short term, but if other factors are not in check then it will reduce its effectiveness over time. I have seen this happen with a lot of DR's I have consulted with over the past years. If you are worried about your current health status you may want to contact me about setting up an health evaluation which has helped hundred of men get their life back on track and pin point major imbalances they were unaware of. We are finding out through clinical evaluations that less is better with clomid. Many of the Drs I have worked with are now using 12.5 mgs EOD or e3d getting great results. I would check vitamin D levels to make sure they are in the 70 range other wise your LH receptors may not be getting the optimal response from clomid.

Proper evaluation of adrenals, thyroid, and other parameters, lifestyles, nutrition are also a huge component. You be surprised with even though people may have been eating a great balanced diet majority of them not feeling well had major absorption issues. Once these issues where identified and corrected their symptoms improved dramatically.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I rec you go on HRT, why not? if your ok with 1 shot every week (or 2 weeks min, but id rec EW) with testcyp (or if your in some places of europe then get test undec and pin it every month with total dose and watch levlels and manage dosing till it evens out over a year and stick to the rotien, normally test undec will level out and only 1 shot every three monthes needed from what Iv read.)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Low dosage clomid 12.5 -25 mgs clomid EOD or e3d have not shown to cause issues with eyes. Its when dosages of 50 mgs or more daily has shown potential issues.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Low dosage clomid 12.5 -25 mgs clomid EOD or e3d have not shown to cause issues with eyes. Its when dosages of 50 mgs or more daily has shown potential issues.
Well thats good to know for the guys forced to take it rather than test.