supplements while on androgel

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have recently started using androgel (few months) and still have pretty low Testosterone. I was wondering if any of the T bosting supplemnts or herbs or anything of that matter that may help me further in inceasing my testosterone or since I am getting an exogenous source even though its a very small amount that any supplements woudl do nothing for me

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Here is a copy of a file I made about going on Gels I know of no supplements that make Testosterone levels go higher you might need more or switch to shots.
=================================================================================
Starting on Androgel or Testim.
Yes this happens a lot you start on a low starting dose 5 grams when your brain sees the testosterone in your blood even just a little it slows down even stops sending the LH and FSH message to your testis to make the Testosterone you were making. So lets say your labs for Total T were 350 you add this dose of gel your brain sees this and you lose the base level you had before the gel.

Now lets say you need more then 5 grams most do so now all your left with is what the gel is doing so lets say it's doing 200 so you lost 150.

The reason you feel good is your levels go up that 200 the gel is doing in the first 2 weeks so your levels go up to 550 in theory. The brain sees this and you fall back.

Why can this happen it might be how your putting on the gel with Androgel you need to spread it over your upper arms and shoulders and down your back as far as you can reach this is half of your dose then do the other side. Just spread it over the area but don't rub it in.

The other thing is it's not getting through your skin good so you need more. If you have a thyroid problem your skin will become thicker and gels and creams don't get through the skin and you need to switch to shots.

I tell men when they go on Gels to retest in 2 weeks because you can end up feeling worse. Most men just need more gel. Dr.'s that tell men to go on 5 grams of gel and come back in 8 to 12 weeks for labs don't know much about the use of gels. Dr.'s that treat a lot of men for low T on gels see this happen and test them again in 2 weeks.
When you go to do labs get up and shower that morning go do your labs and then put in the gel after your blood test so you don’t spike up your labs. If you can’t do labs in the morning shower put on the gel but don’t get any gel on the spot they take the blood from. Do your labs about 6 hrs later.

Call your Dr. and tell him this and that your not feeling good you were but fell back.

I have recently started using androgel (few months) and still have pretty low Testosterone. I was wondering if any of the T bosting supplemnts or herbs or anything of that matter that may help me further in inceasing my testosterone or since I am getting an exogenous source even though its a very small amount that any supplements woudl do nothing for me

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
DAA is proven to raise test level and I can vouch for it. However, like pmgamer said, go to shots. A bottle of test cyp. Is less than $20 with insurance and it's the real deal. Primaforce DAA is $19. Case closed.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA is proven to raise test level and I can vouch for it. However, like pmgamer said, go to shots. A bottle of test cyp. Is less than $20 with insurance and it's the real deal. Primaforce DAA is $19. Case closed.
only problem is that i would have to get a script for that and it seems my endo is pretty set on the gel....and....no insurance right now :-(

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is a copy of a file I made about going on Gels I know of no supplements that make Testosterone levels go higher you might need more or switch to shots.
=================================================================================
Starting on Androgel or Testim.
Yes this happens a lot you start on a low starting dose 5 grams when your brain sees the testosterone in your blood even just a little it slows down even stops sending the LH and FSH message to your testis to make the Testosterone you were making. So lets say your labs for Total T were 350 you add this dose of gel your brain sees this and you lose the base level you had before the gel.

Now lets say you need more then 5 grams most do so now all your left with is what the gel is doing so lets say it's doing 200 so you lost 150.

The reason you feel good is your levels go up that 200 the gel is doing in the first 2 weeks so your levels go up to 550 in theory. The brain sees this and you fall back.

Why can this happen it might be how your putting on the gel with Androgel you need to spread it over your upper arms and shoulders and down your back as far as you can reach this is half of your dose then do the other side. Just spread it over the area but don't rub it in.

The other thing is it's not getting through your skin good so you need more. If you have a thyroid problem your skin will become thicker and gels and creams don't get through the skin and you need to switch to shots.

I tell men when they go on Gels to retest in 2 weeks because you can end up feeling worse. Most men just need more gel. Dr.'s that tell men to go on 5 grams of gel and come back in 8 to 12 weeks for labs don't know much about the use of gels. Dr.'s that treat a lot of men for low T on gels see this happen and test them again in 2 weeks.
When you go to do labs get up and shower that morning go do your labs and then put in the gel after your blood test so you don’t spike up your labs. If you can’t do labs in the morning shower put on the gel but don’t get any gel on the spot they take the blood from. Do your labs about 6 hrs later.

Call your Dr. and tell him this and that your not feeling good you were but fell back.
in this case.....what about a product like HCGhenerate...............my problem to begin with was like 0 LH and FSH so my testis were not getting the signal to produce Testosterone, u think that would do the trick, maybe if i stopped the gel?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
HCG acts like LH and tells the cells the LH cells in the testis to make Testosteone but most men on HCG only starting with 100 IU's / day don't feel as good as men doing both TRT and HCG. Men starting on TRT gels will find most do better on 10 grams and adding HCG 250 IU's every 3 days keeps there testis working.

If you know your Secondary try Clomid 12.5 mgs this will get your brain to send it's own LH and FSH to your testis and keep you able to make a kid.

Dr. John C and Dr. Shippen have started to use this for there Secondary men read this cut and paste and link.
http://www.**************.com/forum/showthread.php?17612-For-My-Guys-Who-Have-Failed-the-HPTA-Restart&highlight=Clomiphene
==========================================================================================
For My Guys Who Have Failed the HPTA-Restart
After a long Skype session a week ago with Dr. Shippen, I am rethinking the HPTA-Restart.

A number of my patients have responded well to the clomiphene challenge. This shows the HPTA is indeed intact. Yet when the SERM-class drug was withdrawn, testosterone levels once again plummeted.

With the proven benefit of low dose clomiphene, at 12.5mgs (1/4 tablet for convenience), or even less, I am now willing to maintain treatment, long term, on same.

Those who did not enjoy the subjective benefit of the on-treatment testosterone increase may have been sensitive to the estrogen agonism (mimic) half of the clomiphene, or zuclomiphene. Others experienced a sharp increase in SHBG (again, from the estrogen half of the drug), and so would have needed incredible--unattainable--gains in T just to produce bioavailable androgen levels sufficient to make them feel good.

Others simply have too much estrogen, either way.

For the latter example of therapy failure (by subjective report), we will add in aromatase inhibition, to hinder the conversion of T to E. For those with elevated SHBG, we can add in some oral Danazol to lower same. Once resultant dosages are titrated, we should be able to include all in the same cap, to save the patient money.

In my talks with Dr. Shippen, and well as Dr. Anna Cabeca (Functional Medicine physician extraordinaire) it is my belief residual toxic insult is the culprit behind resumption of the hypogonadal state once clomiphene stimulation of the HPTA is withdrawn.

Anyone who experienced good increases in T with clomiphene, without persistence upon drug withdrawal, is now welcome to go on clomiphene long-term. Depending upon the case, we may add in anastrozole and/or oral Danazol.

Keep in mind, "success" in previous restart attempt is defined merely as sufficiently increased testosterone production. Whether you felt better at the time or not is not reason for deferment. We can adjust estrogens and SHBG as necessary to yield positive subjective response.

My guys will tell you I have always been happy to try a restart. For those with failure to restart (meaning the system did not keep running once we stopped the clomiphene) we can try the new protocol. It would be great if we could NOT use TRT to restore health and happiness. Just call Renee, tell her what you want, and make an appointment. We'll get started right away.
Last edited by Dr. John Crisler; 04-04-2011 at 05:30 AM.
in this case.....what about a product like HCGhenerate...............my problem to begin with was like 0 LH and FSH so my testis were not getting the signal to produce Testosterone, u think that would do the trick, maybe if i stopped the gel?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good info, I didnt enjoy androgel. I switched to test cyp shots. Soon ill be trying a restart. and then go from there.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so a restart is when u use clomid to get ur brain making LH on its own again....hopefully

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
More information is needed to.make any suggestions
But would not waste money on natural supplements when on hrt unless for e2 support

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes you could use Clomid but before you try this check your Estradiol levels on Clomid you can't test them you need to be off clomid a good 6 weeks to get good labs for Estraidol. Some men are doing great on doing 12.5 mgs of clomid that could not get jump started and doing this low dose is keeping there T levels up and still able to make a baby.
so a restart is when u use clomid to get ur brain making LH on its own again....hopefully

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
There is one supplement I strongly recommend everyone, especially those on TRT, take. It's Stinging Nettle Leaf/Root Extract. It helps, along with my Beta-Sitosterol, to keep my PSA under control. But more importantly it cuts down my SHBG thus increasing my Free Testosterone (the GOOD STUFF!!!) and I do mean increasing! I went from something like 1.2 to 4.2 and wowed my uro with the results. Now I take about a gram of it 3X a day and love the results in the gym and elswhere LOL.

TangoCharlie

Awards
When on cycle or hrt your test production is suppressed, when you boost nothing it's still nothing. a natural test booster would not overcome the suppressive nature of the steroids.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I have recently started using androgel (few months) and still have pretty low Testosterone.
How much androgel are you using and what were your last test levels?
Since a doctor is monitoring you, you don't want to do anything that would cause a false reading on your bloodwork. It might cause him to reduce your dose or take you off alltogether.
If your levels are too low, your doctor should be suggesting a higher dose and if that doesn't work, it should tell your doctor you aren't absorbing the gel well enough to raise your testoserone levels.
Most doctors are going to start their patients out at the lowest dose to see how effective it is and raise the dose based on latest bloodwork. Don't screw up your bloodwork.